James Neal to Pitt?? Damn....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: James Neal to Pitt?? Damn....

In Response to Re: James Neal to Pitt?? Damn....:
    [QUOTE]not trying to defend kessel, but it's hard to be a + player on a horrible team like the leafs.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

you're missing my point.  Bruins8 is the biggest fan boy of Kessel on this board and yet comes here and downplays James Neil.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: James Neal to Pitt?? Damn.... : But -22........c'mon Kessel.An elite player shouldn't have jowls.....plain and simple.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

who said kessel was an elite player?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pitt deals a young(er) defenseman with some serious scoring ability and defensive awareness.  Dallas deals a young(er) forward with some scoring ability.  Niskanen is thrown in.

Seems like about as even of a deal as we'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Goligoski has very good offensive potential but is average at best defensively. His ceiling is likely a 2nd pairing Dman running the first PP unit. Barring Neal and/or Niskanen tanking, this move favors Pittsburgh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jacobs lowballed Shero when he first came here to interview before Chiarelli.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: James Neal to Pitt?? Damn.... : who said kessel was an elite player?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    I think many have said it.He was certainly on his way to that status before crying his way out of Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Niskanen had 35 pts a few yrs back and is not a bad dman at all.  Had Niskanen gone for Gol I would have thought it was pretty even.  The fact they added a young/fiesty Neal who will likely flank Sid and they win this deal in a landslide.  No way I thought they would land Neal.  He is gonna be good.  Send Dallas to a Canadian market.  Tired of these weak american teams.  Florida/Dallas/Coyotes all would sell out in Winnipeg/Hamilton/QC I need a beer
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Actually, Niskanen has been wildly inconsistent and the Stars have been trying to get rid of him for a while. Still, this trade does not make much sense from a Dallas perspective. Both Neal and Niskanen are young and signed at a moderate price for next year....perhaps there is someting behind the scenes we are not privy to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: James Neal to Pitt?? Damn.... : I think many have said it.He was certainly on his way to that status before crying his way out of Boston.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

i think he would have scored close to 50 his last year here if he wouldn't have caught mono. oh well, he cried his way out of here and is no longer considered elite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Jacobs lowballed Shero when he first came here to interview before Chiarelli.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

i'm glad he did, pc's great.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

how good will this trade will look if and when crosby comes back. neal is a really good finisher around the net and Pittsburgh was definitely dealing from a strength they are loaded as far as defence is concerned. that's how they have been able to maintain there spot in the standings along with marc andre fleury. they have martin,michalek,letang,orpik,engelland and either lovejoy or niskanen jesus i wish the bruins had that kind  of problem.