JAGR Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

JAGR Watch

The Penguins have withdrawn there offer.  People are claiming new teams are in the mix.  I have been wondering all along if the B's weren't in on this in the background.  This is total speculation, but I think we might be.  The money being talked about is in the 2 million range, almost an exact replacement for Recchi's money. It will be a short term deal, which meshes with our emerging youth.  I think he would fit perfectly and he might be one of the very best values, I could imagine him scoring 50+ points for 2 Million.  Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: JAGR Watch

no thank you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Jagr is perhaps the 4th or fifth best player (behind Orr, Gretzky, and Lemieux and perhaps Lafleur) to ever play the game. If we can overspend for Kaberle then I see no reason not to take a flyer on this guy. Huge, skates like the wind, ultratalented. You can't teach a playet to score 600 or so goals. I say go for it. We won the cup, let's take a risk!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Do you think he is not good enough defensively.  Is he just to old to score 50 points?  Is he an upgrade over Ryder/Recchi?  I don't remeber whether he was a good or bad character guy in the locker room so any insight would be fun here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: JAGR Watch:
    Jagr is perhaps the 4th or fifth best player (behind Orr, Gretzky, and Lemieux and perhaps Lafleur) to ever play the game. If we can overspend for Kaberle then I see no reason not to take a flyer on this guy. Huge, skates like the wind, ultratalented. You can't teach a playet to score 600 or so goals. I say go for it. We won the cup, let's take a risk!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

How many points do you think he could get playing for the B's.  is 50 a crazy number, if it is not, I would think a 2 million dollar contract is one of the better values in this year of FA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to JAGR Watch:
    The Penguins have withdrawn there offer.  People are claiming new teams are in the mix.  I have been wondering all along if the B's weren't in on this in the background.  This is total speculation, but I think we might be.  The money being talked about is in the 2 million range, almost an exact replacement for Recchi's money. It will be a short term deal, which meshes with our emerging youth.  I think he would fit perfectly and he might be one of the very best values, I could imagine him scoring 50+ points for 2 Million.  Any thoughts?
    Posted by RickyHussle

If Jagr didn't jump at $2m to play with a cup contender where he played most of his career I don't think he's coming to Boston for the same dollars, and I don't see PC dishing out much more than that. The only way PC should even let it cross his mind is if it's a one-year deal and I'm starting to suspect Jagr is holding out for the best offer of 2 years. That may not be the case but if it is Boston is out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I agree, I wouldn't want to be in bidding war.  Low money on a max of two years or forget it.  For some reason though 3*2 doesn't seem too dangerous depending on the scouting reports from the KHL.  I would not go beyond 2 years, and the money is obviously dependent on term.  I would not be dissapointed if he took Ryders Cap hit on a one year deal assuming they believ he is still a top 6 50-60 point type.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: JAGR Watch : Jagr for Ryder is interesting.  Even if Jagr is a defensive liabilty, so is Ryder.  This is the only way I would consider bringing him in.  One year.  $4 million tops.  I'm with you on this.
    Posted by mattc355

I can no longer call Ryder a defensive liability after he made the save of the year against the scabs. Absolutley beautiful! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Kirk Luedeke
    3 minutes ago

Fluto Shinzawa

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

done to Philly per their twitter account

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

flyers?!? ESPN reporting

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think that is a good low risk signing for Philly.  I would have been quite happy if the B's had given him that exact deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'd rather see the B'S play against a Flyer team with players like Jagr & Voracek than one with the likes of Richards & Carter....

here's hoping we play them again next spring....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Thank God the Habs didn't sign him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Flyers if they get Jagr are the cup favorites next year. Briere, Girouix, Van Rymsdyke, Schen, Pronger and now Jagr? The only nice thing is their goaltending is still second rate compared to ours ; - )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Thank God the Habs didn't sign him.
    Posted by Kennedy97

guess you guys too are licking your chops at the thought of playing against the "new-look" Flyers next year.... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Flyers if they get Jagr are the cup favorites next year. Briere, Girouix, Van Rymsdyke, Schen, Pronger and now Jagr? The only nice thing is their goaltending is still second rate compared to ours ; - )
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

surely you jest?....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Posted by OrrEspoCash

Jagr makes them Cup favourites? Is it 1996 again? Quick, someone get me my copy of OMC's "How Bizarre" so I can crank it in my Geo as I drive  to the "Elect Bob Dole" rally!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Jagr is as moody as they come; according to his agent this morning, "his heart was in Pittsburgh", and suddenly it moved about 300 miles east? I for one am happy the B's didn't mess up their team chemistry by signing this primadonna.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Flyers add Andreas Lilja....  can this team get any softer?....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Flyers add Andreas Lilja....  can this team get any softer?....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Yep, they just signed Jagr.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by OrrEspoCash

No, the Boston Bruins are the obvious Cup favourites next season. Have you been asleep for the past month?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: JAGR Watch : Jagr makes them Cup favourites? Is it 1996 again? Quick, someone get me my copy of OMC's "How Bizarre" so I can crank it in my Geo as I drive  to the "Elect Bob Dole" rally!
    Posted by Kennedy97

LOL. Seriously, I think you are the only Canadiens fan that has a real sense of humour.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Dez, The B's are not shoo-ins next year. Let's not underplay the importance of Timmay in this cup run. He literally stood on his head. The B's can only be considered favorites next year if Timmay can duplicate that performance, Crosby remains out, and teams like the Flyers, Tampa Bay, Montreal  and Vancouver don't appreciably upgrade. All that cannot be expected to happen. A team that has won the cup doesn't get an automatic bye as cup favorite the next year. Ask Chicago, Tampa, or Carolina about that one.

Given that we cannot ask Timmay to have another superhuman cup run next year, the honus is on the team to upgrade to match the competition. Because without Timmay this year, there would not have been a cup here. Plain and simple. Thank God for Timmay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

In Response to Re: JAGR Watch : Jagr makes them Cup favourites? Is it 1996 again? Quick, someone get me my copy of OMC's "How Bizarre" so I can crank it in my Geo as I drive  to the "Elect Bob Dole" rally!
    Posted by Kennedy97

LOL, post of the thread....
    yeah jagr puts these guys over the top as much as U.S. needs more debt!

Sections
Shortcuts