James van Riemsdyk update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

James van Riemsdyk update

Still not Wayne Gretzky. Sorry Versus!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: James van Riemsdyk update

Yah, I wanted to start a thread about that yesterday myself.

Where is Pierre Maguire with all his nonsense now?

Really really ticked me off last year when TT was stoning the Flyers cold all they could talk about was how awesome JVR was, when he wasn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Come on now.....there's no denying that JVR did actually play a great game 2.....he was making stuff happen every time he had the puck.

It's a good thing Thomas was in net; otherwise it probably would have been the best 1-man show we would have seen in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Did you ever think that the Bs didn't have their best in game 2? JVR is way over rated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Where was he yesterday?

I was surprised to see he got 4 shots on goal, I can't remember one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

He's not even Claude Giroux..........heck he's not even Scott Hartnell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

JVR could be the next Dustin Penner. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Average over 20 goals a season during his first 5 like Penner ? Hmm yah that would be terrible...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I like JVR. Liked him at UNH and still do. Would love him as a Bruin. I was just taking a shot at PM and the Versus crew who all but annointed him as the best player EVER during that playoff game last year. They were still pretty effusive during games 1,3 and 4 but were downright embarassing during game 2. yes, he had a great game but they were waaaay over the top about not only his game that day but him as a player. That's where they went off the rails.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: James van Riemsdyk update:
    Average over 20 goals a season during his first 5 like Penner ? Hmm yah that would be terrible...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Did I say it was a bad thing?  I was thinking more in the lines of him being soft. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Would love him as a Bruin. I was just taking a shot at PM and the Versus crew who all but annointed him as the best player EVER during that playoff game last year. Posted by WalkTheLine

Agreed and yah when Pierre latches on he really has a crush. Maybe, possibly NBC told McGuire remember you're not on TSN right now so lets pump up some American kids during some games then he of course took it too far. NBC is going to to cover the Men's Worlds in the spring so I'm sure they are trying to line up some advertisers.

PS. Shup, as long as he's as tough as you he'll be fine Te-hee...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I knew Giroux was a pretty good player last season and when they got rid of Richards and Carter I thought Giroux would not excel as playing behind or with Richards on the same line where he padded his stats. Giroux has proved he can carry a team.
    JVR ?  no way !  He's a big good skater and I think it makes look better than he really is.  Like Wheeler with a little better physicality .  No show against the Habs and yesterday afternoon.
    JVR might have played his best ever game in last years game 2 and Pierre McGuire might have wet his pants for the last time due to JVR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I have noticed a trend, Holmgren drafts well, awards young players with great contracts prematurely, then trades timely to start the whole cylce again!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I have noticed a trend, Holmgren drafts well, awards young players with great contracts prematurely, then trades timely to start the whole cylce again!
    Posted by islamorada

He's arguably the most clueless GM when it comes to handing out contracts. I'm surprised he hasn't given Matt Read a 5 year extension at $5 Million per year yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: James van Riemsdyk update : He's arguably the most clueless GM when it comes to handing out contracts. I'm surprised he hasn't given Matt Read a 5 year extension at $5 Million per year yet.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

So far, letting the Sabres take Leino is looking decent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

Some pretty high profile users on here laughed at some of us in the offseason who suggested a preference for Marchand over JVR.  I still don't think it's a laughing matter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: James van Riemsdyk update : So far, letting the Sabres take Leino is looking decent.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree. I have never really been high Leino-I thought last season's production was a fluke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennis3feetwideman. Show dennis3feetwideman's posts

The first game of the season I believe it was Pierre Maguire said something along the lines of "I believe this kid is going to tear apart the league this season, scoring possibly 25-30 goals."  I'm not sure I would classify 25-30 goals as tearing the league apart.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Still love the OP - elegant in its simplicity.

Leino wasn't one of Homer's picks, so letting him go was easier, made a no brainer by the no brain offer he got.  Plus, there was no place for him on the current Flyer roster.  Isla's observation is bang on for the Flyers, who have the Philly mentality of impatience to the point of eating their young. 

Sections
Shortcuts