Jagr vs Iginla

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Jagr vs Iginla

the B'S & Flames had a deal but Iggy chose Pittsburgh instead....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am still laughing at NAS on here at the trade deadline trying to say that Jagr was as good a pick up as Iginla would have been.

I mean, it's just inexplicable if you know each's skill set and the system that is in place here.

Can you imagine if they had Iginla here last season? Water under the bridge now from that, but to have the arrogant NAS on here prancing around proclaiming how wrong people were that Iginla was a vastly superior fit as if those fans didn't know what they were talking about, is a joke.

Jagr might produce and pad stats, but it is beyond clear what a mistake that was by Chiarelli to not sweeten the deal last year.   

[/QUOTE]

I like both players.  I think Jagr was snake bitten last year because he sure created a lot of scoring opportunities last year.  If he pops in a couple goals in the finals we win the cup.  Same goes for a few other players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Sweeten the deal and you've got him"

The NMC/NTC that Iginla had gives him the choice to choose where he wants to go. This is what you just can't comprehend. The player can refuse the trade if he doesn't want to go to a certain team or city. Iginla wanted to play with Crosby because he felt Pittsburgh had a better chance to win the SCF. He chose wrong!

Feaster can't go to Iginla and say "I'm getting better prospects and players from team A so you need to go there". The NMC/NTC gives the player the advantage of saying "I want to go here or I stay put and then I go to free agency at the end of the season and you get nothing, Feaster".

This has been explained over and over, again and again to you. Go read the definition of a "No Movement Clause". Please stop for Pete's sake!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

B's could have offerred Rask, Krejci and Seguin and Iggy would have still blocked the deal to go to Pitts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Sweeten the deal and you've got him"

The NMC/NTC that Iginla had gives him the choice to choose where he wants to go. This is what you just can't comprehend. The player can refuse the trade if he doesn't want to go to a certain team or city. Iginla wanted to play with Crosby because he felt Pittsburgh had a better chance to win the SCF. He chose wrong!

Feaster can't go to Iginla and say "I'm getting better prospects and players from team A so you need to go there". The NMC/NTC gives the player the advantage of saying "I want to go here or I stay put and then I go to free agency at the end of the season and you get nothing, Feaster".

This has been explained over and over, again and again to you. Go read the definition of a "No Movement Clause". Please stop for Pete's sake!

[/QUOTE]

He won't have a reply to this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

B's could have offerred Rask, Krejci and Seguin and Iggy would have still blocked the deal to go to Pitts.

[/QUOTE]

That's it, in a nutshell. The Bruins' offer (Matt Bartkowski, Alexander Khokhlachev and a first-round draft pick) was better than Shero's (Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski  and a first-round draft pick) anyway, so please stop this "sweetening the deal" bs.
    Chiarelli did what he thought was best for the club back then, and nobody could have anticipated Jagr being the non-factor he was with the Bruins (he's New Jersey's top scorer this season).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If Jagr played HALF as well as he is playing now... Cup goes back to Boston last year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Jagr might produce and pad stats, but it is beyond clear what a mistake that was by Chiarelli to not sweeten the deal last year.   

[/QUOTE]

This basically tells me how little you know of what played out last year ?

Chiarelli offered enough for Feaster to accept the deal. The deal was done between the 2 GM's. Iginla, because of his no trade clause rejected the move to Boston.

Chiarelli could've offered the Flames the whole Bruin's roster...........and have Iginla say no.

Dumb.......served with a cranky attitude on top.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Jagr did absolutely nothing. It was a waste to even add him here.

[/QUOTE]

And Iginla and the Pens did absolutely nothing against the Bruins. A waste for the Pens also ? 

One player doesn't win or lose a cup all by himself . It takes a team.

Thinking Iginla would've been the answer instead of Jagr for last year's inability to win the cup is just speculation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Pretty rich that a guy comes on here barking about NAS while continuing - almost a year later - to demonstrate even a basic understanding of how that situation unfolded and who, ultimately, made the decision on where Iginla played out the year.

