Jagr - Yes another discussion on him.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Jagr - Yes another discussion on him.

I think he's done alot of the little things good. The game 7, he kept the puck in the offensive zone by using his size, experience and skill. Didnt show up on the scoresheet, but were big factors in the result. The guy is so strong on the puck down low. I think this is the stuff the coaching staff sees.

I think he gets a couple big goals in this series.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I like you BassFishing2. But I disagree with you about Jagr.  I feel is so close to breaking out but at the same time he is not hurting the team.  He has the puck on his stick alot in the offensive zone which means he is keeping it away formtheother team.  He's creating a lot more than Peverly, Kelly and even Seguin.  Also, I don't think its a accident that Marchand and Bergeron have been playing better since he joined the line.

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

No one over on the Pats board likes you.  No one here likes you.  Maybe the problem isn't  everyone else?

1. Plenty like me just fine.

2. I don't care who does or who doesn't.

Get it, Bobby? This isn't a popularity contest or some kind of a Hall Monitor vote.  Maybe the problem is, you're a dork who needs to live his basement instead of thinking his board credentials mean something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like you BassFishing2. But I disagree with you about Jagr.  I feel is so close to breaking out but at the same time he is not hurting the team.  He has the puck on his stick alot in the offensive zone which means he is keeping it away formtheother team.  He's creating a lot more than Peverly, Kelly and even Seguin.  Also, I don't think its a accident that Marchand and Bergeron have been playing better since he joined the line.

I agree, Marchand and Bergy are starting to produce and mayby Jagr has a little to do with that. That was the spark and line change they needed to get going. But I also didnt see Marchand and Bergy getting shut out. Im just so frustrated with Jagr, because he is getting a chance to play with more skilled players and it just seems he keeps doing the same old thing. Planting himself along the boards with his back to the play. As for keeping the puck from the other team, thats all fine and dandy, but you werent traded for to keep the puck from the other team. You were traded for to provide offense. Here's your chance, start utiliziing and working with your linemates. Get your feet moving along the boards and set someone up. As cool as it is to hit the post, it doesnt win games unless it goes in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree, Marchand and Bergy are starting to produce and mayby Jagr has a little to do with that. That was the spark and line change they needed to get going. But I also didnt see Marchand and Bergy getting shut out. Im just so frustrated with Jagr, because he is getting a chance to play with more skilled players and it just seems he keeps doing the same old thing. Planting himself along the boards with his back to the play. As for keeping the puck from the other team, thats all fine and dandy, but you werent traded for to keep the puck from the other team. You were traded for to provide offense. Here's your chance, start utiliziing and working with your linemates. Get your feet moving along the boards and set someone up. As cool as it is to hit the post, it doesnt win games unless it goes in.

We won.  We won our first round series.  Hes getting chances and his two line mates are rolling.  marchand and bergies line was not terrible.  But not great.  His moving on that line helps them.  His presence on the pp is very obvious.  We never create that much.  It gave the team momentum.   A short time later the line jagr is on scores its second ot winning goal.  

Its fine not to like a player.  Im not a huge fan of horton or dk.  Im glad they are here though.  i love watching jagr handle the puck.  Its just a matter of time.  Hes getting chances.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

He was also brought in to improve the pp.  I think its looking much better don't you? Yes he makes some mistakes but thats also because he doesn't play conservtive which I am ok with as long as he doesn't screw up in the defensive zone.

[QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Plain and simple.  The guy blows and does jack squat all game long sucking wind.   It is what it is. Who knows, maybe he improves?

Much better odds of him improving than you.

If I was that awful at my craft, I would be mortified and retire.   He sucks. Period. I had no idea why you dorky fanboys all drooled over acquiring him.  It was at best a crappy consolation prize for Iginila.

At best.

He's not a system fit and he's so one dimensional at this point, it's a waste of a roster spot.

How many turnovers did he personally have tonight? 10?

