Jeff Carter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

Jeff Carter

Does two mediocre prospects and a first/second get it done? Strong skater, physical wing/center, and can score. Not to mention is good in terms of plus/minus.

My predicted value:
    Spooner, Caron, and our first or second for Carter.

Lucic Krejci Carter
    Marchand Bergeron Seguin

If Seguin out plays Carter, he can move up. Just think Carter's scoring ability will help on the wing and he is a right shot something this line-up is lacking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Jeff Carter

With that contract? A cap hit of $5,272,727 for 10 more years? No thank you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Banish the thought, 1025.

He would contribute as much here as he did in Columbus.

Why is everyone on this board making the Bruins the contract dumping ground for the Blue Jackets? What's in it for Jeremy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Carter:
    [QUOTE]Banish the thought, 1025. He would contribute as much here as he did in Columbus. Why is everyone on this board making the Bruins the contract dumping ground for the Blue Jackets? What's in it for Jeremy?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Good player, heck of a shot, could do some damage on a top line, but I'll pass..He'll come here play a few then be on the shelf with a foot injury or something. For that money, I'd want to be more sure. Philly turned him down straight up for Kessel, bet they'd like to re-visit that one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

Yeah the contract maybe ugly but if he can produce the numbers that he did in Philly a 27-33 year old power wing that scores 25-40 goals with a double digit plus/minus in the positive, deserves that type of money. I think risking two prospects or so and a pick is more than worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Carter was traded for Voracek and Couterier.

So im thinking value wise it would be more like Hamilton and Peverley/Kelly + 2nd or Hamilton/Marchand.

OP is way off value wise, CBJ would not embarass themselves by taking back 1/2 of the return they gave up to get Carter.

Though he would look GREAT with seguin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Jeff Carter. You mean the injury prone guy with the BRUTAL contract???  No way.... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Caron and Spooner plus a 1st is fair value for Carter.  His value is not what it was when he was traded to Columbus.

If he's healthy and turns back into the player he can be, his contract is a complete bargain in today's NHL.  He was a complete sniper in Philly. Would you rather have Ryder at 4.25, or Carter at 5.25...assuming both are healthy?

On a side note, is his contract really for 10 more years?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Caron and Spooner plus a 1st is fair value for Carter.  His value is not what it was when he was traded to Columbus. If he's healthy and turns back into the player he can be, his contract is a complete bargain in today's NHL.  He was a complete sniper in Philly. Would you rather have Ryder at 4.25, or Carter at 5.25...assuming both are healthy? On a side note, is his contract really for 10 more years?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Yep, he's signed until the summer of 2022. I honestly think this will turn into a Yashin contract. I wouldn't touch it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

caron looked better against the wild.  well, at least the first 2 periods.  can't watch them 3rds anymore. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I would take a chance on Carter, its not like he's already 35 years old.  This guy can shoot the puck.  If you can get him for Caron and a 1st or 2nd in 2013, I say why not...what a huge upgrade he is over Caron.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I would take a chance on Carter, its not like he's already 35 years old.  This guy can shoot the puck.  If you can get him for Caron and a 1st or 2nd in 2013, I say why not...what a huge upgrade he is over Caron.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

I honestly think he'll crater even further next season, and then we're stuck with a $5.2 million player for the next ten years in the minors, or buyout that we have to suck up for the next 20. No thank you.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Holy smokes people.....10 more years !!!  At almost 5.3 mil.

Doesn't it strike most here... that 10 years "could" be a huge problem at some point.  

And in Feb 10, some thought Ryder was the end of the world cuz he had a year and a half left on his cap hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Carter to Boston is like saying Gomez to Montreal.... I will pass on that contract!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

No to Carter on every level. His contract is too long. He is injured a lot. He is not good in the locker room. I live in Pennsylvania and I get, unfortunately, a ton of Flyers coverage. His teammates couldn't stand him. He is a very selfish player and he really isn't that physical of a player. He is kinda soft. Not worth the money or term 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Ryder's having a good year. I'd take him back at this moment
    [QUOTE]Holy smokes people.....10 more years !!!  At almost 5.3 mil. Doesn't it strike most here... that 10 years "could" be a huge problem at some point.   And in Feb 10, some thought Ryder was the end of the world cuz he had a year and a half left on his cap hit.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

In Response to Jeff Carter:
    [QUOTE]Does two mediocre prospects and a first/second get it done? Strong skater, physical wing/center, and can score. Not to mention is good in terms of plus/minus. My predicted value: Spooner, Caron, and our first or second for Carter. Lucic Krejci Carter Marchand Bergeron Seguin If Seguin out plays Carter, he can move up. Just think Carter's scoring ability will help on the wing and he is a right shot something this line-up is lacking.
    Posted by Bostonman1025[/QUOTE]

