JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS, 2010 NO SAINTS, 2011 BRUINS +1980 US HOCKEY TEAM!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS, 2010 NO SAINTS, 2011 BRUINS +1980 US HOCKEY TEAM!

yep yep i know i was carrying the torch for my gal solo and wambach just a few days ago but facts are facts. cant believe how great japan was and how much i had stupidly ignored them. first they beat the germans who were the faves to win it all on their home spoil of germany. then they beat sweden. i digress, but what a hot final sweden and the US would have been. the only remotely hot japanese gal was the one who made the last penalty kick. then they beat the yankees of the tournament, the ultimate overdog in the US who had beaten them 22 times and tied in the other 3. they had never beaten the yanks! had the japs been the americans, espn would call this the GREATEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS! what the us did to brazil in the quarterfinals, they did to us in the finals with all the lights on and all the marbles on the table. outmanned, outguned, one man down and still they found a way! lets face it, this US squad was the russians in 1980 and japan were the US!

they are like the underdog 2004 sox by how we came bak against the mighty yanks, like the pats due to how the tsunami disaster was similar to how the nation's pride came together by an underdog team bleeding PATRIOTism won it all in the super bowl. like the underdog bruins by how they refused to quit and how the unknown less flashy goalie picked the perfect stretch of games to shine at her best! solo today was luongo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS!

Posted this in 4 different forums, huh?  I am sure the response will be overwhelming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

once again, nobody here cares to talk about this. this is a hockey forum, go somewhere else to talk about this. we didn't care the first time, we don't care now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Incredible. He posts about girls soccer, now he posts about the team that beat US girls soccer.

Its a hockey forum. No one cares.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I play and watch soccer but it's just not the place . There is a forum for soccer.
    Sox 2001 ?  Pats ?  and Japan ????  really !  no compartison's whats-so-ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

Posting to pile on this dumbasz myself. Commie has the weakest threads on every board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS! : The kid is just starved for attention.  Unreal.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]king, not everyone checks out all 54 forums. i thought this was a valid comparison in different ways. its a great human and sports story. its an analogy. of course it belongs on this board and others. some of u are so parochial, others are broader. this doesnt appeal to the tea party wing of this forum.. sorry! it appeals to the more cosmopolitan amongst us. we get a vote as well! check out this reality:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS! : king, not everyone checks out all 54 forums. i thought this was a valid comparison in different ways. its a great human and sports story. its an analogy. of course it belongs on this board and others. some of u are so parochial, others are broader. this doesnt appeal to the tea party wing of this forum.. sorry! it appeals to the more cosmopolitan amongst us. we get a vote as well! check out this reality: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21121256/womens-world-cup-sets-twitter-record
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

i love soccer. i watched this game. i still don't care what you have to say about it, which is why i don't visit the soccer forum. to compare it to the bruins stanley cup championship is an insult to hockey, the stanley cup, and the bruins, especially considering japan really didn't do a thing to win, the US just absolutely choked and handed them the game. now go away, nobody is interested in what you have to say.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS, 2011 BRUINS +1980 US HOCKEY TEAM!

Hockey Forum.

If you want soccer, go to the soccer forum.  (not complicated)

Its not parochial. Its not non-cosmopolitan (although soccer fans tend to be wannabe Euro-weenies).

No one cares here.

Take it someplace where they do.

Oy, my head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

PS:

2004 Sox- World Champions
    2001 Pats- World Champions
    1980 Hockey- Gold medal Winners

Soccer Girls- LOST to a team they apparently were enormous favorites over, beat, what, 26 times in a row? Second Place.  Fail.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS, 2011 BRUINS +1980 US HOCKEY TEAM!:
    [QUOTE]Hockey Forum. If you want soccer, go to the soccer forum.  (not complicated) Its not parochial. Its not non-cosmopolitan (although soccer fans tend to be wannabe Euro-weenies). No one cares here. Take it someplace where they do. Oy, my head.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]wannabe euros? how about africans, latinos, asians, only 4/5 of the freakin universe!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

haven't answered my point. what on earth was special about that victory? they didn't do anything. the US simply choked

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]haven't answered my point. what on earth was special about that victory? they didn't do anything. the US simply choked
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]
    i disagree! thats y i said its like the Us-russia or even finland-us in 1980. so did the russians choke as well and the us in 80 just capitalize? or the rams in 01 and ats capitalie or vancouver and bruins capitalize. one can always pull out the choke card against any favorite and make ur point. i saw a resilient japanese team that wouldnt quit and had no pressure like that 1980 hockey team. playing with house money plus the tsunami thing. both goals were caused by the pressure of speed and tenacity. us had to make quick clearings with others right on their backs and zone. not easy even in hockey. the tying goal in overtime was on a header in traffic. i think japs moe WON it than the us lost it! give them credit. same with penalty kicks. their goalie stopped the first 2 out of 3. solo barely missed a big one but it was well-placed. their goalie was the tim thomas and played more out of her mind and solo was more luongo. not bad but not as great as her opponent.

