Jagr a Bruin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Jagr a Bruin

Does this conditional 2nd max out in the second round, or minimum of the second round.  That is the only detail that is hazy for me?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I'm all excite !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to BritishColumbiaBruin's comment:

Any chance he is on a plane and will play tonight?

Good question. I never liked Jagr but am impatient and want to see how he will fit in. I wonder how far in advance the players are informed compared to when it is announced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think the lines look pretty set for both short-term and playoffs

Lucic Krejci Jagr

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Daugavins Peverley Horton

Paille Campbell Thornton

Once Kelly comes back, you put Daugavins as 13th, and move Pevs left for

Lucic Krejci Jagr

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Peverley Kelly Horton

Paille Campbell Thornton

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

I'm thinking that KoKo survives the depth dman trade.

I want Striet or Boyle Sandog

The Islanders will go down to the wire with the Rags for the eighth spot, right down to the wire. I don't see this happening.

Boyle has a $6Mcap hit next year, for the same reason PC didn't go after Chief Jay strong Bo will be the same reason he doesn't go after Boyle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I think the lines look pretty set for both short-term and playoffs

Lucic Krejci Jagr

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Daugavins Peverley Horton

Paille Campbell Thornton

Once Kelly comes back, you put Daugavins as 13th, and move Pevs left for

Lucic Krejci Jagr

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Peverley Kelly Horton

Paille Campbell Thornton

With out another trade pending.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

If the Bruins get to the third round the second round pick becomes a first rounder. Bob MCKENZIE TWEETS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie2m

Conditional 2nd rounder BOS will give DAL in Jagr deal becomes a 1st rounder if BOS wins two playoff series. BTW, deal still not official

not sure if i like this deaql - hamstrings any other possible moves that involve a high draft pick..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Hate to see Cody Payne leaving the Bruins....lets see what Jagr can bring before saying we made a good trade....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Love it.  This team needs some scoring.  Jagr brings more to the table in that aspect than Iginla, plus...appears he actually would like to play here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

You were going to give up a first rounder for iginla anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Hate to see Cody Payne leaving the Bruins....lets see what Jagr can bring before saying we made a good trade....

OK I am on board saying no to Jagr and Clowe But i would have made this deal. I DON'T think they gave up ton. I have not seen Payne play i can not lie about that. You guys no more then that stuff then me. I like the deal but he  PC must continue to add on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

Conditional 2nd rounder BOS will give DAL in Jagr deal becomes a 1st rounder if BOS wins two playoff series. BTW, deal still not official

not sure if i like this deaql - hamstrings any other possible moves that involve a high draft pick..

Not necessarily - we still don't know what year the pick is for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Not necessarily - we still don't know what year the pick is for.

great point!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep....no one knows the full details yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Great move in my book. I wanted them to grab him last year. He's big and still skilled, and should play with Krecji. Horts has heated up and still deserves to be on that line, but Looch should move to the third line and provide some much needed size there to go with the speed. Pandolfo should sit, and keep Caron as a spare. Maybe Looch can even get Peverly going, who knows? All in all, thumbs up on this one!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie3m

Now it's official. Jagr is a Bruin. DAL gets MacDermid, Payne and conditional 2nd round pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I wish our hands weren't tied on the first.  But I think this is a very good deal.  I would have been pissed if we lost him to another team for the same assumed deal.  conditional 2nd and two lower end prospects.

Getting Dan Boyle's controlled year at 6 mil should not be a deterrent.  Give SJ a conditional first, this year or next based on Pitt deal and two prospects.  Krug or Bartkowski and a low end guy?

I bet we could trade him in the offseason for a second.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The one time Claude moved Lucic to the 3rd with Peverly and caron, that line, especially Looch clicked and simmered. Don't know what Claude will do, but, Jags needs a coach who supports him, or he can float as he's done before. At least he's the sniper that was needed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Can  Horton play his off wing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

If it is official, its a nice addition to an offense that has trouble finishing and seems asleep half the time, not to mention just might be the thing the PP needs. Didnt give up much.  If the pick becomes a first, that means the B's went to the Conf Finals. That would be a good thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

So much versatility now. Having a skilled lefty was needed so badly, as was having a player that can play on any of the top-3 lines.  Jagr is also big and strong and great at puck possession.  He could fit that game with DK and Lucic, or just give some scoring threat to the 3rd line.  It also gives motivation to players because CJ can mix things up.

3rd line no longer painful to watch, high-end skill on the right side on the powerplay.  I'm very happy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

So much versatility now. Having a skilled lefty was needed so badly, as was having a player that can play on any of the top-3 lines.  Jagr is also big and strong and great at puck possession.  He could fit that game with DK and Lucic, or just give some scoring threat to the 3rd line.  It also gives motivation to players because CJ can mix things up.

3rd line no longer painful to watch, high-end skill on the right side on the powerplay.  I'm very happy.

You must be to change your avatar so quickly.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie3m

Now it's official. Jagr is a Bruin. DAL gets MacDermid, Payne and conditional 2nd round pick.

Not so fast:

From the Pissburgh Post-Gazette
    "Bettman introduces new hair rule, nixes Jagr trade"

Can you sport a "Chris Mason"?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Hulot, no joking. We've had enough jokes concerning trades this year.