Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins

I freakin hope so !!!  Look at all the extra coinage the Bruins put in his coffers.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins

Translation on his address to the team...

"Thank you for going 7 with both Montreal and TB and for making the Stanley Cup Finals.  We have already sold a ton of overpriced hot dogs and beer and we plan on doing the same in the finals.  It would be great if you could get to Game 6 to let me maximize my sales."

My remarks are probably a little unfair, but I do not believe for a second that this guy is emotionally invested in this team's success.  Does he want them to win it all?  Sure, but I will never believe that he follows the team with the kind of passion that the other Boston sport's owners do (Kraft, Henry, Grousbeck/Pagliuca).  IMO, a good owner is a fan of the team, JJ has always been more of a fan of profits and simply views this team as part of his overall investment portfolio.  Hockey team is good for diversification.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

$$$$$$$

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Wow, harsh.  I'm pretty distant from the overpriced hot dogs, never bought one, but I've bought plenty of overpriced hot dogs other places. 

I know the history, JJ lead the charge against escalating salaries, pre-cap days.  I hated it too.  How many teams could have achieved more with that one re-signing, or UFA, or trade deadline deal. But in fairness, if your going to preach, your actions better back them up.  Since the cap came in, the Bruins have spent to the cap every year, and eating an extra coach salary and a couple of buyouts.  

Is it possible to own a major league professional franchise and not be a fan?  Not to have an emotional reaction to success?  Man that would be robotic.  

Time will show Jeremy Jacobs as one of the top Owners in NHL history.  A leader in many ways.  I guess that doesn't make the most popular, with fans especially. However, if he is enjoying this ride like everybody else, why not let him have that? 

I would love to know how the player's feel about him.  I think that is a truer picture than what fans think.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins:
    I freakin hope so !!!  Look at all the extra coinage the Bruins put in his coffers.
    Posted by Stuke50
     He gave me a sick feeling for many years. But the extra coinage he has put into this team for the past SEVERAL years has gotten this team to where they are today.
    It all good now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

On the Delaware North web site, you'll find this nugget off the main Bruins link...
    http://www.delawarenorth.com/State-of-the-Boston-Bruins-2009.aspx

State of the Boston Bruins 2009

Jeremy Jacobs, Delaware North Companies chairman and chief executive officer and owner of the Boston Bruins, and Charlie Jacobs, principal, delivered the State of the
    Boston Bruins address at TD Garden this month. Others on hand for the event included Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli, Vice President Cam Neely, Coach Claude Julien and Bruins players Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic and Derek Morris. NESN commentator and Bruins alumni Andy Brickley moderated the event.

The group spoke to fans about on a number of topics and unveiled the jersey the team will wear during the 2010 NHL Winter Classic on New Year's Dayat Fenway Park in Boston. More than 2,700 Bruins fans attended the event to listen and ask questions.

When the hockey team is part of the overall investment portfolio, you leave garbage like this on your company web site.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins:
    On the Delaware North web site, you'll find this nugget off the main Bruins link... http://www.delawarenorth.com/State-of-the-Boston-Bruins-2009.aspx State of the Boston Bruins 2009 Jeremy Jacobs, Delaware North Companies chairman and chief executive officer and owner of the Boston Bruins, and Charlie Jacobs, principal, delivered the State of the Boston Bruins address at TD Garden this month. Others on hand for the event included Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli, Vice President Cam Neely , Coach Claude Julien and Bruins players Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic and Derek Morris . NESN commentator and Bruins alumni Andy Brickley moderated the event. The group spoke to fans about on a number of topics and unveiled the jersey the team will wear during the 2010 NHL Winter Classic on New Year's Day at Fenway Park in Boston. More than 2,700 Bruins fans attended the event to listen and ask questions. When the hockey team is part of the overall investment portfolio, you leave garbage like this on your company web site.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Sorry Crowls, I'm not getting your point.  What's the garbage? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins : Sorry Crowls, I'm not getting your point.  What's the garbage? 
    Posted by scooter244

The Bruins page has two links:
    1) State of the Bruins- 2009
    2) Boston Bruins Main Web Site

No updates on the company web site for two years?  Derek Morris, really?

If you go the homepage, you will see a nice photo of Jeremy Reich (with Glen Murray next to him).  Back a few years ago, their web site had a photo of then Buffalo Sabres goalie Dominik Hasek, because Deleware North sold concessions at their arena.  Fraud city in my book, that opinion of JJ will never change for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

The Jacobs are a great owner! I think it is very disrespectful to say otherwise! If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t even have a salary cap! Think of this the NYR giving Chara 11 or 12 million dollars per year contract!

The Jacobs gave us a salary cap & they kept their word! They have spent to the cap limit every year & this year the Bruins actually salary is 10 million more then the cap hit but because salaries are base on average & Savard injury the Bruins make it under the cap but again real dollars they spent nearly 70 million; honestly what more do you want?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

To suggest the Jacobs family are "great" owners is a bit much. The team hasn't won since they purchased the club.

As for the salary cap, while I'm glad they have spent to it, they benefit from having one in place. Even having said that, it's not like they didn't save up from decades of underplaying players and not going after the level of talent that might have tipped the scales in the B's favor those years they were "one player away".

This guy is a clown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Harry Sinden has already stated publicly in Montreal that the ideal is to go up to the 7th part of the Stanley Cup final(big Money), and lose it.(no pay rise, they lost.) It speaks volumes about the man, his boss and their philosophy.

