Jagr reminds me of Espo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: Jagr reminds me of Espo

In response to dezaruchi's comment:Orr did play on the 1976 team and in 72 as if the Russians didn't cheat with that bias ref in game 8. Espo was great and we won despite our best player out.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:Fat? Two cups, 76 goals in a season, several scoring titles. MVP of Canada-Russia 1972 the only fat is around your brain.

Go watch some baseball

Fat Phil used to wait in front of the net while Orr did all the work, Jagr does not do that.

The only reason Canada won that summit series was becuase of a two-handed slash by Bobby Clarke. No Bobby Orr no 76 goals if you actually watched the games the two played together. No Bobby Orr no 76" Canada Cup either.

Go watch some curling!

What a hoser!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I guess I will now have to remind people that most of todays Bruins are from Canada!

Also most of the previous B's greats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I guess I will now have to remind people that most of todays Bruins are from Canada!

You could, but then everybody would think you're an arrogant doosh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I guess I will have to remind you that, while most players are from Canada, most leave your country to play in the USA.

Thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

For love of freaking Mike, I can't stand it when my fellow Canucks make assinine points like this. Save that crap for the Olympics and WC. I couldn't care les if the entire Bruins lineup was made up of players from the island of Vanuatu, as long as they were competitive and wining games. Leave the nationalist stupidity out of it unles we're talking about games betwen national teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oh, and to that point, congrats to Team USA on their well deserved world Championship win last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to red75's comment:

For love of freaking Mike, I can't stand it when my fellow Canucks make assinine points like this. Save that crap for the Olympics and WC. I couldn't care les if the entire Bruins lineup was made up of players from the island of Vanuatu, as long as they were competitive and wining games. Leave the nationalist stupidity out of it unles we're talking about games betwen national teams.

Couldn't agree more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yeah, but the great Buins players are from Europe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh, and to that point, congrats to Team USA on their well deserved world Championship win last night.

And they did it without Hans Solo in goal.

Where are Contracrian and null nowdays?

Are they tired of being ignored?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:Fat? Two cups, 76 goals in a season, several scoring titles. MVP of Canada-Russia 1972 the only fat is around your brain.

Go watch some baseball

Fat Phil used to wait in front of the net while Orr did all the work, Jagr does not do that.

The only reason Canada won that summit series was becuase of a two-handed slash by Bobby Clarke. No Bobby Orr no 76 goals if you actually watched the games the two played together. No Bobby Orr no 76" Canada Cup either.

Go watch some curling!

I thought it was because Makailov(spelling?) got caught kicking Gary Bergman.  Makes more sense than the Clark cop-out.  Kharlamov only missed one game for heavens sake.  He was good, a pleasure to watch after the emotion of potential Armegeddon passed, but he was no Bobby Orr.   

Any mention of weakness in Esposito's game went out the window after the Summit Series in 72.  Actually, about the only locale on earth that seemed to ever question his real ability were the back alleys of Boston.  For around 4 years, the hockey community gave Esposito pretty much equal billing to Orr.  Countless hockey magazines drove their sales by doing at least 1 "whose better" issue each year.  The fact that countless hockey people felt this to be debateable speaks volumes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Go watch some baseball

Go watch some curling!

Sorry Sandog, but Orr won the MVP in the 76' Canada Cup. And the slash wasn't the reason they won the Canada Cup, you have far too much intelligence to make a statement like that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks! It's wonderful that Canadians aren't just good at dog sledding, ice fishing, curling, drinking, burping and saying "aboot" really well LoL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yea & to Phil Kessel's sister Amanda with the game winner! Great fast game too! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Go watch some baseball

Go watch some curling!

Sorry Sandog, but Orr won the MVP in the 76' Canada Cup. And the slash wasn't the reason they won the Canada Cup, you have far too much intelligence to make a statement like that.

That's what I was saying "No Bobby Orr no 76" cup either", of course he won the MVP.

Go tighten your skate screws and lossen up your goalie pads, their too tight LoL

G00ber

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Go watch some baseball

Go watch some curling!

I thought it was because Makailov(spelling?) got caught kicking Gary Bergman.  Makes more sense than the Clark cop-out.  Kharlamov only missed one game for heavens sake.  He was good, a pleasure to watch after the emotion of potential Armegeddon passed, but he was no Bobby Orr.   

Any mention of weakness in Esposito's game went out the window after the Summit Series in 72.  Actually, about the only locale on earth that seemed to ever question his real ability were the back alleys of Boston.  For around 4 years, the hockey community gave Esposito pretty much equal billing to Orr.  Countless hockey magazines drove their sales by doing at least 1 "whose better" issue each year.  The fact that countless hockey people felt this to be debateable speaks volumes.

Being a friend of Paul Henderson he told me that he was shocked at how big of a leader Espo was in that series. He also said that if it wasn't for Tony Esposito the series would've been lost. Dryden was awful in that series! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Yawn!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I guess I will have to remind you that, while most players are from Canada, most leave your country to play in the USA.

Thanks.

......to take your money. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Go watch some baseball

Go watch some curling!

That's what I was saying "No Bobby Orr no 76" cup either", of course he won the MVP.

Go tighten your skate screws and lossen up your goalie pads, their too tight LoL

G00ber

Oh sorry I mis-read. Played in a tourney this past weekend. Guess I took one too many to the skull. I don't think there's much left to damage though. Can't believe you called me G00ber! lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Thanks! It's wonderful that Canadians aren't just good at dog sledding, ice fishing, curling, drinking, burping and saying "aboot" really well LoL

Do you not know how Canada got it's name. When Jacques Cartier got here. He wanted to think of name. So he decided on. C "eh" N "eh" D "eh"!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh sorry I mis-read. Played in a tourney this past weekend. Guess I took one too many to the skull. I don't think there's much left to damage though. Can't believe you called me G00ber! lol

What's the excuse for the other 49 years?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Heavy on this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

What's the excuse for the other 49 years?

[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm only 45 Thank You Very Much!

Look NAS you shouldn't make fun of me! When I was in grade 3 I came home one day all excited to tell my dad I had the biggest dink out of all the grade 3's in my class. I asked if that was because of something in our family. He said No, you Idiot it's because you're 18! Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The only similar with Jagr and Espo is their charisma though for different reasons.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nite, you're missing a screw!

Sections
Shortcuts