Jagr needs to show more emotion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Jagr needs to show more emotion

In response to readsocks' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to readsocks's comment:

I think you meant Julien doesn't know where to fit anyone lately.. he is stubborn.. Jagr should be skating with Kreji 

Krejci  2GP  1-3-4

Lucic  2GP  0-3-3

Horton  2GP  2-0-2

Yeah, I'd definitely breakup that line.

CJ has to or else Jagr might get hurt feelings and not come back next year. I'm in agreement with you GNB. You don't break up the only line that works just because you've got a future hall of famer doing nothing.

yeah, go back and look at these goals..assists... granted the puck found the back of the net.. but they certainly are not generating high quality scoring chances.. and they havent all year.

Jagr with Kreji... and if necessary.. Lucic and watch the quailty of scoring chances go up.. and most likely point production.. 

Jagr was worse than his linemates last night. I noticed because I watched without wearing blinders. Jagr was outmuscled by Kessel for a loose puck...........twice. Is that Peverley's fault too?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

yeah, go back and look at these goals..assists... granted the puck found the back of the net.. but they certainly are not generating high quality scoring chances.. and they havent all year.

Jagr with Kreji... and if necessary.. Lucic and watch the quailty of scoring chances go up.. and most likely point production.. 

Ah, the famous style points for goals.  I forgot about those.  Jagr and Krejci would score higher in the "style points" category for their goals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think you meant Julien doesn't know where to fit anyone lately.. he is stubborn.. Jagr should be skating with Kreji 

Krejci  2GP  1-3-4

Lucic  2GP  0-3-3

Horton  2GP  2-0-2

CJ has to or else Jagr might get hurt feelings and not come back next year. I'm in agreement with you GNB. You don't break up the only line that works just because you've got a future hall of famer doing nothing.

Wow, i always thought thats what it was all about, huh, stupid me.I guess it would be more visually pleasing to see more fancy goals and that is always something to consider. Break up the Krejci line then, i have to agree i hate boring goals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

We would probably see Jagr with linemates, more complimentary to his skillset if the Bruins EVER got a POWERPLAY?!

I'm not one to bleat the unsustainable; 'conspiracy'....

Instead, I might say that a game when the Bruins aren't getting any Powerplays might also be a game when they are doing little to nothing to make their opponents desperate, to make their opponents foul them. In other words; not fighting through things along the boards, not going hard to the net, not establishing net-front presence; not doing the things in the offensive zone that wear an opponent down and make them take undisciplined or necessary penalties.

Want a Powerplay? Want Jagr out there 5-6 times a game with Krejci or Seguin or Bergeron? Simple. Earn it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's just not working with Kelly, there's no chemistry between them . Kelly is a straight line guy, into the offensive zone , grind it in the corners or go to the net for a rebound.

What does Julien have to do ?  Break up the KHL line ? I wouldn't want that.

Then there's Bergeron line, a couple of weeks ago I would have said no to breaking them up but they've haven't done much lately.   I liked Marchand and Jagr together before he got hurt. I would like to see Bergeron, Marchand and Jagr.  Have Seguin skate with Kelly and Peverley (maybe Daugevins) , that line would be so fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Krejci  2GP  1-3-4

Lucic  2GP  0-3-3

Horton  2GP  2-0-2

Jagr was worse than his linemates last night. I noticed because I watched without wearing blinders. Jagr was outmuscled by Kessel for a loose puck...........twice. Is that Peverley's fault too?

Gotta agree he looks totaly lost out there,did you see him when Paille stole the puck,walked in and got a good shot nice juicy rebound,Jagr stood there and looked at it,here's a thought move your lazy fat but,and go for the net,does he even remember where the net is,at least park your fat but there,maybee the puck will hit you and it will go in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

All he needs to do is move the puck earlier and he'll be fine.  He's just holding it too long.  Nobody's fault but JJ's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

I don't mind giving that line another chance.  I feel like Peverley should have the best chance of producing offense.  But I hope they consider switching Campbell and Kelly.  Or bump Paille up, and move Peverley to center.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jagr is holding the puck the to the let the play develope like he has always done. The problem is Kelly and Peverley stink right now, no fault of Jagr's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Then there's Bergeron line, a couple of weeks ago I would have said no to breaking them up but they've haven't done much lately.   I liked Marchand and Jagr together before he got hurt. I would like to see Bergeron, Marchand and Jagr.  Have Seguin skate with Kelly and Peverley (maybe Daugevins) , that line would be so fast.

Ok in theory, but we've all seen Seguin act like his binky is stolen when taken off that line. He'd be even more invisible.

