Jagr - Yes another discussion on him.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Jagr - Yes another discussion on him.

I have yet to see jagr cost us a game.  I have seen him in the middle of the last 2 ot victories   

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BF- regardless of if he was directly involved the other team has to be aware of him and the danger he can pose. He pulls a defender to him that can't get back on the play. I'm ok with that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Pansy Mullet boy just stands on the sideboard, cherrypicking and being lazy which is what he's done his whole career. Ugh.  So overrated.

I could never stand his game, still don't, and he is sucking for our team right now.

5 time Hart Trophy Winner

10th all time in goals.

12th all time in assists.

8th all time in points.

I'm not sure if you've been hit in the head a few times too many, or if you were just born a bit slow, but let's face the facts.  Bashing a guy with those career stats for playing poorly his whole career literally has to be one of the stupidest things ever written here.

When I read "ITs"post I think of the movie "Parenthood". There is the smart kid who already know fractions and time tables at a very young age and then there is BKBroiler-Fisher-King-II-(whatever!)-kid who comes barreling into the kitchen with a bucket over his head, slamming into everything. It's good though to have a kid like that in the room for entertainment value.

Yah GMs keep signing Jagr becuase he "cherry picks"...mercy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I have yet to see jagr cost us a game.  I have seen him in the middle of the last 2 ot victories   

Him standing off to the side or not being involved in the plays that are scoring plays isn't really "in the middle" though.

Watch the games more closely. He is usually first on the forecheck and wrap arounds.  When he costs us a game we can chat.  We just won a 7 gm series.  Now up 1-0 in round two.  He was in the middle of those 2 ot goals.  I do know that much.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Watch the games more closely. He is usually first on the forecheck and wrap arounds.  When he costs us a game we can chat.  We just won a 7 gm series.  Now up 1-0 in round two.  He was in the middle of those 2 ot goals.  I do know that much.  

But, how did he look?  Did he look tired?  If so, that is much more important than the outcome of the play or the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

But, how did he look?  Did he look tired?  If so, that is much more important than the outcome of the play or the game.

Hes 41.  Im 41.  We are always tired.  But i see him having fun and is on our 2nd line.  Its a matter of time before he has a 3-4 pt night.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

I agree with what you say about his strength and working down low, but its so common place that the D know exactly what he is gonna do. He needs to keep his feet moving. He seems to get in the corner and just stop and get flat footed. Then the D drape themselves all over him and then he loses the puck. Maybe he needs more help down low for more options. Tough to make a play when you have your back to everyone and everthing that is going on.

It's also difficult for the opposition to score when they can't get the puck out of the corner from Jagr.  They usually need two guys to get it from him, leaving someone open.  He's only played with his linemates a few times, so it may take a little while longer for the timing to be right, but it's not from a lack of skill on Jagr's part. 

Seguin/Marchand/Bergeron were terrible.

Enter Jagr.

Results.

You could say it's coincidence.  I would disagree.

I was all for the change. Moving Jagr up with Marchand and Bergy. And I didnt think Marchand, Bergy and Seguin were bad, they just werent scoring, when we all expect it. Im still glad they made the change and I want them to keep Jagr with that line. I guess I was expecting smarter plays from Jagr would come about when playing with more skilled players such as M & B, instead of always looking as if he tries to do everything on his own. 

It may be true that Jagr's presence is bringing life to Bergy and Marchand but Jagr, to my eyes he is not creating much, loosing the puck too often and doesn't use his linemates all that well. His play on the PP has been pretty good though. I was psyched to get him and have been ever hopeful for his skills to shine. Seems a bit like a square peg in a round hole though. I still have some hope that his impact will be felt. So far not so much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

No one over on the Pats board likes you.  No one here likes you.  Maybe the problem isn't  everyone else?

1. Plenty like me just fine.

Not here they don't. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

It may be true that Jagr's presence is bringing life to Bergy and Marchand but Jagr, to my eyes he is not creating much, loosing the puck too often and doesn't use his linemates all that well. His play on the PP has been pretty good though. I was psyched to get him and have been ever hopeful for his skills to shine. Seems a bit like a square peg in a round hole though. I still have some hope that his impact will be felt. So far not so much.

Thank You for helping me fill my other thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

What? You find this whiny? I'm obviously not enthused but I don't find him useless. I've said he's somewhere in between and that I hope to see better.  Notice terms like, too often, vs , all the time. Or, all that well, vs useless. 

Take it as you will

Take it as you will

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You know why people think he loses the puck a lot?  Because he does.  What they fail to see, however, is that this means he has the puck a lot and holds it a lot.  He doesn't give weak flips to the net.  He doesn't send partially blocked shots to the screen.  He doesn't dump the puck in the corner at the first sign of pressure.

When Jagr has the puck, the bad guys don't.

Eventually they double team him and often take it from him.  Linemates who are open more often can prevent this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

What? You find this whiny? I'm obviously not enthused but I don't find him useless. I've said he's somewhere in between and that I hope to see better.  Notice terms like, too often, vs , all the time. Or, all that well, vs useless. 

