JACK EDWARDS + PETER GAMMONS in a HOCKEY cage match, who you got?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: JACK EDWARDS + PETER GAMMONS in a HOCKEY cage match, who you got?

Not sure exactly what you're saying, Commy, but I hate to see hockey dummed down or propped up in order to find more fans.  Oh wait.  Hockey needs more fans so the sport can get more viewers so the owners and TV execs can make more money, so ... let's take fighting out of the game.

If Gammons really said those things then he's more ignorant that I thought.  I love watching good hockey, whether it's pro, AHL, juniors, college or even high school.  I'm not a big fan of fighting, frankly.  When a fight startts, sometimes I'll walk away to use the toilet or get a coffee. But I think fighting has a place in the game.  

What Gammons apparently misses is that hockey is a subtle game, and that intimidation, momentum, confidence play huge roles.

For example, ever notice how a sharp, tape-to-tape pass coming out from a defenseman to a wing can trigger other sharp, tape-tape passes as a reasult, and often lead to a scoring chance?

But a sloppy pass to start a play becomes contagious, creating more sloppiness.

Also, (I'm talking to Gammon's now) how a player can give something up, like some space on the ice, to lure the puck carrier in, then take it away at the key moment?

Tribal?  That's the stuff you write for Sports Illustrated or GQ -- you know, the high-level analytical piece.  Put it there Gammons, and stay out of the rink.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

When I saw the headline I thought "Sigh what's Stanley up to now." Then I click on it and realize that it's far worse. Ther plus side is I at least read Stanley's post - I don't bother with the Commie's so it at least saves me some time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

When I saw the headline I thought "Sigh what's Stanley up to now." Then I click on it and realize that it's far worse. Ther plus side is I at least read Stanley's post - I don't bother with the Commie's so it at least saves me some time.

What's even more sad is that they allowed this radical on twitter! Which is why I refuse to go on it. The wingnuts far out weigh the decent, intelligent people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

WHO IS SIGH?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

WHO IS SIGH?

sigh

Sections
Shortcuts