Jagr - Yes another discussion on him.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Jagr - Yes another discussion on him.

I cant take him on the ice anymore. Cant catch a pass, too slow, F's up more plays than actually makes them. He's a liability and doesnt look any better on the powerplay than Kaberle did for the B's. Im just so frustrated with his play right now. I thought he might bring a little more to the table, playing with Marchand and Bergeron, but its just not there. The sad thing is, CJ would never leave him off the ice. I know hes old and has lost a step, but I expected smarter play out of him. He tries to force everything.. Im really hoping he proves me wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Jagr - Yes another discussion on him.

This probably could have gone in the thread marked "Jagr".

Also, I disagree with everything you've written.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Way over the top with your comments. I would agree that he is a tad slow... very noticeable after the first 25 seconds of a shift.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You disagree with everyone. And what about jagr is making your head turn and say wow. Im not far off with my comments when the announcers are saying the same thing about Jagr trying to force plays. He just needs to keep it simple and fix that hole in his stick. Maybe he wont fan on the puck once he does.

Im not saying he does everything wrong, Im saying he just isnt doing anything. But like I said. I sure hope he proves me wrong sometime in this playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Im agreeing with everything you have written.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Nope...You leave the experience and talent of Jagr. Period. Seems the coaching staff feels the same. So who knows more ?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to bgrif008's comment:

You disagree with everyone. And what about jagr is making your head turn and say wow. Im not far off with my comments when the announcers are saying the same thing about Jagr trying to force plays. He just needs to keep it simple and fix that hole in his stick. Maybe he wont fan on the puck once he does.

Im not saying he does everything wrong, Im saying he just isnt doing anything. But like I said. I sure hope he proves me wrong sometime in this playoffs.

That's because they are amazing dorks in their 40s and Jacobs fanboys. It makes it so hard to post here.

They're like Bobby Brady on cocaine as the hall monitor on this board.

So True. I get tired of the regulars kissing each other arses, so not to be beat up if they post something someone might not agree with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

BGriff you are entitled to your opinion but Jagr has made the PP a threat and the other team barely touches the puck with the extra man. His shot off the post in the 3rd during the powerplay just as easily could have gone in.

If Jagr were a liability in the DZone then I would agree but he is not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree with a lot of people.  I disagree with these statements.  I think the guy who is EIGHTH IN ALL TIME POINTS has a slightly better idea of what to do on the ice than you do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In the playoffs it usually takes a different star to shine each night.  Round one it took ot in gm 7 for bergie to be the man.  Marchand tonight.  Dk earlier on.  Lucic.  Horton.  Jagr drilled the post.  Had that gone in we are celebrating him.  If you dont understand what jagr does no one can tell you otherwise.  Jagr creates so much room out there and holds the puck so well he looks like hes toying with them.  His hands are still magic.  Hes never been a burner but he isnt slow.  He is often the first guy in and hes playing with marchand.  His hockey IQ is off the charts.   He will be heard from on the score sheet. Just a matter of time.  The teams winning.  Hes a big part of this.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

BGriff you are entitled to your opinion but Jagr has made the PP a threat and the other team barely touches the puck with the extra man. His shot off the post in the 3rd during the powerplay just as easily could have gone in.

If Jagr were a liability in the DZone then I would agree but he is not.

in the OT it was the first time this season and playoffs the Bruins stayed in their end the whole 2 mins and Jagr was on it for 80% of the time.  He kept in the and stopped 3-4 clearing chances.

Bergeron's line looks great ! It just was not working with Kelly.

and can this man take crosschecks !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

You disagree with everyone. And what about jagr is making your head turn and say wow. Im not far off with my comments when the announcers are saying the same thing about Jagr trying to force plays. He just needs to keep it simple and fix that hole in his stick. Maybe he wont fan on the puck once he does.   Im not saying he does everything wrong, Im saying he just isnt doing anything. But like I said. I sure hope he proves me wrong sometime in this playoffs.

I agree with a lot of people.  I disagree with these statements.  I think the guy who is EIGHTH IN ALL TIME POINTS has a slightly better idea of what to do on the ice than you do.

Ya, but just slightly.

He just needs to keep it more simple and get rid of the puck earlier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You disagree with everyone. And what about jagr is making your head turn and say wow. Im not far off with my comments when the announcers are saying the same thing about Jagr trying to force plays. He just needs to keep it simple and fix that hole in his stick. Maybe he wont fan on the puck once he does.   Im not saying he does everything wrong, Im saying he just isnt doing anything. But like I said. I sure hope he proves me wrong sometime in this playoffs.

Ya, but just slightly.

Thats not his gm at all though.  He draws and still commands double coverage.  There is a reason bergie and marchand are rolling again.  Dont you see both looking to get him the puck.  His strength, size and ability to control the puck down low is murder on dmen.  It tires them out.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No one over on the Pats board likes you.  No one here likes you.  Maybe the problem isn't  everyone else?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Plain and simple.  The guy blows and does jack squat all game long sucking wind.   It is what it is. Who knows, maybe he improves?

Much better odds of him improving than you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Ya, but just slightly.

Thats not his gm at all though.  He draws and still commands double coverage.  There is a reason bergie and marchand are rolling again.  Dont you see both looking to get him the puck.  His strength, size and ability to control the puck down low is murder on dmen.  It tires them out.  

I agree with what you say about his strength and working down low, but its so common place that the D know exactly what he is gonna do. He needs to keep his feet moving. He seems to get in the corner and just stop and get flat footed. Then the D drape themselves all over him and then he loses the puck. Maybe he needs more help down low for more options. Tough to make a play when you have your back to everyone and everthing that is going on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree with what you say about his strength and working down low, but its so common place that the D know exactly what he is gonna do. He needs to keep his feet moving. He seems to get in the corner and just stop and get flat footed. Then the D drape themselves all over him and then he loses the puck. Maybe he needs more help down low for more options. Tough to make a play when you have your back to everyone and everthing that is going on.

It's also difficult for the opposition to score when they can't get the puck out of the corner from Jagr.  They usually need two guys to get it from him, leaving someone open.  He's only played with his linemates a few times, so it may take a little while longer for the timing to be right, but it's not from a lack of skill on Jagr's part.

Seguin/Marchand/Bergeron were terrible.

Enter Jagr.

Results.

You could say it's coincidence.  I would disagree.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

It's also difficult for the opposition to score when they can't get the puck out of the corner from Jagr.  They usually need two guys to get it from him, leaving someone open.  He's only played with his linemates a few times, so it may take a little while longer for the timing to be right, but it's not from a lack of skill on Jagr's part.

Seguin/Marchand/Bergeron were terrible.

Enter Jagr.

Results.

You could say it's coincidence.  I would disagree.

I was all for the change. Moving Jagr up with Marchand and Bergy. And I didnt think Marchand, Bergy and Seguin were bad, they just werent scoring, when we all expect it. Im still glad they made the change and I want them to keep Jagr with that line. I guess I was expecting smarter plays from Jagr would come about when playing with more skilled players such as M & B, instead of always looking as if he tries to do everything on his own.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

No one over on the Pats board likes you.  No one here likes you.  Maybe the problem isn't  everyone else?

1. Plenty like me just fine.

2. I don't care who does or who doesn't.

Get it, Bobby? This isn't a popularity contest or some kind of a Hall Monitor vote.  Maybe the problem is, you're a dork who needs to live his basement instead of thinking his board credentials mean something?

Yet you accuse others of lasing out.

Sections
Shortcuts