James gets two years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

James gets two years

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=390887

These are his third and fourth convictions for raping children. How the hell does this piece of unholy excrement only get two years? First Sheldon Kennedy and an unnamed player, then Fleury and Todd Holt. Not to mention three other players where charges weren't able to be brought forward... two years. What a joke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: James gets two years

In Response to James gets two years:
    [QUOTE]http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=390887 These are his third and fourth convictions for raping children. How the hell does this piece of unholy excrement only get two years? First Sheldon Kennedy and an unnamed player, then Fleury and Todd Holt. Not to mention three other players where charges weren't able to be brought forward... two years. What a joke.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Red, that was my 1st thought upon hearing of his "punishment". I honestly wouldn't feel bad if he sufferred a fatal accident in prison.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Makes me sick to even see his face. Now he has become the little boy. Have fun in jail bud.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: James gets two years:
    [QUOTE]In Response to James gets two years : Red, that was my 1st thought upon hearing of his "punishment". I honestly wouldn't feel bad if he sufferred a fatal accident in prison.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yeah dez, I wouldn't shed any tears either. Unbelievable sentence though. People have done more time for smoking a joint.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Rape is a disgusting crime and don't know how the justice system allows such a short sentence. 

Laws are so flawed around molestation. Look at this story in Morroco. 

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/17/world/africa/morocco-child-rape/

I think a couple years in general population will be good for him to receive Hammurabi like retribution.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to James gets two years : Red, that was my 1st thought upon hearing of his "punishment". I honestly wouldn't feel bad if he sufferred a fatal accident in prison.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I wonder though if these types are protected in Canada.  I know in the US you could always, count on the prisoners to take care of child offenders, but nowadays, being a child offender gets you a nice pampered solitary cell.  I hope he gets the John Goeghan treatment but I doubt it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Red, welcome to Canada. Two years? He'll serve 8 months, tops...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: James gets two years : Agreed.  I wonder though if these types are protected in Canada.  I know in the US you could always, count on the prisoners to take care of child offenders, but nowadays, being a child offender gets you a nice pampered solitary cell.  I hope he gets the John Goeghan treatment but I doubt it.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately these types of offenders are seldom put in the general population.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Should have gotten 200 years.....like 20 years ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Red, welcome to Canada. Two years? He'll serve 8 months, tops...
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

Actually the Tories changed the law, so as I understand it he's not elligible for early parole this time. For once two years actually means two years. So some solace in that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Don't drop the soap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Don't drop the soap.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

That would be poetic justice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Don't face the wall when you fall asleep either!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm good with the two years........As long as it's in a Stalinesque Siberian Gulag and he does his time hanging by his thumbs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

That's an easy fix---- I believe "castration" should be included in the sentence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I just hope jail goes horribly for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The religous or spiritual way to look at these types is to say forgive and heal.  In my book it would be twenty years in prison with a smile of justice. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hope they give him shoes with really long laces.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

Let his name be forgotten, may he serve the fullest penalties allowed.
    My thoughts, prayers, and sympathies are with the victims and their families going forward. LARGE thanks to the men who stepped forward, they protected God only knows how many other children from being victimized.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hopefully they also implement mandatory sentencing. To quote the judge on why she gave him 2 years and not 6 as requested by the prosecution, "Canadian justice is not about vengeance". Blah. It should be about punishment that fits crimes and protecting future victims. His defence said he was reformed and hadn't re-offended... but he was coaching youth again! You would never do that if you had actual shame for your crimes.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: James gets two years : Actually the Tories changed the law, so as I understand it he's not elligible for early parole this time. For once two years actually means two years. So some solace in that.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I just noticed that he's going to federal prison. If his sentence had been one day shorter than 1 year, he would be in a country club prison.

Hopefully Federal Prison is really hard time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

[QUOTE]I just noticed that he's going to federal prison. If his sentence had been one day shorter than 1 year, he would be in a country club prison. Hopefully Federal Prison is really hard time.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear this, at least it will be hard time served.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Can't be hard enough.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

There's a special place in h-e-double-hockey-sticks for people like him. I don't think anyone will miss him for the next 2 years. Maybe he'll make friends with a big inmate named Bubba who will show him just what it was like to be the kids he mollested.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's no wonder we read about some folks who are reluctant to come forward against their molester and have their anguished story laid bare if the consequences are so bloody feeble.  James receiving two years for all those people whose lives he's soiled is pathetic. 

Sections
Shortcuts