Jagr's Linemates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Jagr's Linemates

In response to brunod's comment:

I hope JC is not that stupid to put JJ on the 3rd line. Tyler now has a chance to play his natural position with a great player and show how good he can be. Pevs on the 2nd line is a waste of JJ's talent.

What have you got against our lord and saviour?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Let them compete for which line they play on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Phew:

GlobeFluto Rushes so far: Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Marchand-Seguin-Jagr, Pandolfo-Peverley-Daugavins, Paille-Campbell-Thornton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"@NHLBruins

"Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Marchand-Seguin-Jagr, Pandolfo-Peverley-Daugavins, Paille-Campbell-Thornton; Kelly and Caron taking rushes^CS"

Yah "Keep your dry eraser out of this Ward!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thank JC!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Phew. Jagr needs to not be bottom 6.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I would think it would make the most sense to put Jagr with his countryman Krejci.

Jagr      Krejci      Lucic

Seguin  Peverley  Marchand

Horton  Daugavins  Paille

Caron    Campbell   Thornton

Pandolfo to the retirement ward...PLEASE!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

When everybodys back...

Jagr      Krejci       Lucic

Seguin  Bergeron  Marchand

Horton   Kelly        Peverley  (Daugavins  extra)

Paille    Campbell   Thornton  (Caron extra)

Chara          Hamilton

Boychuk      Seidenberg  (Redden Extra)

McQuaid      Ference       (Bartkowski Extra)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

As per the Sports Hub updates, the lines at the morning skate were as follows:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Marchand-Seguin-Jagr

Pandolfo-Daugavins-Peverly

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Caron

Kelly skated with the team and Jagr practiced with both PP units

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Daugavins and Pandolfo ...really ? You're gonna play Jaromir Jagr with Duag and Pandolfo ? Can't be, there must be some mistake, cause I thought it said that the plan was to play Jagr with Pandolfo and Daugavins. Can't be cause he's Jaromir Jagr. Must be a typo or something cause thats not really happenning - Right? I'm going to go back and read it again, I must have misunderstood. There's no way the brought him in to play on the 3rd line, please tell me thats not the plan. Maybe they should start reading Stans emails. 

No wonder why Iginla said NFW

its time to cut the defensive liability BS.

C'mon Claude loosen the f up, nobody cares about the rolling 4 line thing

Lucic - Seguin - Jagr

Marchand - Krejc- Horton

Peverly - Bergeron - Kelly ... or any way you like, assuming they'll both be back healthy soon

4th line who cares

At least you now appear to realize that Iginla turned down the Bruins and that Bartkowski or any other part of the offer had no bearing. Baby steps can work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Thank JC!!!

I think he meant Jose Cuervo because after we see Jagr on a line with Pandolfo and Daug, bad tequila might sound good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'm glad Fluto's idiot line combinations didn't happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Among the many things that made them stupid was the rationale.  What CJ did to finish out a game with a short bench, and without Jagr or Daugavins on the bench, is a very poor place to start thinking about how he might use his two new pieces to fill the new gap in his lineup.

Julien has benched Peverley once - benched! a veteran! a defensively responsible veteran! - so it's clear he's not pleased with what RP is bringing to the table.  I just don't see him thinking it's a good idea to put Peverley in that role even if there is that "oh, this will jumpstart him!" temptation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Let them compete for which line they play on.

Yah during a morning pre-game skate ?

Lets call the drill "Skate better than Grzelcyk" LoL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

I think he meant Jose Cuervo because after we see Jagr on a line with Pandolfo and Daug, bad tequila might sound good.

mmmm, tequila......2 in the afternoon, too soon?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

mmmm, tequila......2 in the afternoon, too soon?

Depends on what you are drinking and how the B's did last night!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Daugavins and Pandolfo ...really ? You're gonna play Jaromir Jagr with Duag and Pandolfo ? Can't be, there must be some mistake, cause I thought it said that the plan was to play Jagr with Pandolfo and Daugavins. Can't be cause he's Jaromir Jagr. Must be a typo or something cause thats not really happenning - Right? I'm going to go back and read it again, I must have misunderstood. There's no way the brought him in to play on the 3rd line, please tell me thats not the plan. Maybe they should start reading Stans emails. 

No wonder why Iginla said NFW

its time to cut the defensive liability BS.

C'mon Claude loosen the f up, nobody cares about the rolling 4 line thing

Lucic - Seguin - Jagr

Marchand - Krejc- Horton

Peverly - Bergeron - Kelly ... or any way you like, assuming they'll both be back healthy soon

4th line who cares

At least you now appear to realize that Iginla turned down the Bruins and that Bartkowski or any other part of the offer had no bearing. Baby steps can work.

Since you brought it up - I never thought that it was wether or not the B's offer was better than the Pens offer or not. It was always wether or not PC put something on the table that Calgary could easily walk away from as opposed to something that would have made their decision extremely difficult to publicly turn down. I don't think it was strong enough to overcome the Pitt offer. You don't think it would have made a difference - I do. That doesn't make you right.

Everyone had an awful lot to say when it was about defending the GM when it came to Iginla, but I haven't heard a word about not acquiring Clowe. - No opinion ?  Speaks volumes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Everyone had an awful lot to say when it was about defending the GM when it came to Iginla, but I haven't heard a word about not acquiring Clowe. - No opinion ?  Speaks volumes

You make it sound like it was simply a matter of making a phone call that he didn't make.  Listen to what PC - and all the other GM's say.  They're on the phone all the time with one another.  And truth is we don't know what happened and what didn't as far as Clowe goes.  I could invent 40 million scenarios of why a deal with for Clowe fell apart because of PC and not at all because of PC.  To hear you, you'd think that Clowe was a sure thing, but PC blew it.

Is Shero that much better?  Why didn't he get Clowe as well?

Go ahead and remain pissed off and bitter.  It's not going to get PC fired or Clowe on the team anytime soon.

If Bergeron can get back and Kelly can get healthy and maybe the Swedish kid might show up this will be a really fun line up that should go deep into the playoffs.

And Bartkowski's playing better, maybe better than Ference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I was thinking Jagr Horton Lucic, minimum weight 220.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Depends on what you are drinking and how the B's did last night!

Lol.....cheers to a solid debut for Yammy and the barking Latvian tonight!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

You make it sound like it was simply a matter of making a phone call that he didn't make.  Listen to what PC - and all the other GM's say.  They're on the phone all the time with one another.  And truth is we don't know what happened and what didn't as far as Clowe goes.  I could invent 40 million scenarios of why a deal with for Clowe fell apart because of PC and not at all because of PC.  To hear you, you'd think that Clowe was a sure thing, but PC blew it.

Is Shero that much better?  Why didn't he get Clowe as well?

Go ahead and remain pissed off and bitter.  It's not going to get PC fired or Clowe on the team anytime soon.

If Bergeron can get back and Kelly can get healthy and maybe the Swedish kid might show up this will be a really fun line up that should go deep into the playoffs.

And Bartkowski's playing better, maybe better than Ference.

I guess around here, criticism is labeled as pissed off and bitter, which is why this place can be a joke. You think PC had a good deadline record this year - great ! Personally, I think that getting Clowe who was available to anyone who wanted him bad enough, was ultra important. I believe that the lack of physical and emotional play is a problem for this team. Clowe is a poster child of a Boston Bruin. It was clear that once he got Jagr, Clowe was off the board. The buzz went from Bruins are the frontrunners - to the Habs and NYR are very involved. You like Redden and Daugavins ? Great ! You can add them to the Bartkowski signing and cheer on PC. I think he should have done better at this years deadline. If I see something I strongly disagree with , I'll state it. If that makes me pissed off and bitter and not one of the "knowledgeable good posters" then that works for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Since you brought it up - I never thought that it was wether or not the B's offer was better than the Pens offer or not. It was always wether or not PC put something on the table that Calgary could easily walk away from as opposed to something that would have made their decision extremely difficult to publicly turn down. I don't think it was strong enough to overcome the Pitt offer. You don't think it would have made a difference - I do. That doesn't make you right.

So, you are suggesting that once Chiarelli and Feaster had reached an agreement on the price for Iginla, Chiarelli should have thrown in something extra, just in case?  I don't think there's a GM in the league that would do that.  You don't negotiate for a week to buy a car then pay more than the seller has already agreed to.

As for Clowe, he would have been nice.  His cost may have outweighed his benefit in Boston (as opposed to NY, where he appears to be on the second line) - there's only so much ice time.

We will probably never know exactly the reasons behind this result.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

So, you are suggesting that once Chiarelli and Feaster had reached an agreement on the price for Iginla, Chiarelli should have thrown in something extra, just in case?  I don't think there's a GM in the league that would do that.  You don't negotiate for a week to buy a car then pay more than the seller has already agreed to.

As for Clowe, he would have been nice.  His cost may have outweighed his benefit in Boston (as opposed to NY, where he appears to be on the second line) - there's only so much ice time.

We will probably never know exactly the reasons behind this result.

No CC, I never suggested that. I have however suggested that knowing that the Pitt factor was in play, an offer that would have been difficult for Calgary to publicly turn down would have been the only way to pull that move off. I thought the offer PC made, while marginally better, was in reality just less sucka$$ than the Pitt offer, thereby giving Calgary an explainable out.  So a more substantial effort to get a player of Iginla's stature would have been the way to go from the jump. I think there's a decent chance that under that scenario the Pitt offer never gets to Iginla. And YES I do know what a NMC is - and I am also aware of what a list of 4 teams that you would be willing to waive that NMC is. We'll never know for sure, but I think that wasn't the time to be conservative and try to maximize at all costs. Like I said before, I would have driven a Caron or Krug to Calgary myself if that extra piece would have been what it would have taken for Calgary to take a different position. What is totally accurate is that PC misjudged what he was up against.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, because I just don't see how what you are suggesting is something other than over-paying in a situation where you can't possibly know you need to overpay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yep agree to disagree is fine. FWIW - you get what you pay for, in this case that's zip-

Thanks

Sections
Shortcuts