J. Iginla soon to be available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stourque. Show stourque's posts

J. Iginla soon to be available

Now that Calgary fired Sutter the trade talk surrounding Iginla will start to heat up. I would love to see him in Boston, but he makes $7 million and has 2 years left after this year. Calgary will want something significant in return, not just a bunch of castaways teams don't want. Bruins would have to send salaries of 5-7 million back, depending on injuries and when the deal's made. I predict that after seeing what offers they get, he'll be staying put.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: J. Iginla soon to be available

There's about 11 teams that could afford him right now without moving money but are all small market teams. Typically these teams keep high picks like a child hangs onto a security blanket.

Plus as you mentioned 2 1/2 more years at 7Mil is a tough nut to swallow looks more like the last year of his contract he'll get moved unless Brian Burke has well another Brian Burke moment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Iggy as a rental would make us instant Cup favorites.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ryder, Wheeler and our pic from Toronto?  But would it be worth it, because Iginla WOULDNT stay here.  Boston couldnt sign him to a long term contract unless they traded Savard for peanuts, which could be possible I guess.  Hmmm.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Wonder if he has a No Trade Clause?

A change of scenery might give his game a shot in the arm. He's had a rough year thus far.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=9

Full no movement clause but I'm quite sure he'd waive it at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Hard to compete with a team like the Kings who have the capspace & have guys like Jack Johnson, Johnathan Bernier, Wayne Simmonds, Thomas Hickey, Braden Schenn & draft picks they could dangle if they feel Iginla could put them over the top. Calgary could get a nice package from them.

If Iginla gets moved I think he will go to L.A.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Not happening. I love him. But not happening.

We'd probably have to package Krejci, Colborne or Caron, and Ryder or Wheeler to get him.

In Response to J. Iginla soon to be available:
    Now that Calgary fired Sutter the trade talk surrounding Iginla will start to heat up. I would love to see him in Boston, but he makes $7 million and has 2 years left after this year. Calgary will want something significant in return, not just a bunch of castaways teams don't want. Bruins would have to send salaries of 5-7 million back, depending on injuries and when the deal's made. I predict that after seeing what offers they get, he'll be staying put.
    Posted by stourque

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Iginla is the type of player that would take the Bruins to the next level.  A consistent scoring winger, something the Bruins haven't had in awhile. 

But like most posters here point out, it would be nearly impossible to get him.  Plus it would have to be a money for money type deal.  Many teams could and would trump any talent package the B's could offer.

To get him IMO, the package would have to be Bergeron, Wheeler (to even out the money) plus a #1 pick for Iggy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Would rather trade for Parise for what you'd have to give up for him.  But both I don't think will happen.  Here's to hoping that Landeskog is in a B's uni next season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Today's Calgary Herold - Dec 30th...Feaster - "Jerome isn't going anywhere".

Sections
Shortcuts