Jan 19 Game day thread Rangers v Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Jan 19 Game day thread Rangers v Bruins

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

The sequence had Callahan/Campbell jousting after the whistle.  Callahan is chippy player who wasn't going to answer the bell.

Next faceoff, has Halpern jockying for position with Thornton, Rupp taking the draw.  Rupp gets waved out and away he and Thornton go.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115061

It was a physical game and both sides were looking to get an edge, seems like hockey to me.  Thornton closed that emotional edge "door", Bickel opened it back up (opened Campbell up too).  Not sure the 13:35 mark is "near the end" of the period either.

Last night's CLB/NSH game has Shea Weber taking on Jared Boll in a similar game situation as Thornton; 2-1 lead with around 10 minutes left.  Weber also picks up a extra two minutes and the Preds are without there best player for 7 minutes.  CLB scores just after the end of their PP and go on to win 3-2 in a Shoot-out. 

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115064

It's a game of emotion and it's not always a skating clown or a 4th-line center that gets involved in the rough-stuff with a 1 goal lead in the 2nd period. 

That's a great story, Crowls.  Post it on your blog. 

It doesn't answer the question.

13:35 is closer to the end than the beginning.

Momentum shifting to NYR, Richards goal at 12:50 makes it 2-1.  I have no problem with Thornton engaging Rupp at that point, surprised that you are having difficulty understanding the emotional element of the game. 

Do you miss out on the emotional aspect of the game with NHL13?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Up 2-1 near the end of the second period, why would the skating clown agree to fight?

And why would the fourth line center follow in his footsteps?

To change the flow of the game, the Rags were gaining more puck posession and energy up to that point, and had gotten life from that goal. The 2 fights killed all the momentum NY had gained, it worked.

maybe the Rags felt they could gain momentum by fighting ?

Anyway I knew NAS would get a kick the minute they started talking, we go , we go LOL. At 3-1 late in the 3rd they were talking again, I bet Thorton felt he didn't need go this time around.  More drama for NAS .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Thornton-Rupp and the fight that preceded ? Like it or not it's the culture of the game today. Why and how it occurred will not change that it will happen again. 

Live with it .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Don't have a problem with Thronton fighting.  If he's gonna be in the lineup, he might as well.  Campbell's fight made no sense and I'm tired of watching him lose.  He should stick to middleweights and/or pick his spots better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Edit : preceded should be followed. This require all fields to be filled out has me stumped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Momentum shifting to NYR, Richards goal at 12:50 makes it 2-1.  I have no problem with Thornton engaging Rupp at that point, surprised that you are having difficulty understanding the emotional element of the game. 

I didn't buy NHL13.  I only buy them once every few years.  I dislike paying $60 for nothing much more than updated rosters.

Yes, the emotional aspect.  If the B's are up, and watching your clown beat up their clown leads to a spike in performance, why would Thornton give the Rangers the opportunity to get back into it?  This seems counter-productive to his role.

Is he like a dog and just doesn't know any better?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm sure that's the case, so why would the B's clown agree to it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Don't have a problem with Thronton fighting.  If he's gonna be in the lineup, he might as well.  Campbell's fight made no sense and I'm tired of watching him lose.  He should stick to middleweights and/or pick his spots better.

Agree Fletch.  Thornton gains the emotional lift, Campbell gives it right back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

- Hamilton kept it simple and played solid. Thank God ! I don't think I could have handled another overdramatic meltdown from .............. 

Watch how this kid keeps his shots low and gets the puck to the net this year. For the most part that his been a strength of his in past play.

- Bruins had a complete turnaround with their defensive coverages compared to when they played the powerhouse PBruins.

- Rask ? Good game. Whew ! Very important for the B's success to get steady play from him and Stanley's new found love this year.

- Very much a team win. I can't really think of one player that stood out from the rest. 

I can't believe I agree with everthing you wrote here LOL ; )

I remember (screaming at my TV) when Wideman and Corvo try to make holes in the net taking blasts from the point that either got blocked because of their wind-up or went wide of the net. Hamilton's shots are made to hit the net, good for trafffic and tips. Some will sneak through and almost did in the 3rd.

BUT I'm not trying to hoot his horn too much otherwise someone here will think he'll score 15 this year and be given rookie of the year honors

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

- Hamilton kept it simple and played solid. Thank God ! I don't think I could have handled another overdramatic meltdown from .............. 

Watch how this kid keeps his shots low and gets the puck to the net this year. For the most part that his been a strength of his in past play.

- Bruins had a complete turnaround with their defensive coverages compared to when they played the powerhouse PBruins.

- Rask ? Good game. Whew ! Very important for the B's success to get steady play from him and Stanley's new found love this year.

- Very much a team win. I can't really think of one player that stood out from the rest. 

