Jay Pandolfo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Jay Pandolfo

Time to put him back in the press box and get another player via trade. There is no offense to his game at all. Shawn Thornton is more of an offensive threat than him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Jay Pandolfo

Jay Pan-awful

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Time to put him back in the press box and get another player via trade. There is no offense to his game at all. Shawn Thornton is more of an offensive threat than him.

Yes they have to have something better then him if not they got issues

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pandolfo is what he is and that is not very good. With his age and speed I didn't expect much other then to kill penalties. The problem now is Kelly is injured and DK status up in the air.They will go into another direction hopefully soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

JP is a bandaid to help the 3rd line and is doing what he has to do to help. PC knows he has to fix this and the PP and has the cap to do it. If a player can help from the PBruins he will, but PC wiil do what he has to do to make us a contender.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Best days are behind him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I didn't mind the idea of him as the 13th forward but he has no business playing in the Bruins top 9. In an ideal world Caron should've been the 13th forward. Time to see if Boston has any organizational depth. I hope Spooner gets another chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I didn't mind the idea of him as the 13th forward but he has no business playing in the Bruins top 9. In an ideal world Caron should've been the 13th forward. Time to see if Boston has any organizational depth. I hope Spooner gets another chance.

A test for that is coming up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Perfectly said. Who knows maybe someone coming up from Providence who is an offensive player like Spooner, and getting an actual chance to play on an offensive line might work out. I for one would like to see it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yesterday there was play in the 3rd,  the puck squirts past his own blueline, it looked like Pandolfo would take off alone or at least create an odd man rush,  instead his feet were moving but he was stuck at the same spot and the Cap player got to the puck first.

This is when it dawned on me he's done !  Not even as a 13th forward,  he should just hang them up . If he must stay then maybe 14-15th and that is as a last , desperate resort.

Pandolfo just cannot help the Bruins, he is and has been the worst Bruin on the ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Move Paille and Campbell up with Pevs and give Caron and Pandolfo 4th line time...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

JP is a bandaid to help the 3rd line and is doing what he has to do to help. PC knows he has to fix this and the PP and has the cap to do it. If a player can help from the PBruins he will, but PC wiil do what he has to do to make us a contender.

Like last season? Brian "out of shape" Rolston, Greg Zanon, and Mike Motteau sure were the missing links to the promised land!!! Bottom of the barrel....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to brunod's comment:

Like last season? Brian "out of shape" Rolston, Greg Zanon, and Mike Motteau sure were the missing links to the promised land!!! Bottom of the barrel....

I actually didn't mind the Rolston aquisition last year.  At least he was noticeable on the ice and actually chipped in with the odd goal. Pandolfo looks washed up and is nowhere near the player he was when he was a big part of the Devil's cup teams in 2000 and 2003.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

I actually didn't mind the Rolston aquisition last year.  At least he was noticeable on the ice and actually chipped in with the odd goal. Pandolfo looks washed up and is nowhere near the player he was when he was a big part of the Devil's cup teams in 2000 and 2003.

No disagreement from me there. The only issues I had with Rolsten were that he came to Boston completely out of shape and he was the sole forward pickup for PC, meaning we did not have an adequete replacement for Horton down the stretch and into the playoffs.

As for Pandolfo, as Legion points out he was supposed to be a 13th forward doing spot duty, not playing regular shifts on the third line. This is simply a sad display of lack of organizational depth. But, since the team was winning games against bottomfeeders like Florida and Washington everyone could ignore this issue. The game yesterday, I hope, brought a few people back to reality.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

These are such innovative comments. Pandolfo came into camp on a tryout, and has been effective when used to kill penalties which is more than Thornton has ever done. Yes he is older, slower than the bruins should have, but let's do it the right way. Get rid of Thornton, and replace him with a full time skilled player to make that a full scale line. With Kreji out , the solution becomes more challenging. Normally it would have been Kelly; so now , just maybe, it's Campbell because you need a center who knows Claude's style to start with, and it's easier to have someone from Providence fill in for Campbell. Paille is Ok on the wing and should be working with Peverly and Caron. If you move Campbell and Paille, then you bring up a line from Providence because you need two fill-iis. Pandolfo, because of his defensive PK smarts could work with them, whereas unskilled thorny would become a bigger drag.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Rolston did quite well when he got it going here. I didn't mind it at all. I liked what he brought to the game.

Would you be working your butt off to be in shape when you were on the Islanders last year? They were just plain awful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Rolston did quite well when he got it going here. I didn't mind it at all. I liked what he brought to the game.

Would you be working your butt off to be in shape when you were on the Islanders last year? They were just plain awful.

Its called being a professional....and yes, he was decent eventually, but obviously not considered good enough to be re-signed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Whiners

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Whiners

Seems harsh yet fair somehow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Its called being a professional....and yes, he was decent eventually, but obviously not considered good enough to be re-signed.

Decent? He lit it up in the last 10 games or so of the season. Not to mention it's not even so much his conditioning that I saw being the problem. Chemistry doens't usually happen immediately.

So is it unprofessional when a team that is already in the playoffs coasts? What's the point of working your tail off for a team that failed the whole year and had no chance at making it? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pandolfo has no legs left, just done. Send him back to Burlington.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Pandolfo has no legs left, just done. Send him back to Burlington.

Agree but they won't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Decent? He lit it up in the last 10 games or so of the season. Not to mention it's not even so much his conditioning that I saw being the problem. Chemistry doens't usually happen immediately.

Rolston had three goals in 21 regular season games.  Nothing decent about that.  He had a stretch when he had some assists in consecutive games.  Big whoop.

Chiarelli adding Rolston, Mottau and Zanon at the deadline was a slap in the face to all of us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chiarelli adding Rolston, Mottau and Zanon at the deadline last year should mean that the rest of this thread is no surprise.  They made no big deals because they didn't have the organizational depth to make big deals - I mean, really, who were they going to get to play first line RW?  Look back at the February trades:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=70000

See anyone on that list who would have made you say "YES! Finally!  Someone to replace Horton!"  There's one - Jeff Carter - and I don't know if even Hamilton would have secured him because Jack Johnson was a ready-made #1 for Columbus.  The only other guy there where I see a price the Bruins could have payed and a player they might have used is Oduya for a 2 and 3.  But they didn't lose to the Caps because they didn't have Johnny Oduya.

The Bruins haven't had "organizational depth" for years now.  It's a consequence of two things: draft picks not developing and the ones that do develop jumping into the Boston lineup.  The closest they've come to the kind of depth that lets you make big, splashy deadline moves that don't take away from your roster was when they shipped Colborne and a first out for Kaberle.  And that left the cupboard pretty much bare.

Next year?  They might have the beginning of depth though it will depend on what Chiarelli does this year.  Spooner, Khokhlachev, Camara, Seth Griffith, Svedberg, Subban - all are genuine prospects to one degree or another.  If Knight ever gets on the ice, and if Krug continues to grow in Providence, that's two more.  How many of them can step into an NHL lineup as a fill in next year, I don't know.  But I think this looks like a major upgrade on Mr. Glass Sauve, Tardif, Bourque and Pandolfo, and that's a step in the right direction.  At very least, they're attractive enough as prospects that no one will laugh in your face when you suggest they have value in trades - unless you propose Griffith and a 5th for Iginla. Then, what do you expect? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree with this.

Pandopho as the 13th FWD getting the odd game to cover maintenance days makes sense.  Anything beyond that does not.  I am sure PC is on it.

Sections
Shortcuts