I think a Paille-Campbell-Jagr line would be just fine. At least that's three guys with an ounce of creativity. Let Peverly-Kelly-Thornton/Daug/Soder be the 4th.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chipnchase. Show chipnchase's posts

If Jagr can get the PP going at some point he will earn his keep

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Ok in theory, but we've all seen Seguin act like his binky is stolen when taken off that line. He'd be even more invisible.

I think a Paille-Campbell-Jagr line would be just fine. At least that's three guys with an ounce of creativity. Let Peverly-Kelly-Thornton/Daug/Soder be the 4th.

That's what I said. Except leave Thorts out. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I'll take ugly goals but they wont happen often.  Out our 6 goals 2 were from defensemen, 3 were bank shots/own goals and one from a scramble by Krejci.  Like the last 2 months, our forwards are not getting it done and something needs to be done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I'll take ugly goals but they wont happen often.  Out our 6 goals 2 were from defensemen, 3 were bank shots/own goals and one from a scramble by Krejci.  Like the last 2 months, our forwards are not getting it done and something needs to be done.

Bergeron hasn't looked right since he came back,Marchand,is playing like the rat but not doing much  else,he is just of,when he is on his game it's like the puck is attached to his stick,but right now he is fighting puck.If those two don't get it going in a big hury,Bruin's are done like dinner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Jagr doesn't need to show emotion or play with the top six guys.  He's a puck hog, so playing him with Krejci or Seguin or any of these other guys who like to have the puck doesn't work so well.  Jagr's also the kind of player who can make bums look good.

What Jagr needs is some rhythm and some guys to get open more.  Soderberg seemed pretty good at this so I might play him.  Campbell also did a good job of it.

Jagr can be a tough guy to play with because he's so unorthodox and holds the puck so long, then manages to get it to you so you always need to be ready.  I think his struggles will sort out when guys get a little more used to each other. He played great when he arrived, he'll get it back together.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Jagr doesn't need to show emotion or play with the top six guys.  He's a puck hog, so playing him with Krejci or Seguin or any of these other guys who like to have the puck doesn't work so well.  Jagr's also the kind of player who can make bums look good.

What Jagr needs is some rhythm and some guys to get open more.  Soderberg seemed pretty good at this so I might play him.  Campbell also did a good job of it.

Jagr can be a tough guy to play with because he's so unorthodox and holds the puck so long, then manages to get it to you so you always need to be ready.  I think his struggles will sort out when guys get a little more used to each other. He played great when he arrived, he'll get it back together.

Soon i hope.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Jagr is holding the puck the to the let the play develope like he has always done. The problem is Kelly and Peverley stink right now, no fault of Jagr's.

BINGO!....

had JJ known he was coming to the B'S to play on the third line, he would've said no thanks....

like asking Jimmy Page to play with a club band....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bottom line is Bruins needed a gritty grinder with scoring touch and they didnt get one. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Bottom line is Bruins needed a gritty grinder with scoring touch and they didnt get one. 

Yes Iginla was the guy,Jagr just a desperation move,he just doesn't fit with Bruins style

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Kelly and Peverley don't seem to be in the most advantageous positions in the opposition's end to receive anything from Jagr so whatever he's trying to orchestrate offensively seems to get stymied.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Jagr is most dangerous when he has the puck down low. Hasnt really had the chance to handle it down their as much so far.

I dont think he was ever a player who relied on emotion. His game is skill and size.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Jagr's also the kind of player who can make bums look good."

Not Bruins bums!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Jagr is tring but has no one to play with. He has the puck but no one is with him to pass to. He is by himself on the 3ed line and his talent is being wasted by CJ who has no idea what to with talent

Jagr should be on the 1st or 2nd line to let his talent be shown, and with the Bruins having scoring and PP trouble he should be better used. This team under CJ is lost when the team has to shy away FROM YHE SYSTEM. No imaganation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Assume everyone's seen that there's been no line changes in the last practice. No surprises and no solutions there from CJ. Fingers crossed for game 3. And toes. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I agree with the fact Jagr needs off the line with Kelly and Pevs...Im all for moving him to the second line in place of Seguin, but I dont think CJ would ever do that. For the simple fact, its Seguin and not sure he can be trusted to a defensive role. But I think it could help get Kelly and Pevs going. If we're gonna see any output from Jagr, he will have to get off that 3rd line. CJ will wait and play that card too late though....We all know he doesnt like to shake things up. I understand it too a point, but look at what Toronto did in game two. All the lines were shaken up.

Sections
Shortcuts