Jan 19 Game day thread Rangers v Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Jan 19 Game day thread Rangers v Bruins

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Wow.  Hamilton in the 3rd period is settling in and looking much more comfortable.

And yes, I am obsessed.  I have him picked for the Calder and a HOF defenseman.  That's quiet a bit I have invested in him.

I found he looked comfortable all game maybe even saved a goal.  He played a simple game and that's what is asked of him.  Good job.

un-sung hero Paille

Thought Hamilton played a steady game.  Keep it simple. Good test against a solid team.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Wow.  Hamilton in the 3rd period is settling in and looking much more comfortable.

And yes, I am obsessed.  I have him picked for the Calder and a HOF defenseman.  That's quiet a bit I have invested in him.

I found he looked comfortable all game maybe even saved a goal.  He played a simple game and that's what is asked of him.  Good job.

un-sung hero Paille

Thought Hamilton played a steady game.  Keep it simple. Good test against a solid team.  

you know that mr d-man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Great Game! PP still needs some work, but I did see everybody in motion compared to standing still. DK got robbed, but that type of play is going to the goalie 98% of the time!If the ref had of called it a goal it may have had a 50-50 chance of counting. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I was really impressed with this team tonight.  Played much better than I expected.

In the meanwhile, if I were a Rangers fan I'd be getting together a lynch mob for Nash.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Hamilton was solid.  Anyone missing Corvo or Zanon or Mottau?

Those 3 were idiots, can't believe how excited so many here got when we picked up Zanon last year.... Get a guy like Vandy if you just need a stay at home, clear the crease guy..... those 3 were schmucks. Corvo was ineffectual. Good on Dougie    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I was really impressed with this team tonight.  Played much better than I expected.

In the meanwhile, if I were a Rangers fan I'd be getting together a lynch mob for Nash.

Nash made some nice plays during the game but played soft overall. He was exactly what I expected.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Watching TO and the Habs. Talk about firewagon hockey. Zero defence...

That's one of the reasons most of us are pleased with tonight's results. Bruins looked locked into their system already...and the offense will only get better. They didn't give the Rangers much to work with. Good start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

So good to see the Krejci line back together. Great way to start the season!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Great game! Finally nice to see some hockey. Too bad Krejci got robbed though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Great Game! PP still needs some work, but I did see everybody in motion compared to standing still. DK got robbed, but that type of play is going to the goalie 98% of the time!If the ref had of called it a goal it may have had a 50-50 chance of counting. 

If the ref called it a goal it would've had a 100% chance of counting. The replay would need to show the puck not crossing the line to overturn and that replay didn't show the puck at all. I was very pleased it made no difference. On another note, is it just me or do players always seem to score a goal on their birthday? Good on Boychuck making it happen tonight. Cheers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I had visions of Lundqvist doing what he's done to the Bruins before; stoning them so this win is especially pleasing against that team.  The Bruins looked engaged and ready to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Looks like the Bruins players who played overseas during the lockout benefited greatly from playing real games and thriving against real competition... If memory serves me right Bruins had the most players go overseas to play of any NHL team .. This team looked like it was in midseason form tonite..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Looks like the Bruins players who played overseas during the lockout benefited greatly from playing real games and thriving against real competition... If memory serves me right Bruins had the most players go overseas to play of any NHL team .. This team looked like it was in midseason form tonite..

I disagree.  It seems to me that it hurt one player - Seguin.  It looked to me that he was thinking he had more time than he did.  My guess is the big ice and the soft play over there gave more time and he got used to it.

Lucic and Horton didn't play and they looked solid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I disagree.  It seems to me that it hurt one player - Seguin.  It looked to me that he was thinking he had more time than he did.  My guess is the big ice and the soft play over there gave more time and he got used to it.

I don't think you have to worry about Seguin.. I didn't think he was that bad.. +2 on the night is pretty good from where I sit..That whole line played real well tonite ..  Krejci, Chara, Bergeron , Seidenberg etc all played over there and they looked real good... I don't think the Bruins would have let Horton go overseas anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't think you have to worry about Seguin.. I didn't think he was that bad.. +2 on the night is pretty good from where I sit..That whole line played real well tonite ..  Krejci, Chara, Bergeron , Seidenberg etc all played over there and they looked real good... I don't think the Bruins would have let Horton go overseas anyway.

I'm not worried about Seguin in the least.  Maybe in the next game or at most another 3 and he'll have it all back together.

The rest, yah, I would agree with you.

I don't think the Bruins had any say whether or not Horton played overseas or not.  During the lockout the players could do whatever they wanted to. 

All that said, I really liked the way Horton looked tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I'm not worried about Seguin in the least.  Maybe in the next game or at most another 3 and he'll have it all back together.

The rest, yah, I would agree with you.

I don't think the Bruins had any say whether or not Horton played overseas or not.  During the lockout the players could do whatever they wanted to. 

All that said, I really liked the way Horton looked tonight.

I was also VERY happy to see Horton back.. If the Bruins are going to go far this season they need this guy in the line up and contributing.. He is the best Bruin sniper on the team . I thought he looked good tonite as well.. Also good to see Lucic throwing his weight around ..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Up 2-1 near the end of the second period, why would the skating clown agree to fight?

And why would the fourth line center follow in his footsteps?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Lot of carping his folks. I'll happily take the win from an impressive performance from the Bs.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Up 2-1 near the end of the second period, why would the skating clown agree to fight?

To change the flow of the game, the Rags were gaining more puck posession and energy up to that point, and had gotten life from that goal. The 2 fights killed all the momentum NY had gained, it worked.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why the heck does Lucic get a 10 minute misconduct talking from the ice and Rupp gets nothing from the bench?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The sequence had Callahan/Campbell jousting after the whistle.  Callahan is chippy player who wasn't going to answer the bell.

Next faceoff, has Halpern jockying for position with Thornton, Rupp taking the draw.  Rupp gets waved out and away he and Thornton go.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115061

It was a physical game and both sides were looking to get an edge, seems like hockey to me.  Thornton closed that emotional edge "door", Bickel opened it back up (opened Campbell up too).  Not sure the 13:35 mark is "near the end" of the period either.

Last night's CLB/NSH game has Shea Weber taking on Jared Boll in a similar game situation as Thornton; 2-1 lead with around 10 minutes left.  Weber also picks up a extra two minutes and the Preds are without there best player for 7 minutes.  CLB scores just after the end of their PP and go on to win 3-2 in a Shoot-out. 

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115064

It's a game of emotion and it's not always a skating clown or a 4th-line center that gets involved in the rough-stuff with a 1 goal lead in the 2nd period. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

- Hamilton kept it simple and played solid. Thank God ! I don't think I could have handled another overdramatic meltdown from .............. 

Watch how this kid keeps his shots low and gets the puck to the net this year. For the most part that his been a strength of his in past play.

- Bruins had a complete turnaround with their defensive coverages compared to when they played the powerhouse PBruins.

- Rask ? Good game. Whew ! Very important for the B's success to get steady play from him and Stanley's new found love this year.

- Very much a team win. I can't really think of one player that stood out from the rest. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Man can Campbell take a punch, he got rocked and more than often when he fights he needs too. Also I felt the Rags initiated the fights more than the Bruins. At least in last nights fight Thornton threw some punches not dancing n holding like he had been last season. I also thought the timing was good for the fights and so did Donnybrook Jack.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

The sequence had Callahan/Campbell jousting after the whistle.  Callahan is chippy player who wasn't going to answer the bell.

Next faceoff, has Halpern jockying for position with Thornton, Rupp taking the draw.  Rupp gets waved out and away he and Thornton go.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115061

It was a physical game and both sides were looking to get an edge, seems like hockey to me.  Thornton closed that emotional edge "door", Bickel opened it back up (opened Campbell up too).  Not sure the 13:35 mark is "near the end" of the period either.

Last night's CLB/NSH game has Shea Weber taking on Jared Boll in a similar game situation as Thornton; 2-1 lead with around 10 minutes left.  Weber also picks up a extra two minutes and the Preds are without there best player for 7 minutes.  CLB scores just after the end of their PP and go on to win 3-2 in a Shoot-out. 

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115064

It's a game of emotion and it's not always a skating clown or a 4th-line center that gets involved in the rough-stuff with a 1 goal lead in the 2nd period. 

That's a great story, Crowls.  Post it on your blog. 

It doesn't answer the question.

13:35 is closer to the end than the beginning.

Sections
Shortcuts