Imagine the message that Jacobs has sent to his team for the final.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Harry Sinden has already stated publicly in Montreal that the ideal is to go up to the 7th part of the Stanley Cup final(big Money), and lose it.(no pay rise, t hey lost. ) It speaks volumes about the man and his boss.
    Posted by BlueChip99

One mention of JJ and it turns into troll central around here.........I feel like I've taken a walk under a bridge(there are so many trolls around here)........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins : The Bruins page has two links: 1) State of the Bruins- 2009 2) Boston Bruins Main Web Site No updates on the company web site for two years?  Derek Morris, really? If you go the homepage, you will see a nice photo of Jeremy Reich (with Glen Murray next to him).  Back a few years ago, their web site had a photo of then Buffalo Sabres goalie Dominik Hasek, because Deleware North sold concessions at their arena.  Fraud city in my book, that opinion of JJ will never change for me.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Ya, I guess somebody at Deleware North should have updated the page.  However, It's a corporate website, not a fan page.   I doubt anybody looking to do business with the corporation cares which former Bruins are in story discussing one aspect of the corporations business holdings that likely have nothing to do with why they are looking to business with them. 
    And, this certainly has nothing to do with whether or not Jeremy Jacobs is entitled to enjoy his teams success.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Harry Sinden has already stated publicly in Montreal that the ideal is to go up to the 7th part of the Stanley Cup final(big Money), and lose it.(no pay rise, t hey lost. ) It speaks volumes about the man, his boss and their philosophy
    Posted by BlueChip99

Link?  I'd sure like to know the context of that statement.  Harry Sinden was a great GM from an Owners perspective. But, he was also a Hockey guy and I have a hard time buying that his goal was to lose the Stanley Cup final.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins : One mention of JJ and it turns into troll central around here.........I feel like I've taken a walk under a bridge(there are so many trolls around here)........
    Posted by dezaruchi

It's your right

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

You people still don't get it do you? Jacobs knows very little or nothing about hockey. He is a business man and has foolishly relied on Harry Sinden, the cheapest penny pincher that ever walked the earth. Harry, not Jacobs ran the  B's into the ground all the while keeping Jacobs happy with a good bottom line and telling him they were one player away. Harry fired a coach every 1 1/2 years on average, how the heck can a team get traction with a reloving coaching staff?? The over priced food, have you eaten at a Pats game or a sox game????? please...they are all priced that way because they have to pay union workers to open food stations, keep them clean, cook, then clean up for what 3-4 hours of sales?? McDonalds is open all night and pays minimum wage and you pay 75% for the same crap!! The man built the garden with his own $ with no tax payer help like many other cities. He's not warm and fuzzy like Kraft, but so what? Would you rather have corperate own the team like the sox or Rangers??? The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. I would rather have Jacobs than the sox owner who have the mentality to pay whatever they want to players then raise prices so no one but suits can afford the tix. They would pay too much for one player or two and have no room for other good players (see new jersey). It amazes me there is no pleasing most of you. They are finally going all the way in the toughest sport to win and all I see are complaining threads. GET A LIFE!! ENJOY THE RIDE, IT'S ONLY ENTERTAINMENT!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins : Link?  I'd sure like to know the context of that statement.  Harry Sinden was a great GM from an Owners perspective. But, he was also a Hockey guy and I have a hard time buying that his goal was to lose the Stanley Cup final.   
    Posted by scooter244

I have no link. It was the time of Ratelle, Park, O Reilly...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Scooter244 wrote: Is it possible to own a major league professional franchise and not be a fan?  Not to have an emotional reaction to success?  Man that would be robotic.  

Time will show Jeremy Jacobs as one of the top Owners in NHL history.  A leader in many ways.  I guess that doesn't make the most popular, with fans especially. However, if he is enjoying this ride like everybody else, why not let him have that?  

I'll bet JJ is a fan of the team, further, he's a darn good businessman. But he's owned this team since 1975. Since 1990  this is the second time the Bruins are in a cup finals. That's a pretty poor record. 

The issue, I believe a lot of Bruins fans have with him, is, aside from the teams consistent lack of success, is he's an absentee owner who doesn't understand the game of hockey (if you have ever heard him interviewed about the game, its painful).

Boston/ New Englnad fans expect passionate commitment from their players, coaches and owners. So with Jeremy Jacobs you have a passionless, out of town owner (Buffalo, NY), who doesn't understand the basics of the game, and with a mediocre performance record. I'm sorry but with this record I find it hard to believe that Mr. Jacobs will ever be ranked as one of the top owners in NHL history

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In Response to Jacobs Applauds 2010-2011 Bruins :  He gave me a sick feeling for many years. But the extra coinage he has put into this team for the past SEVERAL years has gotten this team to where they are today. It all good now.
    Posted by pauly1

I agree Pauly1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Since I started watching, I've seen the B's one guy away most seasons (and that was a playoff goaltender) and then they made a half-assed, late effort getting guys like Gonchar and Nylander to play with Joe Thornton around strike time...  It really colors the recent events we've been enjoying.  I just wish I had JJ's money so I could make some of these games in person.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

proof's in the pudding....to all you haters, he's done something right. his team is playing for the cup, with the gm HE CHOSE, the COACH HE BACKED, and the MONEY HE SPENT(ALL HE COULD). give it a rest. he's a businessman, with a business plan that has come to fruition(i realize not quite yet). move on people.  let's go bruins!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts