Jagr's Linemates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Jagr's Linemates

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Daugavins and Pandolfo ...really ? You're gonna play Jaromir Jagr with Duag and Pandolfo ? Can't be, there must be some mistake, cause I thought it said that the plan was to play Jagr with Pandolfo and Daugavins. Can't be cause he's Jaromir Jagr. Must be a typo or something cause thats not really happenning - Right? I'm going to go back and read it again, I must have misunderstood. There's no way the brought him in to play on the 3rd line, please tell me thats not the plan. Maybe they should start reading Stans emails. 

No wonder why Iginla said NFW

its time to cut the defensive liability BS.

C'mon Claude loosen the f up, nobody cares about the rolling 4 line thing

Lucic - Seguin - Jagr

Marchand - Krejc- Horton

Peverly - Bergeron - Kelly ... or any way you like, assuming they'll both be back healthy soon

4th line who cares

At least you now appear to realize that Iginla turned down the Bruins and that Bartkowski or any other part of the offer had no bearing. Baby steps can work.

Since you brought it up - I never thought that it was wether or not the B's offer was better than the Pens offer or not. It was always wether or not PC put something on the table that Calgary could easily walk away from as opposed to something that would have made their decision extremely difficult to publicly turn down. I don't think it was strong enough to overcome the Pitt offer. You don't think it would have made a difference - I do. That doesn't make you right.

Everyone had an awful lot to say when it was about defending the GM when it came to Iginla, but I haven't heard a word about not acquiring Clowe. - No opinion ?  Speaks volumes

It absolutely makes me right unless you can point to a provision in the CBA which states the quality of players being offered has some any bearing on whether a player can exercise his right to refuse a trade. I'll let you know now, it doesn't say that anywhere. It's actually very clear in it's wording and easily understood by most people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I agree with savybergy77 jags should be centered by Krejci.  I think they would play off eachother much better and they play in the same guere speed wise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

No CC, I never suggested that. I have however suggested that knowing that the Pitt factor was in play, an offer that would have been difficult for Calgary to publicly turn down would have been the only way to pull that move off. I thought the offer PC made, while marginally better, was in reality just less sucka$$ than the Pitt offer, thereby giving Calgary an explainable out.  So a more substantial effort to get a player of Iginla's stature would have been the way to go from the jump. I think there's a decent chance that under that scenario the Pitt offer never gets to Iginla. And YES I do know what a NMC is - and I am also aware of what a list of 4 teams that you would be willing to waive that NMC is. We'll never know for sure, but I think that wasn't the time to be conservative and try to maximize at all costs. Like I said before, I would have driven a Caron or Krug to Calgary myself if that extra piece would have been what it would have taken for Calgary to take a different position. What is totally accurate is that PC misjudged what he was up against.

You think Iginla would've passed on the opportunity to play with Crosby because he has some secret fantasy to see Caron in a Flames uniform?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

No CC, I never suggested that. I have however suggested that knowing that the Pitt factor was in play, an offer that would have been difficult for Calgary to publicly turn down would have been the only way to pull that move off. I thought the offer PC made, while marginally better, was in reality just less sucka$$ than the Pitt offer, thereby giving Calgary an explainable out.  So a more substantial effort to get a player of Iginla's stature would have been the way to go from the jump. I think there's a decent chance that under that scenario the Pitt offer never gets to Iginla. And YES I do know what a NMC is - and I am also aware of what a list of 4 teams that you would be willing to waive that NMC is. We'll never know for sure, but I think that wasn't the time to be conservative and try to maximize at all costs. Like I said before, I would have driven a Caron or Krug to Calgary myself if that extra piece would have been what it would have taken for Calgary to take a different position. What is totally accurate is that PC misjudged what he was up against.

You think Iginla would've passed on the opportunity to play with Crosby because he has some secret fantasy to see Caron in a Flames uniform?

No brainiac ... Iginla never sees the Pitt in that scenario

I'm officially done now...applause  - talk amongst yourselves

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think the idea is that if Chiarelli's offer had really blown away Feaster, he would have been more inclined to take a hardline stance with Iginla.  "You said Boston was okay and I negotiated in good faith and their offer is by far the best; so much so that I will keep you rather than trade you somewhere else."

It's not that far out-there of a concept, I just don't see how that situation arises without some form of precognition on Chiarelli's part.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I think the idea is that if Chiarelli's offer had really blown away Feaster, he would have been more inclined to take a hardline stance with Iginla.  "You said Boston was okay and I negotiated in good faith and their offer is by far the best; so much so that I will keep you rather than trade you somewhere else."

It's not that far out-there of a concept, I just don't see how that situation arises without some form of precognition on Chiarelli's part.

He could take whatever stance he wants and the decision is still Iginla's to make. He signed no waivers to the contrary. This was confirmed by both Feaster and Flames ownership.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The decision to waive his NMC was Iginla's.  The decision to trade him at all was Feaster's. 

Has there ever been a trade needing a waiver where the player later revealed that he only waived his NTC because it was better than staying?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He could take whatever stance he wants and the decision is still Iginla's to make. He signed no waivers to the contrary. This was confirmed by both Feaster and Flames ownership.

If Iginla were given two choices, Boston or no trade, which do you think he would have picked?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If Iginla were given two choices, Boston or no trade, which do you think he would have picked?

We'll never know but the choice still would've been his to make. That's all I'm trying to say. Iginla signed no waiver giving up that right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I am amazed at this Iginla thing is still going on.. let's move on people.. He certainly has been a difference maker since his arrival for two games that he has shown up..... He's playing with Malkin , not too shabby a player..   He didn't want to come to Boston , good for him, his choice .. He wanted Pittsburgh, now he has Pittsburgh..  I didn't see him as a differenc maker in Boston , compared to what we will get from Jagr.. Better team fit overall, fills many more needs in Boston that Iginla .... Now how about moving Jagr to Krejci line Claude? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

We'll never know but the choice still would've been his to make. That's all I'm trying to say. Iginla signed no waiver giving up that right.

Yes, we won't know which one he would pick, but which one do you think he'd pick?

I think he'd pick playing in the playoffs for Boston as opposed to missing the playoffs yet again in Calgary.  Why Feaster even presented the Pitt offer is beyond me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yes, we won't know which one he would pick, but which one do you think he'd pick?

I think he'd pick playing in the playoffs for Boston as opposed to missing the playoffs yet again in Calgary.  Why Feaster even presented the Pitt offer is beyond me.

Because of Iginla knowing there was an offer from Pitt .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Because of Iginla knowing there was an offer from Pitt .

Even if there wasn't an offer from Pittsburgh, Iginla could have texted Crosby after Feester told him about the Boston offer.

"Hey did you guys make an offer or not ? Thought you did..."

Either way Fleeceter took back that he told Chiarelli there was a done deal at NOON that day. All for not, I don't care now after watching Jagr with the puck on the powerplay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Pardon the Interuption ....Back to the Jagr's Linemates thing....I posted here before the NJ game, that I thought Jagr wouldn't be able to keep up to Marchand & Seguin....Glad to be showen other wise. This is really good news to hear that Jagr is again playing with the same two linemates. This will give CJ lot's of lines to play with when Bergeron comes back. And then there's Kelly as well. Good timing with playoffs coming up...

Sections
Shortcuts