Jay Pandolfo....are you kidding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Jay Pandolfo....are you kidding

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I thought Pandolfo played fine tonight on the fourth line.  He was full of hustle, played well defensively, didn't cost the team on the scoreboard and slammed some bodies.

Can't ask for much more from that spot.

Assuming Lucic is back for the next game, it's going to be tough for Pandolfo to crack the line up. I know people will say Bourque, who I think played his best game tonight, but why not sit Thornton and put Pandolfo in there? He can kill penalties and is smart with the puck. Since Thornton has come back he's not even physical.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Assuming Lucic is back for the next game, it's going to be tough for Pandolfo to crack the line up. I know people will say Bourque, who I think played his best game tonight, but why not sit Thornton and put Pandolfo in there? He can kill penalties and is smart with the puck. Since Thornton has come back he's not even physical.

With Bourque's play the last two games, I don't think he's a candidate for the press box right now...even if the fans have a say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...and when Lucic comes back, Pandolfo goes right back into a suit. So, it's actually a perfect scenario. A cagey vet who can fill in on the bottom 6 when needed. They're not stunting some kid's growth by having him waste away in the press box, and JP is enough of a pro to come in when asked and do what is required with no issues.

Although it isn't a sexy move, it is obviously proving to be another very astute signing by Chiarelli. Pandolfo did fine in his 7 minutes of TOI. some solid forchecking and defensive play. He wasn't a hindrance to whatever transition was being generated by the 4th line.

And, if anyone (actually, one poster who has flat out lost his mind) thinks Tardif is better, then they really just don't watch or comprehend much hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

For sure !  I would not sit Bourque, Pandolfo was invisible .  Little Bourque does a good job on the PK whne asked.

Thorton on the other hand since his fight and KO has not been effective at all.  I'll also add the Bruins the last 3 games seemed to be outhit (without looking at that stat because it's totally flawed IMO especially when you're on the road) with no push back.  Let's hope when Lucic comes back that tide will turn , he was the leader in hits the past couple games he played,  at least hits that meant something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I hope we dont see him back in the line up for a while ...its a shame for a team like the BRUINS to have one of the worst player in the NHL on our roster ...my friends here in Montreal were making fun of me this AM ...for having sucj a player ...saying if you have nothing better in Providence you guys are in trouble for many years to come....and to tell you the truth I must agree with them ...

TERRIBLE 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

For sure !  I would not sit Bourque, Pandolfo was invisible .  Little Bourque does a good job on the PK whne asked.

Thorton on the other hand since his fight and KO has not been effective at all.  I'll also add the Bruins the last 3 games seemed to be outhit (without looking at that stat because it's totally flawed IMO especially when you're on the road) with no push back.  Let's hope when Lucic comes back that tide will turn , he was the leader in hits the past couple games he played,  at least hits that meant something.

BsL, I guess I can assume you meant on the PP because Bourque hasn't been on the ice for even one second of PK time so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I can't believe how much complaining I'm seeing on this board about the depth roster fill ins, especially regarding a 9-2-2 team. Pandolpho looked fine for his role, and Bourque despite the lack of point production is a better option than about half of the Jets' starting 12. How is it possible that I see more complaining about roster depth on this board than I do on my Jets' board? Bourque has one point less and a better plus minus than the Peg's first line centre for chrissake. Get some perspective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I can't believe how much complaining I'm seeing on this board about the depth roster fill ins, especially regarding a 9-2-2 team. Pandolpho looked fine for his role, and Bourque despite the lack of point production is a better option than about half of the Jets' starting 12. How is it possible that I see more complaining about roster depth on this board than I do on my Jets' board? Bourque has one point less and a better plus minus than the Peg's first line centre for chrissake. Get some perspective.

Red, PC might as well throw in the towel if he starts using the Jets as a guage for his expectations for the Bruins. One team was expected to compete for a playoff spot. The other is expected to have a chance for the Cup. Obviously, much more is expected in Boston. Winning does that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I was just thinking the same thing. Every single discussion eventually disintegrates into name calling and hardheadedness. Used to be we could have a healthy debate and move on...but now it's just reading a bunch of grown adults yelling at nobody.

I can understand why folks aren't happy with the depth on this team. We watched the Bs struggle mightily last year, then bust out as by far the most dominant team in the league for a long stretch, only to fizzle in the playoffs due to, among other things, a lack of PP scoring and inability to recover from a few injuries. Key injuries, but nonetheless...

Cheering for the Bruins these days has become the same as cheering for the Patriots. It becomes less and less fun to chat because nobody wants to look at what's right in front of them, but instead project out what it takes to win playoff games. Reality is none of the teams right now will be the same come playoff time, so it's a useless discussion.

So in the meantime we all whine and moan that Bourque isn't Morrow, and Chara isn't hitting the crud out of everything that moves like he would in a playoff series. I wouldn't mind it so much if people could just relax, make their point and move on instead of trying to get someone else to think the way they do. This isn't high school debate, it's a discussion forum. People forget the discussion part. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Red, PC might as well throw in the towel if he starts using the Jets as a guage for his expectations for the Bruins. One team was expected to compete for a playoff spot. The other is expected to have a chance for the Cup. Obviously, much more is expected in Boston. Winning does that.

