Jagr vs. Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jagr vs. Iginla

The team sure did a lot better with Jagr.

Jagr's Bruins:  Game 6 of the Finals

Iginla's Bruins:  Second round exit

We heard for over a year about how bad the Jagr acquisition was and how Shero (now fired for sucking so bad at his job) outdid Chairelli (still gainfully employed).  If Jagr was a bad idea and the bad idea got the team within two victories of the championship, wouldn't the better idea have gotten them closer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Jagr vs. Iginla

These are two very different players of course. Jagr is a puck protection guy and owns the puck when he is out there. Iginla is a rough and tumble trigger man. I think this is really a wash.

To me it was the different D dynamics. Missing Seidenberg, Ference, and McQuaid, and all there vet leadership and experience, was more of an issue.

At the end of the day, the 2013 team was much different then the 2014 all-round and that difference obviously was a factor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We heard for over a year about how bad the Jagr acquisition was and how Shero (now fired for sucking so bad at his job) outdid Chairelli (still gainfully employed).  If Jagr was a bad idea and the bad idea got the team within two victories of the championship, wouldn't the better idea have gotten them closer?

[/QUOTE]

So the Bruins lost because of Iginla,really Jagr had O goals,must have been his great defensive play that got Bruins to finals,Bruins also made it to finals with Seguin,so does that mean they shouldn't have traded him.or maybee it was missing Peverly.There is a lot of reasons that Bruins went out against Montreal,but preatty sure Jagr wouldn't have made a difference.Wow stick to talking about Kevin Stevens.Man think you should be banned for this post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Iginla scored 3 goals against Montreal. Jagr didn't score at all in the playoffs for Boston.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Apples and oranges, Jagr was a trade deadline acquisition and a pretty high caliber one despite his lack of production.  An addition to the existing core.  Iginla was part of the regular lineup for the team.

This year's trade deadline acquisition?

Mez.

Had there been someone available this year that was reasonably high caliber I think the playoff results would have been quite different.

And you are comparing team results to individuals, but Iginla certainly outscored Jagr in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I didn't think the Jagr acquisition was a bad one, and I didn't think he played badly at all, stick length notwithstanding.

I think Iginla was much better though.  I actually thought Iginla played better than many of the other veterans in Games 5 and 6.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

Both good players for the slow paced regular season.  The speed picks up in playoffs and their age will be exposed. Use that extra Cap room on a 27 to 30 year older or we'll end up right back out of the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I liked the Jagr pickup.  I also liked Ference Seids on the backend along with Kelly helping out on the PK during our run to the cup. 

I loved the Iggy pickup.  I still want him resigned but im not sure how much money we have to go around.  I gotta think Loui goes onto that top line.  And we add cheaper role players for the 3-4th lines. Bruins need speed and some young legs into the team.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked the Jagr pickup.  I also liked Ference Seids on the backend along with Kelly helping out on the PK during our run to the cup. 

I loved the Iggy pickup.  I still want him resigned but im not sure how much money we have to go around.  I gotta think Loui goes onto that top line.  And we add cheaper role players for the 3-4th lines. Bruins need speed and some young legs into the team.  

[/QUOTE]

If Iginla's 4.2 mill in bonuses goes to the payroll to 2014-15 as overage and Krug/Smith sign for $3mill-ish  each there will not be much left cap wise for re-signing Iginla at the same price. He would need to take a discount....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Iginla's 4.2 mill in bonuses goes to the payroll to 2014-15 as overage and Krug/Smith sign for $3mill-ish  each there will not be much left cap wise for re-signing Iginla at the same price. He would need to take a discount....

[/QUOTE]

It goes to this yrs cap upcoming.  I believe you see some bodies going out the door bc of this.  Marchand might bring us a decent return.  McQ also could be shown the door with Miller on the bottom pairing.  ST has been more or less told hes done.  Bart is gone.  

Gonna be an interesting summer. 

G- Rask. Need a backup.  Id go cheap and use Subban 

Def- Chara, dougie, seidz, boychuk, krug, miller.  I might not add until deadline.  Id bring in a depth guy walk on to battle for a spot. 

Line 1.  DK-Lucic-Loui

Line 2.  bergie-Smith-?

Line 3.  soder-?-?

Line 4.  Paille-Campy?

lots of work with limited space.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'll take Iggy over Jagr 24/7....  wouldn't surprise me to see the B'S lock him up for two more....

i think NAS is just toying with us....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i'll take Iggy over Jagr 24/7....  wouldn't surprise me to see the B'S lock him up for two more....

i think NAS is just toying with us....

[/QUOTE]

I agree...he is making false equivalencies to display how foolish it is. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Iginla fits well with DK and Looch. The Bs need to get a winger in the Pacioretty or Gaborik mold. Open the exit door for Ericksson (who i like but there are better fits who won't be knocked of the puck by someone breathing on them) and/or Marchand who has been solved by other teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Compare Ig to Horton. . That's the guy he was brought in to replace although jagr was in the lineup in the past playoffs

Wasn't he?     ... oh !  That was loui... my mistake

[/QUOTE]

This thread is about Jagr and Iginla.

There is no reason to mention to Loui Eriksson.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Compare Ig to Horton. . That's the guy he was brought in to replace although jagr was in the lineup in the past playoffs

Wasn't he?     ... oh !  That was loui... my mistake

[/QUOTE]

This thread is about Jagr and Iginla.

There is no reason to mention to Loui Eriksson.

[/QUOTE]

do i get a ticket for that?

[/QUOTE]

marco, I'm gonna tell you one more time to knock it off.  

If you keep bringing Seguin/Eriksson into every thread and mocking a policeman for his job, you're not gonna last here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Relax, goofballs.

There is no relationship between the two.  Different teams, different players, different opponents.  To suggest one is better than the other is just plain dumb.  This was an open shot at Rusty Trombone.  He won't reply, however.  I think he's on a post count from BDC and won't want to use one of his precious 10 daily posts to blow me up.  Or he's on new meds.  Either way, I wanted to f with him because I don't like him and I was bored.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jagrs a better playmaker than Iginla.  Iggy is a shooter. (With not much shot left, i would argue) 

The whole team played better last year.  Its just that simple.  We didnt see the team that rolled the Penguins this year. 

Sections
Shortcuts