Jagr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Jagr

No ones talking about him but to be honest, i find hes a puck hog, hangs onto it too long, always trys to do it by himself, complete opposite of the way the Bs play in the offensive zone.  Maybe hes on the wrong line, i dont know, but go ahead rip me for this post lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Jagr

Did you see him crashing last night, calling for the puck?  Peverley, of course, failed to deliver, instead tried to stickhandle out from behind the net.

Give him people to pass to, and people that pass to him, and I think the results would be vastly different.  As for him being a puck hog, I can't recall a time where there was an open guy that Jagr ignored in an attempt to do it all himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

At this point he's a bust as a trade. Invisible the entire series practically, and CJ has no clue how to utilize him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

He was brought here to score goals,how many does he have since comming to Boston, 2 so far i would say he is a bust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

For all of his incredible size,strength and skill he just seems to me to be the wrong fit for the type of game the Bruins play.Maybe it is the linemate thing, Peverly and Kelly can't mesh with him like they did with Recchi but  I still think at some point in this series he will score a big goal and he'll start to connect.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

For all of his incredible size,strength and skill he just seems to me to be the wrong fit for the type of game the Bruins play.Maybe it is the linemate thing, Peverly and Kelly can't mesh with him like they did with Recchi but  I still think at some point in this series he will score a big goal and he'll start to connect.   

Peverley and Kelly haven't done a thing all year when it comes to offense.  If Jaromir Jagr can't boost that line's production, it's hard to come crashing down on Bourque and Caron for the same.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Peverley and Kelly haven't done a thing all year when it comes to offense. 

[/QUOTE]

You are so right there, NAS.

It's amazing how both of them can't find their way around the net this year.

Kelly alone had 4 chances in front of goal yesterday and only managed meek efforts on net.

Although Kelly was hurt for part of the year, I think that Peverley, Kelly, Horton and Lucic put forth less than minimum efforts this year, for whatever reason(s), and were the major contributors to this most erratic campaign.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I still like Jagr.  He's one of the few forwards not on the Krejci line that has been dangerous in the series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Peverley and Kelly stink, I didn't think there dip in offense would quite this bad. Jagr did nothing wrong in view when it came trying to create offense last night. Especially the save Reimer barely made with the knob of his stick. I feel bad for Jagr having to play with those teo lumps.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Peverley and Kelly haven't done a thing all year when it comes to offense.  If Jaromir Jagr can't boost that line's production, it's hard to come crashing down on Bourque and Caron for the same.

Boy isn't that the truth. Kelly and Peverly have stunk all year and you throw in an offensively challenged Bergeron line and you can see where the problem lies. I'm going to use the tried and true saying...if the B's could get any "puck luck" the goals would be more spread out. On that note i have noticed the Leafs do get their stick in the way of a lot of shots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Peverley and Kelly stink, I didn't think there dip in offense would quite this bad. Jagr did nothing wrong in view when it came trying to create offense last night. Especially the save Reimer barely made with the knob of his stick. I feel bad for Jagr having to play with those teo lumps.

He's got to feel like a man on an island out there.  People call him a puck hog.  Well, the other options are either pass to Kelly or Peverley.  What good would that do?  I'd prefer to see Jagr attempt to stickhandle through three defenders than hit Peverley with a pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If it makes anyone feel better, the incomparable Rick Nash has a line of 6gp 0g 1a -1 and his team is down 3 games to 2. I think Torts has even benched him this series.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

actually it was a toronto defenders stick then the knob of reimers stick,so that was a bad break for jagr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Jagr is trying to do it all because he's basically playing by himself, on the 3rd line no less. I'm sure it's been a while since he's played with two linemates as offensively challenged. When he hangs onto the puck and dangles, you have to move your feet and find open space. He'll get you the puck. I can't believe he's freaking 41.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Jagr is trying to do it all because he's basically playing by himself, on the 3rd line no less. I'm sure it's been a while since he's played with two linemates as offensively challenged. When he hangs onto the puck and dangles, you have to move your feet and find open space. He'll get you the puck. I can't believe he's freaking 41.

It's so awesome when he's fighting off the defender with his left arms and carrying the puck with his right.   And he keeps control.  And Kelly and Peverley do...what?  No idea, but "get open" isn't the first phrase that comes to mind.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

My God folks, we seems to be all singing from the same hymm sheet here. Not that that's a bad thing mind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Seems like the puck is glued to Jagr's stick... it's amazing! I thought he looked best paired with Marchand so I wouldn't mind moving Pevs up and March down for a game or two.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would switch Jagr and Seguin ....Jagr with March & Bergyand Segui with Kelly and PEV ....nothing to lose the 2nd lin is goin nowhere and the 3rd as well ....

My prediction is if the 2n ine doesn scre a gaol in game 6 ....thee willbe agame 7

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

W da f are some of you talking about. He's one of the few that actually makes something happen and you are dumping on him! Come on, you got to be kidding me. Maybe if he had some guys that had some talent to work with, the goals would be going in. 

Having said that, the B's are still up 3-2 in games. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

W da f are some of you talking about. He's one of the few that actually makes something happen and you are dumping on him! Come on, you got to be kidding me. Maybe if he had some guys that had some talent to work with, the goals would be going in. 

Having said that, the B's are still up 3-2 in games. 

Exactly. Seems to me like Jagr's there to take the flak for a number of underperforming Bruins forwards.  Its a disgrace. And a game 7 do or die situation may be only thing that will force CJ mix things up. But even then I'm not so sure.

Hope the Bruins win in Toronto. My blood pressure ain't liking a possible 7 game series one bit.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I already said anyone who's placing blame on JJ is blind numerous times, but for someone to call him a puck hog is too over the top to even comment on.

I can honestly say the only change you'll see CJ make (barring injuries) is bringing Redden back in if he's good to go. He didn't make any changes in the 2010 Philly series. I can't see him changing anything with the team he's won a cup with. To be quite honest I would love to see CJ have Paille out there chasing Gardiner around. I am kidding of course, but that guy can skate. Can be a defensive liabilty at times, but man oh man he can move with, or without the puck. The leafs certainly have a PMD back. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

It's so awesome when he's fighting off the defender with his left arms and carrying the puck with his right.   And he keeps control.  And Kelly and Peverley do...what?  No idea, but "get open" isn't the first phrase that comes to mind.

Funny how this guy made me scream for the someone on the B's to kill him. Now, I just watch & laugh at this guys strength & skill. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Come on, Jagr creates more opportunities than the whole second and third line put together. Jagr needs to play with players with creativity who can get open when he has the puck.  Instead they just stand there and watch.  I wonder what Iggy would doing on Boston's third line.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Come on, Jagr creates more opportunities than the whole second and third line put together. Jagr needs to play with players with creativity who can get open when he has the puck.  Instead they just stand there and watch.  I wonder what Iggy would doing on Boston's third line.

Only CJ would be stupid enough to put a future Hall of Famer like Iggy on the third line. Oh wait, that's what he's already doing with another future Hall of Famer.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I would switch Jagr and Seguin ....Jagr with March & Bergyand Segui with Kelly and PEV ....nothing to lose the 2nd lin is goin nowhere and the 3rd as well ....

My prediction is if the 2n ine doesn scre a gaol in game 6 ....thee willbe agame 7

This may be the first time I have ever agreed with you Stanley. At the very least, Jagr comes out of corner scrums with the puck more often than Seguin at this point in their careers.

Sections
Shortcuts