The coaching staff and the Bruins embrace his experience and his ability. He has the talent to be a threat anytime he is on the ice.

You don't think so. Fine. You made that statement, But yet when a poster disagrees with you, your posts turn vindictive. No wonder posters here slam you. You bring it on yourself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

It's just debate no biggie.  Usually long debates are the reason people get to stay out and drink more :)

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Plain and simple.  The guy blows and does jack squat all game long sucking wind.   It is what it is. Who knows, maybe he improves?

Much better odds of him improving than you.

If I was that awful at my craft, I would be mortified and retire.   He sucks. Period. I had no idea why you dorky fanboys all drooled over acquiring him.  It was at best a crappy consolation prize for Iginila.

At best.

He's not a system fit and he's so one dimensional at this point, it's a waste of a roster spot.

How many turnovers did he personally have tonight? 10?

The coaching staff and the Bruins embrace his experience and his ability. He has the talent to be a threat anytime he is on the ice.

You don't think so. Fine. You made that statement, But yet when a poster disagrees with you, your posts turn vindictive. No wonder posters here slam you. You bring it on yourself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I like that the B's got Jagr because it means they didn't have to give up Bartkowski to get him.You gotta love the "Bartman", fluid pmd that the Bruins have missed this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

This probably could have gone in the thread marked "Jagr".

Also, I disagree with everything you've written.

Im agreeing with everything you have written.  

I agree as well.

I thought Jagr played well.  I thought Marchand played his second very good game in a row.  I think Seguin has a chance to shine on his line, I even thought Peverley played well.  I think the speed there could be a threat in this series.  At about the time that Anouncers were suggesting Seguin replacing Jagr, I was in agreement.  Atleast every other shift if not a complete swap.

I stick to my guns that this guy needs a reduced role, but I liked his spot in the lineup.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I wouldn't say it's Jagr that is making Bergeron and Marchand play better. To me, it's been all Marchand playing better. 

I like Jagr, I just see him for what he is - a supremely skilled puck handler and huge body that demands a double team when he has the puck. I just think he's a defensive liability and he's lost more than a step (expected).

Still think he's a plus for the team, i'm just not in love with him on that line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

He should of had Stepan on his goal last night & Phaneuf last week blew by him in center ice when he scored the goal that bounced off him. Defensively he is a liability but on the PP he gets the puck out of places you dont think hes going to get it. He is a unique player as Julien put it last game. I think Nash is alittle like him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Im agreeing with everything you have written.  

I agree as well.

I thought Jagr played well.  I thought Marchand played his second very good game in a row.  I think Seguin has a chance to shine on his line, I even thought Peverley played well.  I think the speed there could be a threat in this series.  At about the time that Anouncers were suggesting Seguin replacing Jagr, I was in agreement.  Atleast every other shift if not a complete swap.

I stick to my guns that this guy needs a reduced role, but I liked his spot in the lineup.

I was saying the exact same thing in the third period it was obvios he was tired. Keep him on that line until he starts to tire usually twards the end of the game at that point give Seguin some of his shifts to give him a break. Or you could do it through out the game to keep him fresh Seguin is young and the extra time could help him. I do think Jagr adds some unpredictability to there offence. I am glad he is on the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pansy Mullet boy just stands on the sideboard, cherrypicking and being lazy which is what he's done his whole career. Ugh.  So overrated.

I could never stand his game, still don't, and he is sucking for our team right now.

5 time Hart Trophy Winner

10th all time in goals.

12th all time in assists.

8th all time in points.

I'm not sure if you've been hit in the head a few times too many, or if you were just born a bit slow, but let's face the facts.  Bashing a guy with those career stats for playing poorly his whole career literally has to be one of the stupidest things ever written here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Over the top again, enough of the over 40 carp.  As if that has any connection to the thread other than Jagr is over 40.  I will go with the coaching staff decisions first and foremost, you are entitled to your opinion, NAS is correct with his opinion, imo.  