I get that, but people are still going over the top - calling some of the Bruins players "The worst player in the league"? Let me introduce you to James Wright, Eric Tangradi, Chris Thorburn, Jim Slater, Kyle Wellwood, Jim Slater and almost everyone else in that damn lineup after the top four forwards and first defensive pair. I get that Bruins fans expect a lot, and we should - but the flaming rhetoric and over the top "the sky is falling" sort of reasoning about having to skate Bourque or Pandolpho in the lineup, just makes people look silly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

You must admit there's a lot of negativity on this board for a 9-2-2 team.  The Bruins were probably one loss away from "fire CJ/PC" threads.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Umm Red....isn't Brian Little their first line center and Jokinen anchoring the second? Little is light years ahead of Bourque in both points and +/-. Even if you are referring to Antropov, Nik still has more points and a better +/-. I am not sure who you are referring to here. Just sayin....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Umm Red....isn't Brian Little their first line center and Jokinen anchoring the second? Both are light years ahead of Bourque in both points and +/-. Even if you are referring to Antropov, Nik still has more points and a better +/-. I am not sure who you are referring to here. Just sayin....

Noel's been moving those two around like ping pong balls - and no Jokinen is not light years ahead of Bourque - not this season, he's got 4 points and is -6, (Bourque is 3 pts. and -4) and has been a constant liabiity this season. To call him mediocre this year would be very kind.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Noel's been moving those two around like ping pong balls - and no Jokinen is not light years ahead of Bourque - not this season, he's got 4 points and is -6, and has been a constant liabiity this season. He may be better but certainly not by light years. To call him mediocre this year would be very kind.

Agree about Jokinen (for now) but you have to admit Little is the first line center on that team and he is not currently playing  like a third liner.

Has Tangradi played yet? There were such high hopes for him in Pittsburgh but obviously he could not seize the opportunity there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I gotta agree with some degree with red on this, dez.  Pandolfo is just a fill in.  I doubt we're going to see him again when the gang's all healthy.  The only question it rasies for me: why isn't Caron taking that role that Pandolfo is playing?  Obviously, there's a CJ connection here from the NJD days

I'm not privy to watching the P-Bruins, but a guy like Sauve has been toiling there for 3 seasons.  I'd like to see what they can do.  And when you're down a 4th liner, it's a shot to bring someone up for a game or 2.

Ipot, I agree with everything you've said so I think there's something being lost in the translation. I actually went on record saying I have no problem with the Pandalfo signing. I also would really like to see Bourque become a player that is consistently harder to play against and I'd actually prefer to see him get top 6 ice time. His skill set doesn't translate to a checking role. Regarding Sauve, I've been calling for him to get a shot ever since he was clearly the best forward in the Bos-Prov game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Agree about Jokinen (for now) but you have to admit Little is the first line center on that team and he is not currently playing  like a third liner.

Has Tangradi played yet? There were such high hopes for him in Pittsburgh but obviously he could not seize the opportunity there.

Little is a natural RW and the point in bringing in Jokinen was for him to slot into the first and move Little back to RW. But Noel's had to keep juggling the lines because of Jokinen's substandard play, so currently Little has been moved back out of position and into the centre slot again.

As for Tangradi, he's suited up in haf the Jets games and has been in the press box for the rest. When he does play, you'd never be able to tell.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

You must admit there's a lot of negativity on this board for a 9-2-2 team.  The Bruins were probably one loss away from "fire CJ/PC" threads.

GNB, you'll get no argument about that from me. Don't forget there were some "Fire CJ" threads that popped up after each loss in the 2011 Finals. The negativity amongst the fanbase knows no bounds.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Montreal is now 3 points ahead of us...Bruins went from 1st to 5th in the Conference its not acceptable..this is a short season and PC needs to make a move quicky ...Cam Neely need to talk to PC. ..lets not wait until we fall out of a playoffs spot.....I would take Jamie Tardif 10 times before Jay Pandolfo...I saw Tardif at the Bell Center whe the B's won 2-1 and he works hard , he forced a penalty and only played 5 mins ...did not really get a chance just like Spooner....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Montreal is now 3 points ahead of us...Bruins went from 1st to 5th in the Conference its not acceptable..this is a short season and PC needs to make a move quicky ...Cam Neely need to talk to PC. ..lets not wait until we fall out of a playoffs spot.....I would take Jamie Tardif 10 times before Jay Pandolfo...I saw Tardif at the Bell Center whe the B's won 2-1 and he works hard , he forced a penalty and only played 5 mins ...did not really get a chance just like Spooner....

is this serious? oh no montreal is 3 points ahead= bruins have 3 games in hand! 1st to 5th is not acceptable = bruins have played the least amount of games 13 in eastern conference. this is a short season= as if chiarelli didnt know that. neely needs to talk to charelli= as if they dont talk. lets not wait until we fall out of playoff spot= 20 points in 13 games yep good chance that the bruins wont make top 8 teams. tardif over pandolfo=  seriously did pandolfo beat u up in high school or something? who cares are u worried about the 4 th line wing spot. u saw tardif at the bell center=  great we get it u went to a bruins away game congrats! tardif is a non factor a career ahler. pandolfo is a better smarter player period!

Sections
Shortcuts