Jagr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Jagr

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Peverly looks like the guy to me that is still fighting it in a big way.  I can't beleive how different he looks than during the 2011 run.  He still has the speed, so I can't place what the problem is.  Wondering if Soda would be just as good of an option.

At this point I have Daugavins ahead of Soderberg.  The evidence I have might be worthless in given knowledge of how they have been playing at practice.  I like the idea of Soderberg but I think the idea might actually be about a swedish unicorn.

Brilliant!  I think you've just summed up the fascination with Soderberg perfectly.  We waited so long to find out if this guy was real, we've confused him with another mythical creature.  Now he's not using his magic horn to fight evil, lure virgins and win games, we're stuck with the gap between magical creature who will solve all of our problems and late-20s rookie NHLer who had one or two good years in the SEL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think it's a Peverley/Kelly problem with Jagr - I think it's just a chemistry problem.  He's the only guy on the team who plays that kind of game - everyone else is used to skating to spots and moving the puck quickly.  Jagr's looking for them to do something differently, but when they do, he doesn't get the puck to them as effectively as he has in the past.  Saw the same issues with Bergeron and Marchand at times.  I think the big thing with those two is that they'll get Jagr the puck clean rather than making him fight three guys to be in a position to make a play with it.

He'll make a positive impact along the way here.  He already has - he got Lucic going with his first goal.  If he does nothing else, and Lucic keeps rolling like he did the last two third periods - great trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Peverly looks like the guy to me that is still fighting it in a big way.  I can't beleive how different he looks than during the 2011 run.  He still has the speed, so I can't place what the problem is.  Wondering if Soda would be just as good of an option.

At this point I have Daugavins ahead of Soderberg.  The evidence I have might be worthless in given knowledge of how they have been playing at practice.  I like the idea of Soderberg but I think the idea might actually be about a swedish unicorn.

Brilliant!  I think you've just summed up the fascination with Soderberg perfectly.  We waited so long to find out if this guy was real, we've confused him with another mythical creature.  Now he's not using his magic horn to fight evil, lure virgins and win games, we're stuck with the gap between magical creature who will solve all of our problems and late-20s rookie NHLer who had one or two good years in the SEL.

Reminds me of some of this positive/negative stuff.  I got ripped by some hi profile posters for suggesting the overall hype was a bit over the top.  Also suggested those who were doing the praising, would be the first to throw him under a bus.

Of course Dauvigans is the best choice right now.  He's got 'some' NHL experience, and enough talent.  Soderberg could be a really good player for the B's, but we're at least a year away(assuming he plays for the B's during that entire time) from being able to project much.

As for Peverly, he obviously overachieved in 11.  I agree he's lost, and that's heightened by unreasonable expectation in my view.  The whole line just hasn't been very good.  If they can just be 1 goal to the good, the B's should be in good shape.  I'm not ready to bench Peverly yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

That would mean that he would have to bounce from line to line which I think is good 

Just wondering, how many individual players in the league bounce from line to line in today's NHL during a game ?

The Jagr of old may have gotten this type of ice time preferential treatment.

The 2013 version is not the Jagr of old.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

With the Bruins moving on to round 2, the draft choice traded to Dallas for Jagr now becomes a 2nd Rounder.

If Bruins move on to the Conference final, the 2nd Rounder becomes a 1st rounder.

Looks like we won't have a 1st this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I think Jagr will have a good series.  He obviously had a problem with the Leafs speed but should not be as much as an issue this time around.  He will help me out in my pool by getting a point a game :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Jagr's looking for them to do something differently, but when they do, he doesn't get the puck to them as effectively as he has in the past.  Saw the same issues with Bergeron and Marchand at times.  I think the big thing with those two is that they'll get Jagr the puck clean rather than making him fight three guys to be in a position to make a play with it.

He'll make a positive impact along the way here.  He already has - he got Lucic going with his first goal.  If he does nothing else, and Lucic keeps rolling like he did the last two third periods - great trade.

Yeah, I see how Jagr can be a frusterating player to watch for some people, but there's a method to his puck-possession madness. Peverley and Kelley just don't have the hockey sense to see how he's opening space for them, and when they do recognize it, they are often too out of position to fill it, so Jagr must hold onto it for even longer instead of just willingly turning the puck over (which often turns into a turnover nonetheless cause Jagr has no one to pass to).

At even strength, I admit that Jagr looks slow. But he still has a ton of value on the power play--he's single-handedly taken us from looking pathetic to somewhat threatening with his play-making down low.

Personally, I think if Seguin has another bad start they need to make the switch to Jagr on that line 5v5. Bergy can cover for Jagr defensively, and Marchand can carry the puck through the neutral zone (the area Jagr looks horrible) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

With respect to Jagr looking slow, I remember one game where, as a Bruins' power play expired, the Leafs had a rush go the other way.  He hustled back to help break up the play fairly nicely. 

He's not fast, but perhaps some of his perceived slowness is just in comparison to the other Bruins forwards - most of which are quite fast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

no, no and no. Jagr's issues are not lack of talent around him. He needs to simplify his game and stop expecting the perfect play. Mario isn't walking through that door, so make the quick pass, rotate to the front of the net and cause chaos. The very best NHL players don't get open in playoff games the way they used to.

remember Marchand in 2011. Same puck possession game as Jagr, with much quicker decisions.

That's a load of bullkief if I ever read it! Jagr doesn't have to simplify NOTHING! He's a future HOF'er for fawk sakes! Kellly & Peverly are the ones that need to adjust here! They haven't done a dam thing this season except cause goals & win some face-offs! Quick pass? Fawk he's tried every type of pass to these two stiffs! They've been terrible! Marchand didn't have any problems picking up Jagr's passes. He didn't do much once he got it, but at least he was better than K & P. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

With the Bruins moving on to round 2, the draft choice traded to Dallas for Jagr now becomes a 2nd Rounder.

If Bruins move on to the Conference final, the 2nd Rounder becomes a 1st rounder.

Looks like we won't have a 1st this year.

LOL! Good thing I re-read this... I thought you were becoming kitchener, or mattb, or one of those...you know? Pansy fans who runs away at the 1st sign of trouble! 

Sections
Shortcuts