Jack Edwards interview with Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Jack Edwards interview with Seguin

He clearly wasn't taught humility growing up.

Seriously, though.....do we have to continue on with the Seguin bashing? It's as though some on here are recently-hearbroken ex-boyfriends who feel the need to bash the girl they were with in order to make themselves feel better. It's been the same thing with Thornton and Kessel.

You don't have to root for them at all. But stop trying to convince yourselves that these guys are bad players and that they were what held the Bruins back from winning the Cup every year.

We get it. The kid is a d***. It's just a weird coping mechanism. He's not on the team anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

I guess the question is what is the mgmt threshold  to employee caused nuisances. Would I fire somone soley on his attitude - probably not . While I'm writing this I'm think ing of a salesman of mine and truly I can't stand him.and I just recently hired him but he's got the sales  skills and if he brings home the bacon or will be bringi. Home the bacon as they say then firing him is making me a disfavor 

Bad Hab everything is a business as a kid I used to accept all what the bruins did never really scrutinized it today though its a business for the owners the players and we the fans who are in actual fact the customers. 

I'm the opposite.  I thought Harry Sinden was horrible to players and that the team was cheap and didn't spend the money it could have and should have and might have won a cup with Neely and Bourque.  Harry said financially the best position to be in is to lose in the Stanley Cup Finals.

This is not true with this management team, they have been mandated to win a cup.

I'm more intelligent than Harry Sinden, I honestly believe that.  Of course he knew hockey better, but I am smarter than he was.  I think PC is smarter than me, and smarter than most.  If I were owner I would have fired CJ in that Montreal series a few years back.  Obviously they made the right call.

Back to the salesman you hate, will he get more or less slack if he stops bringing home the bacon?  As in lack of scoring in playoff games?

I believe that PC has the best management team in the business.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

"Coping mechanism" is the correct term

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Seriously, though.....do we have to continue on with the Seguin bashing? It's as though some on here are recently-hearbroken ex-boyfriends who feel the need to bash the girl they were with in order to make themselves feel better. It's been the same thing with Thornton and Kessel.

You don't have to root for them at all. But stop trying to convince yourselves that these guys are bad players and that they were what held the Bruins back from winning the Cup every year.

We get it. The kid is a d***. It's just a weird coping mechanism. He's not on the team anymore.

Seguin is a good hockey player.  

I was shocked by the interview, I had not seen that side of him before.  

I had heard him say dumb things prior to this, but not arrogant as he was.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

This is some funny stuff.  Good reads.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and he's still deadly in the 'skills competition' that is overtime.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Seguin is a good hockey player.  

I was shocked by the interview, I had not seen that side of him before.  

I had heard him say dumb things prior to this, but not arrogant as he was.

@Guy - I think the resurgence of Seguin bashing is - like many have mentioned here - a mechanism to justify the trade in the first place.

I don't wish him ill will and hope he shines in Dallas (just not against us).

Whatever he did or didn't do off the ice can really only be substatiated by Seguin & management. We hear rumours and perhaps witness accounts of specific instances but we really don't know the extent of what happened like PC, etc.

I believe management needed to address the cap issues first(Peverly) and Seguin was offered in the package of players because a) he is a great player and b) it was a way to address the off-ice stuff. I haven't seen Behind the Bruins(?) where they talked about Seguin but I don't think he was the principle part of the deal, was he?

@BadHab - I only saw Part 2 of the interview...but was it really that shocking? You mentioned that he said something about 'my' line...it is not out of the ordinary for a player to mean 'back on my(regular) line'. That might be what he meant by that.

His quote about how the Bruins were 'one of the best in the league - at least when I was there' could be construed as either he doesn't believe they are one of the best now (and it could be agrued by many that he is right) and that when he was there he believed the Bruins were one of the best...it doesn't necessarily mean it is because he is not there that we've slipped from the top ranks. I am not sure I made my case there, but there you go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

@BadHab - I only saw Part 2 of the interview...but was it really that shocking? You mentioned that he said something about 'my' line...it is not out of the ordinary for a player to mean 'back on my(regular) line'. That might be what he meant by that.

His quote about how the Bruins were 'one of the best in the league - at least when I was there' could be construed as either he doesn't believe they are one of the best now (and it could be agrued by many that he is right) and that when he was there he believed the Bruins were one of the best...it doesn't necessarily mean it is because he is not there that we've slipped from the top ranks. I am not sure I made my case there, but there you go.

Maybe it wasn't that shocking, however it shocked me.

This was not what I saw in interviews when he was on the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe it wasn't that shocking, however it shocked me.

This was not what I saw in interviews when he was on the Bruins.

