Jagr needs to show more emotion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Jagr needs to show more emotion

I don't care if he shows more emotion I just want him to play better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Jagr's also the kind of player who can make bums look good."

Not Bruins bums!

He made Campbell and Paille look pretty good...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Not Bruins bums!

But not the all important keys to the 3rd line bums, Kelly and Peverley.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Not Bruins bums!

But not the all important keys to the 3rd line bums, Kelly and Peverley.

Lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think Jagr needs to change his game a little to get things going.  All great players know how to adapt and overcome.

Straight lines and net-front pilon.  I think if he does that and tells his linemates to just throw the puck at the net, that line will get things going.  No more Jagr on the perimiter - retrieve and go to the front of the net.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The main problem I see is that everytime Jagr has the puck Peverley seems to come over and crowd him, bringing an extra d-man towards him and leaving him no cross-ice options. I feel like everytime Jagr would go into the corner with the puck Peverley would come in and try to cycle and almost take the puck off Jagr's stick only to have Jagr take it back and come up above the dot. It just seems that Peverley is a cycle player and Jagr is looking to make a play without cycling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It looks like the opposite sequences of events to me.  Jagr gets the puck, three players swarm him, Peverley goes in to support Jagr.

Let the play develop is a nice phrase, but the way the Bruins play, the play doesn't "develop" over 5 or 6 seconds.  The rest of the team either goes to the net or sets up to support the puck on the cycle.  What's he waiting to see develop?  Something from another system.  Move the puck, JJ.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Either way BB, I see Peverley and Jagr play keep away from each other a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Then there's Bergeron line, a couple of weeks ago I would have said no to breaking them up but they've haven't done much lately.   I liked Marchand and Jagr together before he got hurt. I would like to see Bergeron, Marchand and Jagr.  Have Seguin skate with Kelly and Peverley (maybe Daugevins) , that line would be so fast.

Ok in theory, but we've all seen Seguin act like his binky is stolen when taken off that line. He'd be even more invisible.

I think a Paille-Campbell-Jagr line would be just fine. At least that's three guys with an ounce of creativity. Let Peverly-Kelly-Thornton/Daug/Soder be the 4th.

I don't have the answer but before Julien puts him with 2 other grinders I would wait and see if Jagr can come out of this on his own.   He will need the help from Kelly,  Kelly needs to make himself available, move around and not cross the blue line coasting or just parked in front of the net marked by a D because Jagr is holding onto the puck.  Kelly's a professional, he can figure it out.  Seems like Peverley will stick on the 3rd line and I hope he seizes his opportunity.

I just hope Jagr is not getting frustrated .   Also he's not used to no powerplay time , last game 8seconds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Then there's Bergeron line, a couple of weeks ago I would have said no to breaking them up but they've haven't done much lately.   I liked Marchand and Jagr together before he got hurt. I would like to see Bergeron, Marchand and Jagr.  Have Seguin skate with Kelly and Peverley (maybe Daugevins) , that line would be so fast.

Ok in theory, but we've all seen Seguin act like his binky is stolen when taken off that line. He'd be even more invisible.

I think a Paille-Campbell-Jagr line would be just fine. At least that's three guys with an ounce of creativity. Let Peverly-Kelly-Thornton/Daug/Soder be the 4th.

That's what I said. Except leave Thorts out. 

1st and 2nd lines untouched

Daugavins Campbell Jagr

Paille Kelly Thornton

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

It looks like the opposite sequences of events to me.  Jagr gets the puck, three players swarm him, Peverley goes in to support Jagr.

Let the play develop is a nice phrase, but the way the Bruins play, the play doesn't "develop" over 5 or 6 seconds.  The rest of the team either goes to the net or sets up to support the puck on the cycle.  What's he waiting to see develop?  Something from another system.  Move the puck, JJ.

Good points.  This is why I like him w Campbell.  Campbell gets to the net, so if JJ finds himself in a JJ type situation (using his body to screen away 2 defenders), he can at least throw it at the net.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Too bad Peverley and Kelly either aren't in position or can't keep the puck when they get it from JJ. I will say that Jagr could be allot better when he knows Peverley is going to dump the puck in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Bring back the Yeti!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Bring back the Yeti!

Yes i thought he was starting to develop some chemistry with Jagr before Jagr got sick,a least he was getting in front of net,but don't expect Julian to make that kind of change,his next big move will be Pandolfo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If he brings in Pandolfo I'll have a conniption.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

If he brings in Pandolfo I'll have a conniption.

You won't be alone .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I heard Trent Whittifield was recalled from Prov.  Slotted into line 1.  Horton to line 3.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I heard Trent Whittifield was recalled from Prov.  Slotted into line 1.  Horton to line 3.