Other amusing points: Feaster is now fired.  Yes, yes he is.  One of the reason for this?  While Agostino is a point/game player as a senior at Yale, and Hanowski has 25 points in the AHL plus his first NHL goal, and that first rounder became Morgan Klimchuk, who has good WHL numbers - Matt Bartkowski now looks like a guy who will have a solid NHL career, Khokhlachev has more points than Hanowski in fewer games in the A (and is younger), and Dickinson is playing just as well as Klimchuk - and has more size.  The Bruins package looked better at the time, it was better, it continues to be better than what Pittsburgh offered.  It would have helped the Flames more now and in the future.  But because Feaster didn't get written approval from Iginla in advance that he would accept a trade to any of the teams on the list, he could veto a deal that was better for the Flames and go where he chose.  That error is very like his error on the offer sheet to O'Reilly and half a dozen other boneheaded things Feaster did that led to his firing. Burke claims he reviewed Feaster's tenure and its impact on the overall roster, and found him wanting.  No!

Also amusing: No team with Jagr will ever win anything....  He probably didn't hear you say that - he had his Cup rings in his ears.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Rusty Trombone is upset because I pop in to the Pats side, nuke him and then leave.  TCal owns him across many forums many times daily, so The Rusty Trombone started a thread on the Pats side about a conversation...in the music forum.

And everyone smoked him on that.

With Jagr, the B's got to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final.  A few bounces go another way and it's a parade.  Sports is an interesting topic.

This is coming from, of course, a guy who complains that we line the owners pocket while also talking about the games he went to in Boston Garden.  To backpedal out of that, he suggests that all 50 tickets were gifts. 

This coming from a guy who doesn't know Alan Eagleson from Alain Cote.

And don't forget, the Bruins didn't get enough in return when they traded Bobby Orr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Actually, to be accurate - a NMC does NOT give a player a choice of where he wants to go.

It gives him the right to refuse to go somewhere.

So for everyone saying go read the NMC clause - you're dead wrong.

The fact that Iginla was even given the opportunity to choose falls directly on the incompetent shoulders of Chiarelli and Feaster who both looked like a couple of fools - and had nothing to do with a NMC.

Jagr played great when he was here- he got to the finals - and Jarome was at home. Jagr could have won a cup in Boston...came real close. You want to assign blame ? Try someone quite a bit younger, who couldn't even handle 3rd line duties.

I wouldn't be asking what if Iginla was here instead of Jagr ? How bout - what if we had Soderberg or Smith last year instead of Pusssbag Seguin ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

The fact that Iginla was even given the opportunity to choose falls directly on the incompetent shoulders of Chiarelli and Feaster who both looked like a couple of fools - and had nothing to do with a NMC.

[/QUOTE]

...............and nearly a year later you still hold the same thoughts. UGGH ! 

For some reason ( conversing with you about Julien in the past ), it doesn't surprise me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For some reason ( conversing with you about Julien in the past ), it doesn't surprise me.

[/QUOTE]

You like Julien  - GREAT !!!  Good for you.  I don't - never will.

Apparently that makes you feel infallible, I'm happy for you. You are a great poster, and such a knowledgeable hockey expert...congrats !

Maybe you could use that superior intellect to explain how a NMC states that a player must be given a choice of where he wants to be traded to ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'm guessing the trade clause is written up as per the agreement and there could be many variations as all things are merely a negotiation.

However you want to cut it, "given a choice" or "the right to refuse"....are pretty much the same thing.

Calgary was in the process of getting rid of Iginla.  Keeping him would result in zero return for the Flames.  Iginla held the hammer.  Feaster had virtually no leverage(but messed up on the detail).

"Refusing" to go anywhere but Pittsburgh equates to "choice".  One of the more black and white deals out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]

Actually, to be accurate - a NMC does NOT give a player a choice of where he wants to go.