I can't believe I agree with everthing you wrote here LOL ; )

I remember (screaming at my TV) when Wideman and Corvo try to make holes in the net taking blasts from the point that either got blocked because of their wind-up or went wide of the net. Hamilton's shots are made to hit the net, good for trafffic and tips. Some will sneak through and almost did in the 3rd.

BUT I'm not trying to hoot his horn too much otherwise someone here will think he'll score 15 this year and be given rookie of the year honors

Me neither.

Something I wrote must be wrong.

P.S. Quit screaming at the tv, it won't answer back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm sure that's the case, so why would the B's clown agree to it?

that's what I took from it, the Rags wanting to lure the Bruins that way. What if Thorton would have disagreed ?  You know he has a rep to keep.

Actually I wish when Rupp was going down Thornton would have punched instead of keeping "the code ".  Terry would have continued punding him.  Rupp deserves that .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I didn't buy NHL13.  I only buy them once every few years.  I dislike paying $60 for nothing much more than updated rosters.

Yes, the emotional aspect.  If the B's are up, and watching your clown beat up their clown leads to a spike in performance, why would Thornton give the Rangers the opportunity to get back into it?  This seems counter-productive to his role.

Is he like a dog and just doesn't know any better?

Momentum is different than score.  Rangers just scored to cut it to 2-1, momentum on their side.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I know where you're coming from!  What might even be worse is an over dramatic meltdown in reaction to an overdramatic meltdown.

What I thought I saw from Hamilton was steady and conservative in the 1st period and then started to get more comfortable and poised as the game went on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Momentum is different than score.  Rangers just scored to cut it to 2-1, momentum on their side.

Okay, so then why would Rupp agree to clown it up? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hamilton looked good to me.  Very good first game.

Better than the WJC...;)

I just don't have the dignity not to..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[/QUOTE]

He thought he would win.  He usually beats Thronton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Who knows, Rupps mistake. The Rags got back into the game with a goal, had the momentum and were carrying the play. Rupp decided to add a fight into it to really take the steam out of the B's and Thornton obliged. Bad decision by Rupp, wrong time by Rupp and i'm sure Tortorella knew it. On the other hand maybe Shawn asked Rupp to go and Rupp said yes, again bad decision by Rupp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The sequence had Callahan/Campbell jousting after the whistle.  Callahan is chippy player who wasn't going to answer the bell.

Next faceoff, has Halpern jockying for position with Thornton, Rupp taking the draw.  Rupp gets waved out and away he and Thornton go.

It was a physical game and both sides were looking to get an edge, seems like hockey to me.  Thornton closed that emotional edge "door", Bickel opened it back up (opened Campbell up too).  Not sure the 13:35 mark is "near the end" of the period either.

Last night's CLB/NSH game has Shea Weber taking on Jared Boll in a similar game situation as Thornton; 2-1 lead with around 10 minutes left.  Weber also picks up a extra two minutes and the Preds are without there best player for 7 minutes.  CLB scores just after the end of their PP and go on to win 3-2 in a Shoot-out. 

It's a game of emotion and it's not always a skating clown or a 4th-line center that gets involved in the rough-stuff with a 1 goal lead in the 2nd period. 

Great news! NAS made up the term "skating clown" so now we have to put up with another season of stupid posts just so he can write it over and over again. Thornton played his role perfectly in that situation with Rupp. Save your whining for a real team issue. Don't just do it every time ST gets in a fight or has too many shifts late in a game. Crowls provided a more than solid answer to your question and as per your M.O., you've changed the question to something else. You don't like ST. We get that. I'm not a big fan of his either but I don't need to update everyone on my hatred after every game. You don't need to either. We all know it's there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Great news! NAS made up the term "skating clown" so now we have to put up with another season of stupid posts just so he can write it over and over again. Thornton played his role perfectly in that situation with Rupp. Save your whining for a real team issue. Don't just do it every time ST gets in a fight or has too many shifts late in a game. Crowls provided a more than solid answer to your question and as per your M.O., you've changed the question to something else. You don't like ST. We get that. I'm not a big fan of his either but I don't need to update everyone on my hatred after every game. You don't need to either. We all know it's there.

This is all you have to know about Thornton. I watched a few of the hockey re-cap shows and ALL of the talking heads love Thornton and said he brings to the B's what every team needs. NAS doesn't agree, i get that, but i too don't need to hear after every game. I understand already, NAS doesn't like Thornton. I knew that 2 seasons ago.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Up 2-1 near the end of the second period, why would the skating clown agree to fight?

And why would the fourth line center follow in his footsteps?

OH good Lord NAS...Give it a rest! Seriously, that was the perfect time to go! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't care what anybody thinks. I like Thornton & think he does a great job playing his role & is one of the best in the business. I hope we re-signs, because unlike the Jon Scott's he has some skill! 

Sections
Shortcuts