Jagr a Bruin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Jagr a Bruin

If assembling lines in a vacuum instead of past history, they'd look much different:

Marchand-Krejci-Jagr

Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin

Daug-Peverly-Horton / Pevs-Kelly-Horton in playoffs

Thornton-Campbell-Paille

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Just saying that nothing would surprise me at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love this. Check out the kid on the left:

https://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie/status/319160653396967424/photo/1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The question of the day is really this... why was Jagr available?  Team scoring leader for a team battling for a playoff spot?  Was it just a cap move?  Hmmm...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I love this. Check out the kid on the left:

https://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie/status/319160653396967424/photo/1

My God, he always had that hooter...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

The question of the day is really this... why was Jagr available?  Team scoring leader for a team battling for a playoff spot?  Was it just a cap move?  Hmmm...

They lost two in a row which has pretty much scuttled their playoff hopes with them needing to leap frog 4 teams now to get in. They're moving their UFAs for younger pieces. Nieuwendyk is looking to the future, not the now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

He was available because Mark Recchi is an advisor for the Dallas Stars and he told Jagr about all the wine available in Boston that will allow for him to play well in his forties and get another cup!  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

I preffered Jagr to Iginla. Jagr is actually the better all round player in my opinion. Better plus minus player. Leading his team in scoring and goals by FIVE. Iginla was 4th in scoring and 3rd in goals on a worse team. And Iginla has been a crappy plus minus guy for 5 straight years.

Jagr has more playoff experience. More championship experience. Better on the power play. Never got the Iginla love. Good move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

PC good job, please get that puck mover, Pens have to be heated. Pens in trouble without Crosby and B's will be better without losing a roster player. Iggy will not play with Crosby this season and I hope Jagr helps make the Pens pay. Happy for the Bruins and fans *PC>.

]      GOOOOOOOOOO      BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Well I dont care what Jagr does as long as I dont see Pandolfo anymore thats worth a1st round pick

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

When's he coming!? C'mon 'Scoops Dupont'! Make yourself useful!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Kevin Paul Dupont @GlobeKPD

Jagr joins Bruins on Wed. Expected debut Thurs vs Devs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thursday? Excellent......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Kevin Paul Dupont @GlobeKPD

Jagr joins Bruins on Wed. Expected debut Thurs vs Devs.

THURS! Get your ash on the plane TODAY Yammy & play tonight you big PUSS! LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He didn't have a contract for net year, Dallas is going not going anywhere but one & done, and it saves a bit of cash. 

For one season he may be even more productive than Iginla would have been.

Now go out and get a solid blue liner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Payne is the only piece that I think could bite the Bruins.  I didn't see it the one time I saw him this year, but I think it was Chowdah who said he has more long term potential as a power forward than Camara.  So...Jagr for a 2, basically.  And nothing from the roster.  Always a key part of the deal.

Wasn't me. It was Sandog's writer buddy. 

Camara. Hands down for me !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Hate to see Cody Payne leaving the Bruins....lets see what Jagr can bring before saying we made a good trade....

Yes, you having been talking about this player from the day he was drafted...........well probably not, you just found out who he was today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've never liked Jagr much because he's always been on teams I dislike, but I watched him live about two weeks ago in Denver and remember thinking 'damn, he's still good'.  I like this move.  A perfect piece for the powerplay and a good deal cheaper than Iggy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Despite the blood bath between the Stars and Bruins, I've like the stars since the Modano years. Once they got rid of Avery Ott & co. I'm not as angry with them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Hate to see Cody Payne leaving the Bruins....lets see what Jagr can bring before saying we made a good trade....

Yes, you having been talking about this player from the day he was drafted...........well probably not, you just found out who he was today.

The BadHab stat evaluator says this guy shows moderate promise.

I only vaguely remember seeing him at camp and didn't make a strong impression one way or the other.

tell us more, did we lose anything?

Macdermind was a total waste in my mind, not that good a fighter and certainly not that good a player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Can  Horton play his off wing?

Can't even play his "ON" wing LoL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I've never liked Jagr much because he's always been on teams I dislike, but I watched him live about two weeks ago in Denver and remember thinking 'damn, he's still good'.  I like this move.  A perfect piece for the powerplay and a good deal cheaper than Iggy.

Fletch, I was also thinking of how good Krejci and Jagr looked together at the 2010 Olympics as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    Thursday? Excellent......

...Smithers!

(Just couldn't resist)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Fletch, I was also thinking of how good Krejci and Jagr looked together at the 2010 Olympics as well.

Yeah, that's another angle to this.  Does this help Krejci?  I would think so.

Sections
Shortcuts