No way ...his contract doesnt make sense ..and why did the Flyers trade him and now the Blue Jackets ???  And by the way the B's do not have a 2nd round pick in 2012 ...we gave it to Ottawa for Chris Kelly ....Bruins should concentrate on getting players like Ruutu or maybe a trade with the Ducks for Bobby Ryan ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jeff Carter : No way ...his contract doesnt make sense ..and why did the Flyers trade him and now the Blue Jackets ???  And by the way the B's do not have a 2nd round pick in 2012 ...we gave it to Ottawa for Chris Kelly ....Bruins should concentrate on getting players like Ruutu or maybe a trade with the Ducks for Bobby Ryan .. Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012[/QUOTE]

Stanley, you're still my choice as next GM of the Bruins despite your mistake prone posts and Gawd awful trade ideas.

Boston Bruins acquireDateOttawa Senators acquire
    Chris Kelly
    February 15, 2011
    2011 2nd round pick (#61-Shane Prince)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Carter scored a hat trick last night, by the way.  When was the last time Gomez scored a goal, forget a hat trick.

I wonder if he could be signed on the condition that he re-negotiate his contract lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from catnik. Show catnik's posts

I'll take a pass.  The price has to be LOW because this would be a huge salary dump and acknowledge that Columbus made a mistake.  I wouldn't take him for a 2nd round pick with that contract.  Why not Ray Whitney, Gagner, Hemsky...? Someone we don't have to hold onto for 5 or 10 years.  PC has signed players like Bergeron, Chara, Krejci for discounts because they want to stay with a winner.  Nash is 8 million with tons of ice time, and he produces less than most of Boston's top 6.  PC is not going to make a stupid decision.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I find it fascinating that many would love to get Nash while few would take Carter.  They are similarly productive, but Carter is substantially cheaper in cap-hit. Carter also has no restriction in movement, so he could be traded again or, in a worst case scenario, waived or sent to the minors if he became so bad that he needed to be off the roster. He's had some injury problems, but that doesn't really mean he will have more.

My biggest concern would be whether he can play wing.  I like him on RW, but I've heard on broadcasts that only likes to play center. The Bruins don't need a center, and don't need any kind of attitude. The current forwards are happy to play wherever they are told.

If Carter was happy to play RW, I would take him, and I would trade draft picks and prospects to get him.  If it would take roster players or Hamilton I wouldn't. He would be a spectacular third-liner and great insurance if Horton or Peverley or someone else was not healthy. I think you could easily flip him again in the off-season.  I don't think that package of picks and prospects would get the deal done though, I sense TO or LA will offer something better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

If Carter had a reasonable contract I would gamble on Carter. As the bruins stand their mngt has an off season to figure out who stays who goes. The bruins are better off getting a rental ie Hemsky Doan Whitney Selanne.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]I find it fascinating that many would love to get Nash while few would take Carter.  They are similarly productive, but Carter is substantially cheaper in cap-hit. Carter also has no restriction in movement, so he could be traded again or, in a worst case scenario, waived or sent to the minors if he became so bad that he needed to be off the roster. He's had some injury problems, but that doesn't really mean he will have more. My biggest concern would be whether he can play wing.  I like him on RW, but I've heard on broadcasts that only likes to play center. The Bruins don't need a center, and don't need any kind of attitude. The current forwards are happy to play wherever they are told. If Carter was happy to play RW, I would take him, and I would trade draft picks and prospects to get him.  If it would take roster players or Hamilton I wouldn't. He would be a spectacular third-liner and great insurance if Horton or Peverley or someone else was not healthy. I think you could easily flip him again in the off-season.  I don't think that package of picks and prospects would get the deal done though, I sense TO or LA will offer something better.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Most of those who would love to have either, are just thinking about "having them".  They're not thinking about what it would take to pry them away from their current employer, and obviously, most, don't understand the cap system.
    If either were to be "given" to the Bruins...free of charge...nothing going back.  Even in that scenario...there is considerable downside...obvious downside.

Neither will be given away, especially Nash.

That obvious downside is money, and term.  If both had expiring contracts, there would be a frenzy, even with their current salary.  If Nash, for example was locked in at something like 4.8 per...the whole league would be doing flips and twists to get him, and the term would be a motivating factor.

Not the case with either though. Looks like both ..are a bit overpaid, and conventional wisdom would suggest that could pose severe problems in the not too distant future.

Their movability really doesn't have much to do at all with how good they are, or whether they can help another team...it's as simplistic as term and money, and how that fits into other teams business model.