The interviews when he was a Boston player were about the Boston team he was a part of.

The current interviews are about him.

He can't use "we" as there is no longer a "we" when talking about the Bruins and part of the Dallas organization.

He handled it correctly.

You're just dancing with tables here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I still think he's better than Taylor Hall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

No way.  Hall was wearing a Sox cap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I laughed when he complimented the Bruins and then said it was good "when I was there", just because it sounded funny.  I don't think there is anyway he was really taking a dig at them and suggesting things are no longer good there.  Seemed like an innocent figure of speech to me -- he can't comment on what it's like now, but was still trying to praise them based on what he saw.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I guess the question is what is the mgmt threshold  to employee caused nuisances. Would I fire somone soley on his attitude - probably not . While I'm writing this I'm think ing of a salesman of mine and truly I can't stand him.and I just recently hired him but he's got the sales  skills and if he brings home the bacon or will be bringi. Home the bacon as they say then firing him is making me a disfavor 

Bad Hab everything is a business as a kid I used to accept all what the bruins did never really scrutinized it today though its a business for the owners the players and we the fans who are in actual fact the customers. 

I'm the opposite.  I thought Harry Sinden was horrible to players and that the team was cheap and didn't spend the money it could have and should have and might have won a cup with Neely and Bourque.  Harry said financially the best position to be in is to lose in the Stanley Cup Finals.

This is not true with this management team, they have been mandated to win a cup.

I'm more intelligent than Harry Sinden, I honestly believe that.  Of course he knew hockey better, but I am smarter than he was.  I think PC is smarter than me, and smarter than most.  If I were owner I would have fired CJ in that Montreal series a few years back.  Obviously they made the right call.

Back to the salesman you hate, will he get more or less slack if he stops bringing home the bacon?  As in lack of scoring in playoff games?

I believe that PC has the best management team in the business.

Why would sinden say that sbout finanacially...

I didn't hate sinden he won a cup for us it c was the Jacobs that are so fkn cheap it wasn't sinden $$$ 

Remember he did make good trades - neely adam oates poulin propp although old and keep in mind the signing which I'm sure every bruin fan welcomed - kevin stevens

As far as Willy Loman ( death of a salesman) I wont fire him because he's In a present drought especially if he's shown why I hired him in the first place it would take a long and dismal performance

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The interviews when he was a Boston player were about the Boston team he was a part of.

The current interviews are about him.

He can't use "we" as there is no longer a "we" when talking about the Bruins and part of the Dallas organization.

He handled it correctly.

You're just dancing with tables here.

And the bit about being demoted to the 3rd line?

He said he thought that the Bruins just wanted him play a different role?  

Believe what you want, but I think he's either an idiot or in denial or both.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Taylor hall will be one helluva player  - I give notch to hall

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't care about any of this.

I don't regret the trade.  My only problem with the loss last night, other than Chara's brain cramp, is having to listen to all of the crap about Taylor Sequins for another three weeks or so.

It was a perfect ending, really - he helped them win a skills competition, not a hockey game.  Whatever.

couldn't have stated that any better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree, I think Tyler is moret talened. Oe needs to grow up the other needs to stay on the ice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I agree, I think Tyler is moret talened. Oe needs to grow up the other needs to stay on the ice.

Yes he does but as bruin fan rather go through these growing  pains with him then against him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I don't care about any of this.

I don't regret the trade.  My only problem with the loss last night, other than Chara's brain cramp, is having to listen to all of the crap about Taylor Sequins for another three weeks or so.

It was a perfect ending, really - he helped them win a skills competition, not a hockey game.  Whatever.

couldn't have stated that any better.

Much your same sentiments when kessel got traded .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just watched it again. You can almost feel the immaturity in his answers, body language etc..I'm sure it was awkward for him and I know people have different personalities, but I also look at other young athletes and how they handle themselves at the same age or younger. Tavares, Crosby etc..They had a more business like attitude when being questioned. Even Patrick Kane, he did some immature stuff, I'm sure more than we know, but he handled himself differently.
    I hope the kid grows up and dedicates himself to his job, I was a big fan of him while he was here and would have loved for him to be that Bruin superstar you tell you kids about like my dad told me about Orr. He's got the skill, the rest is up to him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

He sure answered the bell tonight... media is going to have a field day re-analyzing the trade

He was invisible the entire game scored in a shoot out, same as always problem for him is there are no shoot outs in the playoffs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

the guy has 15 pts in 15 games and has as many pts as the 21st leading scorer- i am sure that until now dallas fans will drink to that. Not bad for an old timer like seguin

Sections
Shortcuts