JACK EDWARDS: I WILL MISS HIM ON NESN, ANYONE ELSE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

JACK EDWARDS: I WILL MISS HIM ON NESN, ANYONE ELSE?

this guy actually made me like hockey and gravitate to the telecasts. i love his passion and dramatics. he keeps me involved. kind of like a johnny most, tommy heinsohn type. i love that! that essay after the montreal game was epic and will go down in history. 10000 years from now, they will still be repeating that. 

He was berated on weei last weekend in one of the most confrontational but honest interviews i have ever heard. the guy retained his class all thorough it and never wavered in his convictions as it pertains to calling a  game. its not for everyone but its honest. it is what it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Re: JACK EDWARDS: I LOVE HIM, ANYONE ELSE?

Jack Edwards is great to listen to. He is definitely a homer but he makes me laugh with those over the top comments. The one about Hamrlick when he yelled something like, Hamrlick acts like he just been shot...... GET UP!!!.  I listened to that WEEI interview last weekend and those guys really tried to get to him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

He's a million times better than Dale Arnold.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to Re: JACK EDWARDS: I LOVE HIM, ANYONE ELSE?:
    [QUOTE]He's a million times better than Dale Arnold.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Arnold is way too "clinical".  Jack's enthusiasm is much more entertaining!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I like Edwards better than Arnold - Arnold would always say something like "that mario lemieux guy - he is going to be pretty good" or something stupid like that. The only thing I do not like about Edwards is that he will bring up this 3 to 0 thing a thousand times on Friday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Thumbs up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]I like Edwards better than Arnold - Arnold would always say something like "that mario lemieux guy - he is going to be pretty good" or something stupid like that. The only thing I do not like about Edwards is that he will bring up this 3 to 0 thing a thousand times on Friday.
    Posted by maddog2020[/QUOTE]

And when they win, he'll have a completely ridiculous, over-the-top postgame rant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Amen, can't stand the VS guys....I think Friday game will be on NESN.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

I love him, but if he was an announcer for another team I probably would hate him! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]Amen, can't stand the VS guys....I think Friday game will be on NESN.
    Posted by Tbops[/QUOTE]

You don't like Doc Emerick?  He is awesome...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

love jack, he has his huh?-moments. but the guy is passionate, that cannot be denied. his actual play by play is second to none, he does his homework. it's kinda funny, usually the over the top homer is the former player, but it's brick that has to reel in jack most of the time. to that point, i think brick is one of the most objective announcers that calls games for his former team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Emrick & Thorne are 2 of the best by far. The one thing with Edwards is he gets so excited when the other team scores - if I am out of the room I think the B's have scored.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Don't like his style calling the game. I don't watch a hockey game to be entertained by the play by play guy. I actually find it really annoying and have muted the sound on many occasions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thorne is the best, hands down- his voice IS(was) playoff hockey. he's the oriole radio guy, doc does all the big hockey games now. doc is no thorne.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

[QUOTE]I love him, but if he was an announcer for another team I probably would hate him! 
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

couldn't say it any better.  Edwards is hysterical and I strongly believe the local play by play guy should be a total homer, absolutely!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

The WEEI guys were real jerks because they were doing their best to focus away from the game (MTL game 7) and make Edwards the issue. None of those guys know hockey nor do they know how to talk about it so instead they look for drama outside the game. Edwards was the target. They made me laugh when they said something to the effect that Bruins fans were more concerned about what Edwards said in postgame than the game itself. Beyond ridiculous. Bruins fans are happy with Jack Edwards and we just laugh when he goes over the top. Part of his appeal is his humerous fanaticism. Meanwhile, they don't harp on the homer of homers, Tommy Heinson(sp) over with the Celtics who has all the humerous appeal of a dead cat in the road.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I am sure that anyone who has complained about Jack Edwards is pretty quiet right about now, after having to listen to the announcers at VS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]I am sure that anyone who has complained about Jack Edwards is pretty quiet right about now, after having to listen to the announcers at VS.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Yeah...Foster Hewitt Award winner Mike Emrick is a real step down from Jack Edwards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

[QUOTE]I am sure that anyone who has complained about Jack Edwards is pretty quiet right about now, after having to listen to the announcers at VS.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Disagree completely.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

I like Emrick. I live near Vegas and usually catch most games at a sports
           book. During the regular season they don't always give you the NESN feed
           so I have to put up with the awful Panthers, Flyers, Canes and especially
           Sabre announcers. After a game of listening to those guys you appreciate
           Edwards even more. I think i just thought of a good idea. Next year maybe
           they will let me bring in my laptop so i can hear the radio feed.-- Love it
           when they sometimes voice over Dave Gaucher's call of a goal on some of 
           the sports reports (even ESPN)--- I think he and Beers do a great job.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Jack is improving. I think calling a game is hard work. He does a great job identifying the players in real time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]He's a million times better than Dale Arnold.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Fourteen trillion times better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JACK EDWARDS: I LOVE HIM, ANYONE ELSE? : Arnold is way too "clinical".  Jack's enthusiasm is much more entertaining!
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

Arnold is a narcissistic fool.  The only person who likes Dale Arnold more than Dale Arnold is Dale Arnold's mother.

I really didn't like Jack's cliches - "down the river", "wants transition", "D to D outlet" - when he first started but I think he's gotten better and he's definitely a fan, which I think a local broadcaster should be, despite what the ninnies on EEI say.  I thought his sarcastic piece on "royalty" after Game Seven was classic. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I never heard anybody really say juicy rebound until Edwards this year - now I am hearing it lot from other broad casters - He has created a little catch phrase.

Sections
Shortcuts