Jagr - Revisited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Jagr - Revisited

The way he battles and controls the puck at 41 is so impressive.  Can he play any better without getting rewarded on the score sheet? Like Seguin he seems to be snake bitten.  Love this player... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Jagr - Revisited

Goals will come ...soon or later 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He certainly didn't looked 41 and gassed last night. He had the puck on a string all night. Him and Seguin are playing hard and are beyond due for a goal. One that happens, watch out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Yep, much better from him tonight. I saw from him what I have been waiting to see. He looked good and started making the little passes down low when cycling. Thats so important, to keep moving the puck. Thats when the separation from the defense occurs and chances on net become available. I like Seguin's compete level and his work ethic. He is playing well, just not putting the puck in the net. It will come. I thought the B's looked better tonight than the first two games. They dominated and it paid off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Jagr is not the Jagr of even two years ago, but, he does have that skill of puck control that helps Bergie set up plays in the offensive zone, so he is helping. Still not one of my favorites, and New york has not been really playing well at all, so, no real complaint

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

He's much improved the past few games. No doubt.

Would be nice to see him apply some of that puck possession mastery to a line that has trouble maintaining pressure in the offensive zone, though. Marchand and Bergeron are great at cycling, so it's kinda like he's just another piece and not a significant additon to that line.

I know it's a drum we've beaten to death, but it still bothers me that he's not riding with Kelly and Peverly. Seems like it would help both lines to make the switch.

Yes, they're winning. I get it. But "if you're not moving forward"....right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I know his puck control is great, he's strong, and he battles.  But really, the best part about him is his hair.  If it was just a little longer like in the old days his production would probably be double.  As it stands, I would prefer Seguin on that line again.  Bergeron and Marchand are playing great again and they could use Tyler.  At least Julien has that card to play if things get stagnant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

He look real good. He is 240lbs so when he has the puck down low the smaler D can't handle

him.

Seguin looks good and they will both score soon!

But this team is so deep! They don't rely on one line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

The way he battles and controls the puck at 41 is so impressive.  Can he play any better without getting rewarded on the score sheet? Like Seguin he seems to be snake bitten.  Love this player... 

Totally agree Matt.

His work along the boards in the offensive zone is amazing. He and Seguin are struggling to score right now but neither is letting it effect how they play. Both still out there doing what ever they can to help the team. They are going to start burying those chances soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Can I just point out Seguin did his patented and now expected forehand to backhand deke? Great chance but goalies are expecting it now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Can I just point out Seguin did his patented and now expected forehand to backhand deke? Great chance but goalies are expecting it now.

In the heat of a playoff game, do you really think Lundqvist thought, "Crap.  Breakaway.  Who is it?  Seguin. Let's see.  What does he like to do?  Oh yes, forehand then backhand.  Toast."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think he's acutely aware. They watch tape on their opponents do they not?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What about the shot he ripped glove side?

True, I think Henrik hot dogged that save a little, but still, it was a bullet.

I still think if Seguin keeps at it he's going to figure it out in time.  Earlier this year in similar situations he wasn't registering the shots, now he is.

Jagr, I don't know what to think about him.  I keep seeing so many "near misses" and so much control of the puck that doesn't amount to anything.  I don't know if it's bad luck or bad decision making or old age or a combination of all of those.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

If he roof daddy's that puck (or at least top half of the net) its an easy goal.  It must be a hard thing to do to lift that puck when going the speed limit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I think he's acutely aware. They watch tape on their opponents do they not?

I think he is very aware of the tendencies of players around the league.