Don't even go there.Lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Why do people think that Jagr is a first line player? He's one of the slowest guys on the ice and a defensive liability that provides no back check. Kelly and Peverley are good line mates because they make up for his deficiencies.

Putting him on a line with Lucic when Toronto has the last change would lead to a minus line IMO. The only thing I could see is them putting Jagr on a line with Bergeron and Marchand but do you really want to break up that line?

Jagr is right where he should be, line just has to play better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Why do people think that Jagr is a first line player? He's one of the slowest guys on the ice and a defensive liability that provides no back check. Kelly and Peverley are good line mates because they make up for his deficiencies.

Putting him on a line with Lucic when Toronto has the last change would lead to a minus line IMO. The only thing I could see is them putting Jagr on a line with Bergeron and Marchand but do you really want to break up that line?

Jagr is right where he should be, line just has to play better.

He isn't anymore,but herd reason he didn't return to Philly this year is because they didn't like the line mates he was playing with there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonwarrior. Show bostonwarrior's posts

Jagr needs to play with skill players, not Kelly and Peverley. Sit Peverley, they played better without him, he and Kelly have been big disappointments this season. Give Daugavins, and Soderberg a shot, they can't be any worse.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, I know I should institute the 100 rule, but come the F on.  Why do I give a flying Fk what Jagr needs?  Why do I give two shts about what he did 6 years ago when he was last a point/game player and 30 goal scorer with the Rangers, or the 10 seasons where he topped at least 90 points.  Why do I have to keep hearing about poor downtrodden St. Jaromir?  When everyone and their dog was ripping Lucic for turning the puck over all the time and not getting back fast enough, did anyone say "oh, the problem is that Horton isn't good enough and Krejci isn't reading off of him?"  Well, Jagr's last game was as bad as any Lucic turned in this year.  Blame Peverley!

You know who else was fantastic at maintaining possession in the puck in the corner for minutes on end?  Samsonov.  How effective was that, ultimately, in the playoffs?  None, it was none effective.  JJ needs to realize Mario and Ronnie Franchise aren't coming over the boards any time soon and stop waiting for some ridiculous play to develop.  Move the puck, move your feet, use that sublime skill to beat one guy while you're f-ing moving instead of standing still, and the fast, straight-line players you're playing with will be a heck of a lot more useful.  As it is, they go to the net, and Jaromir does nothing, so they go to support him, and he waits for them to go elsewhere, so they do and get there and wait for the puck, but once they're there, they're covered, so they have to re-adjust again.

Enough about what the Bruins have to do to get Jagr going.  How about more conversation about what the F the HoF-er is going to do to get the Bruins going?  That's why he was brought in.  That's what he showed flashes of being able to do working with Marchand and Campbell.  Time to bring it back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Okay, I know I should institute the 100 rule, but come the F on.  Why do I give a flying Fk what Jagr needs?  Why do I give two shts about what he did 6 years ago when he was last a point/game player and 30 goal scorer with the Rangers, or the 10 seasons where he topped at least 90 points.  Why do I have to keep hearing about poor downtrodden St. Jaromir?  When everyone and their dog was ripping Lucic for turning the puck over all the time and not getting back fast enough, did anyone say "oh, the problem is that Horton isn't good enough and Krejci isn't reading off of him?"  Well, Jagr's last game was as bad as any Lucic turned in this year.  Blame Peverley!

You know who else was fantastic at maintaining possession in the puck in the corner for minutes on end?  Samsonov.  How effective was that, ultimately, in the playoffs?  None, it was none effective.  JJ needs to realize Mario and Ronnie Franchise aren't coming over the boards any time soon and stop waiting for some ridiculous play to develop.  Move the puck, move your feet, use that sublime skill to beat one guy while you're f-ing moving instead of standing still, and the fast, straight-line players you're playing with will be a heck of a lot more useful.  As it is, they go to the net, and Jaromir does nothing, so they go to support him, and he waits for them to go elsewhere, so they do and get there and wait for the puck, but once they're there, they're covered, so they have to re-adjust again.

Enough about what the Bruins have to do to get Jagr going.  How about more conversation about what the F the HoF-er is going to do to get the Bruins going?  That's why he was brought in.  That's what he showed flashes of being able to do working with Marchand and Campbell.  Time to bring it back.

Yeah, what he said!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to readsocks's comment:

I think you meant Julien doesn't know where to fit anyone lately.. he is stubborn.. Jagr should be skating with Kreji 

Krejci  3GP  2-5-7  +5

Lucic  3GP  0-6-6  +5

Horton  3GP  3-1-4  +5

Stubborn Julien should break them up so Jagr and Krejci can have "style points" on their goals.