sometimes a team just loses. thats y you play the game. thats y i love sports, watching and playing. you just never know. US didnt choke, i say they ran out of time. the gods just werent on their side that day. i think it was more about japan wanting it more, having more intangible leverage and going out and winning it than the US just choking and losing it or giving it away. give them some credit too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS, 2011 BRUINS +1980 US HOCKEY TEAM!:
    [QUOTE]yep yep i know i was carrying the torch for my gal solo and wambach just a few days ago but facts are facts. cant believe how great japan was and how much i had stupidly ignored them. first they beat the germans who were the faves to win it all on their home spoil of germany. then they beat sweden. i digress, but what a hot final sweden and the US would have been. the only remotely hot japanese gal was the one who made the last penalty kick. then they beat the yankees of the tournament, the ultimate overdog in the US who had beaten them 22 times and tied in the other 3. they had never beaten the yanks! had the japs been the americans, espn would call this the GREATEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS! what the us did to brazil in the quarterfinals, they did to us in the finals with all the lights on and all the marbles on the table. outmanned, outguned, one man down and still they found a way! lets face it, this US squad was the russians in 1980 and japan were the US! they are like the underdog 2004 sox by how we came bak against the mighty yanks, like the pats due to how the tsunami disaster was similar to how the nation's pride came together by an underdog team bleeding PATRIOTism won it all in the super bowl. like the underdog bruins by how they refused to quit and how the unknown less flashy goalie picked the perfect stretch of games to shine at her best! solo today was luongo!

Great game, but its Womens Soccer or Fuhtbol or whatever. Title 9 has destroyed this country!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS +2011 BRUINS! : i disagree! thats y i said its like the Us-russia or even finland-us in 1980. so did the russians choke as well and the us in 80 just capitalize? or the rams in 01 and ats capitalie or vancouver and bruins capitalize. one can always pull out the choke card against any favorite and make ur point. i saw a resilient japanese team that wouldnt quit and had no pressure like that 1980 hockey team. playing with house money plus the tsunami thing. both goals were caused by the pressure of speed and tenacity. us had to make quick clearings with others right on their backs and zone. not easy even in hockey. the tying goal in overtime was on a header in traffic. i think japs moe WON it than the us lost it! give them credit. same with penalty kicks. their goalie stopped the first 2 out of 3. solo barely missed a big one but it was well-placed. their goalie was the tim thomas and played more out of her mind and solo was more luongo. not bad but not as great as her opponent. sometimes a team just loses. thats y you play the game. thats y i love sports, watching and playing. you just never know. US didnt choke, i say they ran out of time. the gods just werent on their side that day. i think it was more about japan wanting it more, having more intangible leverage and going out and winning it than the US just choking and losing it or giving it away. give them some credit too!

this may be the stupidest thing that has ever been written on this board. ummm no, the russians didn't choke, the US played their hearts out and then Jimmy Craig stood on his head. 2001? really? brady just showed that he was the best QB in the game, and that bill was a genius. did you watch that game? 2004 sox? ya, there was a choke there. 2011 bruins? shut up. you are just worthless. as for the womens soccer, ya they blew it, plain and simple. oh, and if they were 2 1/2 to 1 favorites, the russians were probably 2500 to 1 favorites. if that was a miracle, japans win was a trick as complicated as flipping a coin. the US floated PKs over the net, blasted shots from about the 6 over the net with barely a minute left in extra time, and stumbled over their feet in their own box. ya, they blew it. I now realize that you just read stories about games and don't watch them, so your opinion is worthless

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@Communist-Contrarian...

It is a little difficult to see your picture - is that Ellen Degeneres?

;^)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS, 2011 BRUINS +1980 US HOCKEY TEAM!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to JAPAN=2004 SOX, 2001 PATS, 2011 BRUINS +1980 US HOCKEY TEAM! : Great game, but its Womens Soccer or Fuhtbol or whatever. Title 9 has destroyed this country!
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]
    U REALLY believe that title 9 has destroyed ths country? y is it only things that arent done specifically for the welfare of white males, the things that are somehow bad for this country? women are 51% of the freakin population. you have tons of women now motivated and confident to competitvely pursue life and sports because of it and free of the ball and chain of ur kind and of course u think thats such a badd thing eh..

strong, athletics-based women is a great thing for any society! you had the top male atthletes and leaders of this society all rooting openly and on twitter for these gals. it broke world-wide records the men dont even come close to and its a bad thing? yep, we should only cheer for the sports participated in by the 49% of the population while ignoring the contributions of the MAJORITY. that makes us a better country? how? 

Sections
Shortcuts