It gives him the right to refuse to go somewhere.

So for everyone saying go read the NMC clause - you're dead wrong.

Jagr played great when he was here- he got to the finals - and Jarome was at home. Jagr could have won a cup in Boston...came real close. You want to assign blame ? Try someone quite a bit younger, who couldn't even handle 3rd line duties.

I wouldn't be asking what if Iginla was here instead of Jagr ? How bout - what if we had Soderberg or Smith last year instead of Pusssbag Seguin ?

[/QUOTE]

Just how was it "Chiarelli's incompetence" if Feaster allowed Iginla to veto any trade? Should he have called Iggy (like Cindy Crybaby obviously did) and try to convince him to come to Boston instead of Pittsburgh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

A lot of stupid comments on here.  In fact, the whole thread topic is stupid.

Chiarelli offered Calgary the best offer.

Iginla said he wants to go to Pittsburgh (possibly ONLY Pittsburgh or stay in Calgary).

Feaster makes lesser deal with Pittsburgh either out of respect for his long-serving captain or because he had no choice.  End of story.

It seems like Iginla is better than Jagr these days, but Jagr was pretty good for Boston too.  And don't forget that Iginla would have cost more...Bartowski wouldn't be out there eating top-4 minutes right now if the trade had gone through, and he wouldn't have been there to fill in in the playoffs when the D was ravaged by injury.  Without him, it's not a huge stretch to say that the Bruins may have got tripped up by New York.  I'm glad how it all played out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently that makes you feel infallible, I'm happy for you. You are a great poster, and such a knowledgeable hockey expert...congrats !

Maybe you could use that superior intellect to explain how a NMC states that a player must be given a choice of where he wants to be traded to ?

[/QUOTE]

well i do have a superior intellect so i will explain it to you. At some points, I may use all caps, bold, itallics, and underlining to emphasize points. no, that stuff is dumb. moving on. 

Let's say I'm a player with a full NMC. I'm a really good player in the last year of my contract for a really poor team. They're going to trade me. They ask me for a list of teams that I'll go to. I give them a list of one team, effectively refusing to go to 29 teams. Boom, i've picked my destination. idiot. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zinga_zinga. Show Zinga_zinga's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well i do have a superior intellect so i will explain it to you. At some points, I may use all caps, bold, itallics, and underlining to emphasize points. no, that stuff is dumb. moving on. 

Let's say I'm a player with a full NMC. I'm a really good player in the last year of my contract for a really poor team. They're going to trade me. They ask me for a list of teams that I'll go to. I give them a list of one team, effectively refusing to go to 29 teams. Boom, i've picked my destination. idiot. 

[/QUOTE]

MEOW!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zinga_zinga. Show Zinga_zinga's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Jagr played HALF as well as he is playing now... Cup goes back to Boston last year

[/QUOTE]

He didn't play poorly and he played well last regular season. Could make argument that due to his old age he slowed down when the playoffs came around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Guessing Jagr finally cut his stick down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And just how does that mean they are obligated to trade you to that team ?

Here's a scenario ... hey Jarome you have two choices - you can go to Boston or stay in Calgary - your call

If he chooses to stay in Calgary then that is putting his NMC into effect. That in no way means that the team he is under contract with has any obligation to present him with a choice of where he would rather go. They furthermore have no obligation to enter into a trade with any team regardless of what the player may want. He has the right to reject a trade, but has no right to select a destination.

If you can't wrap your painfully small melon around that - then it's pointless debating anything with you.

"picking a destination" has zero to do with a NMC ...Boom

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rusty please ..... this topic is old and boring , is that what you are ?

Look at hat PC offered.  Just Bartkowski was and will be better than what the Pens gave Calgary.  Flames GM got backed up into a corner after he agreed on trade to the Bruins. They got screwed by the Pens.

where's Feaster now ?

Sections
Shortcuts