Take it as you will

Take it as you will

The B's just played one of the best games they played in MONTHS with 3 regular d-men out  against one of the best golaies on the planet who the Bs ALWAYS had a hard time beating! But yet you jumped on the whiny bandwagon! So YES that is my will!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Take it as you will

The B's just played one of the best games they played in MONTHS with 3 regular d-men out  against one of the best golaies on the planet who the Bs ALWAYS had a hard time beating! But yet you jumped on the whiny bandwagon! So YES that is my will!

Fill you're boots! I've said similar positive things as you  just did in other posts.

In case you hadn't nticed we're specifically talking about Jagr's play. If we took a poll here I'm sure the majoriy would agree that he's been mediocre so far. Players go through stretches like that.

NAS I agree that the amount he has the puck is a huge positive and a reason why he looses it so much. And, you gave some good examples of how he doesn't throw it away needlessly/dangerously which is much worse than loosing a puck along the boards deep in the O zone. It's tough to get passes through the double team but lets hope time makes for a bit more chemistry

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Take it as you will

Fill you're boots! I've said similar positive things as you  just did in other posts.

In case you hadn't nticed we're specifically talking about Jagr's play. If we took a poll here I'm sure the majoriy would agree that he's been mediocre so far. Players go through stretches like that.

NAS I agree that the amount he has the puck is a huge positive and a reason why he looses it so much. And, you gave some good examples of how he doesn't throw it away needlessly/dangerously which is much worse than loosing a puck along the boards deep in the O zone. It's tough to get passes through the double team but lets hope time makes for a bit more chemistry

[/QUOTE]
    Don't worry ur only there once. Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Take it as you will

I vote mediocre at best,i like when he tried the wrap around,and Lundquest went to the bench to get a drink,while he was waiting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Jagr ain't going anywhere right now. Uninjured he'll be playing every night of the play offs while we all play armchair hockey consultants. And he's contributed more than Seguin has.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I agree with what you say about his strength and working down low, but its so common place that the D know exactly what he is gonna do. He needs to keep his feet moving. He seems to get in the corner and just stop and get flat footed. Then the D drape themselves all over him and then he loses the puck. Maybe he needs more help down low for more options. Tough to make a play when you have your back to everyone and everthing that is going on.

It's also difficult for the opposition to score when they can't get the puck out of the corner from Jagr.  They usually need two guys to get it from him, leaving someone open.  He's only played with his linemates a few times, so it may take a little while longer for the timing to be right, but it's not from a lack of skill on Jagr's part. 

Seguin/Marchand/Bergeron were terrible.

Enter Jagr.

Results.

You could say it's coincidence.  I would disagree.

I was all for the change. Moving Jagr up with Marchand and Bergy. And I didnt think Marchand, Bergy and Seguin were bad, they just werent scoring, when we all expect it. Im still glad they made the change and I want them to keep Jagr with that line. I guess I was expecting smarter plays from Jagr would come about when playing with more skilled players such as M & B, instead of always looking as if he tries to do everything on his own. 

Jagr's only real issue IMHO is that his stamina is such that he needs to come off the ice after 20 seconds or sooner, as such it impacts the amount of ice time that Marchand & Bergeron are getting. 

Overall I would concur with many that the guys a presence on the ice is such that the other team has to account for him, if I had one criticism of him is that he tends to hold the puck too long Trying to make plays with his head that his now aged body can no longer do...frankly Sequin hasn't exactly been lighting the lamp much either. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Jagr's only real issue IMHO is that his stamina is such that he needs to come off the ice after 20 seconds or sooner, as such it impacts the amount of ice time that Marchand & Bergeron are getting. 

Overall I would concur with many that the guys a presence on the ice is such that the other team has to account for him, if I had one criticism of him is that he tends to hold the puck too long Trying to make plays with his head that his now aged body can no longer do...frankly Sequin hasn't exactly been lighting the lamp much either. 

I don't know where this "Legend of the 20 Second Shift" came from but it is just not true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

The Funny part of it he has more points 4 assists then Nash of the rangers with Nash having not even scored in the playoffs plus he played with Kelly and Peverly most of the time. With the exception of game 7 TOR and game 1 of the NYR, now I have gotten on Jagr a lot but I come to the realization he is what 41 years old. If he could help out on the PP a little am fine with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I don't care about past laurels. I live in the present, it's 2013 and that is my team out there. I am thrilled that is Jagr's resume. Absolutely thrilled for him. I don't care what he did following Lemieux around for 8 years in Pittsburgh.  I really don't.  He was a Euro player then, he still is now which is why he hasn't won a Cup in 20 years.

He's busy jumping around the Atlanic division teams or playing in Europe.  It's always about Jaromir.

Note the difference between the fire with Recchi and this guy, too. To even pretend he should be on a checking line is embarrassing. He doesn't know what the word means.

What does this mean?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

He helps the PP but other than that it is pretty tough to point to contributions he has made in the playoffs.  It was nice of him to fall down and stay out of the way on the Bergeron/Marchand goal today

Most of the time he looks every bit of his age, not moving his feet, reaching with 1 hand on the stick, turning the puck over at the blue-line, etc.... He can contribute in short spurts but as a top 6 forward he isn't capable of carrying his weight.