You disagree with everyone. And what about jagr is making your head turn and say wow. Im not far off with my comments when the announcers are saying the same thing about Jagr trying to force plays. He just needs to keep it simple and fix that hole in his stick. Maybe he wont fan on the puck once he does.

Im not saying he does everything wrong, Im saying he just isnt doing anything. But like I said. I sure hope he proves me wrong sometime in this playoffs.

That's because they are amazing dorks in their 40s and Jacobs fanboys. It makes it so hard to post here.

They're like Bobby Brady on cocaine as the hall monitor on this board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Pansy Mullet boy just stands on the sideboard, cherrypicking and being lazy which is what he's done his whole career. Ugh.  So overrated.

I could never stand his game, still don't, and he is sucking for our team right now.

5 time Hart Trophy Winner

10th all time in goals.

12th all time in assists.

8th all time in points.

I'm not sure if you've been hit in the head a few times too many, or if you were just born a bit slow, but let's face the facts.  Bashing a guy with those career stats for playing poorly his whole career literally has to be one of the stupidest things ever written here.

The bashing comes from the high expectations we have for an 8th all time in points player. I feel he has what it takes, he just needs to alter his game a little bit. Look, we all want more from him and I feel it can happen, especially with M & B. He just needs to use them a little more and move the puck quicker.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Last night he got knocked over twice with the puck. Just bumped off, like it was nothing. That is unusual for him to be bounced like that. He didn't create a single good scoring chance, but had 3 or 4 decent chances to do just that. It was frustrating to watch him last night.

My over all opinion of his play last night was that he was trying to do moves that his body could not deliver anymore. Most nights he will get 2 or 3 chances, so we have to be patient. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

I agree that Jagr is holding on to pucks, longer than he should, when a passing play or dump in would be the better option.

However, that was more noticeable when he played with Pev and Kelly; Jagr seemed to want to carry that line.

With Bergeron and Marchand, Jagr seems to have more "respect" for his linemates and shares the puck more often.

That's too bad for Seguin, which I think will stay on the third line and get less ice time, etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I cant take him on the ice anymore. Cant catch a pass, too slow, F's up more plays than actually makes them. He's a liability and doesnt look any better on the powerplay than Kaberle did for the B's. Im just so frustrated with his play right now. I thought he might bring a little more to the table, playing with Marchand and Bergeron, but its just not there. The sad thing is, CJ would never leave him off the ice. I know hes old and has lost a step, but I expected smarter play out of him. He tries to force everything.. Im really hoping he proves me wrong.

I will never say anything negative about Jagr.  I also notice since CJ change Jagr in Seguin spot the 2nd line is playing much better. Seguin and Jagr are getting chances and will light the lamp soon. The first gm. agst. NY the 2nd and 3rd line has speed that gave NY problems.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I thought he was fine. The only glaring gaff was when he turned the puck over in the offensive zone and it lead to a penalty near the end of the gm. But NY didn't score so and the Bruins won so all's well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

BGriff you are entitled to your opinion but Jagr has made the PP a threat and the other team barely touches the puck with the extra man. His shot off the post in the 3rd during the powerplay just as easily could have gone in.

If Jagr were a liability in the DZone then I would agree but he is not.

in the OT it was the first time this season and playoffs the Bruins stayed in their end the whole 2 mins and Jagr was on it for 80% of the time.  He kept in the and stopped 3-4 clearing chances.

This is not true, there have been plenty of times where Jagr has kept control of the puck on the PP. He also has created chances for Marchand and Bergeron since he moved to their line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He is worth his weight in gold for what he has done on the PP alone. Now, if we could just get CJ to switch out Bergeron and Chara for Hamilton and Krejci...

Jagr holding on to the puck is what makes him great. Right now his hands and instincts are still there, but I think his legs have been the culprit for some of his issues. Could be a problem, but we only need him for two more series. All in all, this team is better now with him in the lineup.

Sections
Shortcuts