Jack Parker to Announce Retirement Tomorrow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Jack Parker to Announce Retirement Tomorrow

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=659524&navid=nhl:topheads

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2013/03/reports_jack_pa.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Jack Parker to Announce Retirement Tomorrow

It's going to be so odd not seeing him up against Jerry York anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It's going to be so odd not seeing him up against Jerry York anymore.

I remember when it was Parker, Ceglarski & Cleary.  This move puts the nail in that era.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The season he started as head coach I was a rink rat at the Case Center, a friend of mine played for the jv team at that time.  Somehow this marks an end to part of my hockey life, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A tip of the hat from me, and I'm no BU fan.  He's literally been there my entire life, won championships in three different decades, and typically handled adversity with class (the Travis Roy injury comes to mind).

In the context of the Paterno regime, I'm not sure how much blame you can place on Parker becuase he had two players who believed that could take sexual liberties on fellow students.  It seemed to me that he handled things pretty swiftly after being informed, as both players were kicked out of the program long before the allegations came to light in the public, unlike others in the NCAA that became privately aware of scandals among their ranks and did nothing.  Unfortunate that some of his players felt entitled to act out, but I believe that college players should be treated like adults and bear the responsibility for their own actions, instead of looking at the coach.

Congrats on a great career.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I wouldn't cheer for BU if they were the only team in the NCAA, but the man deserves every accolade he gets - been head coach longer than I've been alive.

Enjoy your retirement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He was fair and reasonable to me, I can say that much.  As a rink rat I managed to get into a little bit of trouble and he was fair about it.  He could have been heavy handed as I wasn't a student there, just knew some players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

He was fair and reasonable to me, I can say that much.  As a rink rat I managed to get into a little bit of trouble and he was fair about it.  He could have been heavy handed as I wasn't a student there, just knew some players.

???

What's with all the 'baiting' around here recently?  If you have a good story, tell it.  We don't know who you are.

C'mon.  Whatdja do?  Knock up the zamboni driver's daughter? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh OK, I'll spill it.

I was a good friend of someone on the team and hung out at the rink looking for open ice and so on, knew some of the players.  So we would get bored and wander around the rink.  And we found one of the concessions wasn't locked.  Happened to be the beer concession.  Out went several cases into the dorms and home with me.  I was spotted by some rink employee carrying out 2 cases of beer, and a student was seen, too.  It all got reported to Parker and I was called into him office and he told me I was seen with 2 cases of beer - so I had to return 2 cases of beer and teh student did, too.  I was just 13 or 14 maybe at the time.  It was a different day and age then, you younger people might not understand, under age drinking was actually on the acceptable side then.  I drank in bars in Boston and Montreal and wasn't carded.  The drinking age was 18 then.

He could have called the cops, but I think he did the decent thing with a young dumb kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Oh OK, I'll spill it.

I was a good friend of someone on the team and hung out at the rink looking for open ice and so on, knew some of the players.  So we would get bored and wander around the rink.  And we found one of the concessions wasn't locked.  Happened to be the beer concession.  Out went several cases into the dorms and home with me.  I was spotted by some rink employee carrying out 2 cases of beer, and a student was seen, too.  It all got reported to Parker and I was called into him office and he told me I was seen with 2 cases of beer - so I had to return 2 cases of beer and teh student did, too.  I was just 13 or 14 maybe at the time.  It was a different day and age then, you younger people might not understand, under age drinking was actually on the acceptable side then.  I drank in bars in Boston and Montreal and wasn't carded.  The drinking age was 18 then.

He could have called the cops, but I think he did the decent thing with a young dumb kid.

Good story.  Thanks.  Sounds like something I would have done...