Jeff Carter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: Jeff Carter

Hard to believe ant GM would give any player a Ten year deal????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Carter?

No heart - no thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Carter:
    [QUOTE]Hard to believe ant GM would give any player a Ten year deal????
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]
    Paul Holmgren is arguably the worst GM when it comes to handing out contracts...I'm surprised he hasn't given Couturier an 8 year extension at $5 Million per year already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Those long contracts are a gamble.  Carter was flirting with the Richard trophy and 50 goals a few years back. People were talking about him like they talk about Stamkos today. If he was to get back to that, his contract would look like a steal. Especially if he was still performing at a high level in his 30's.  That contract doesn't bother me much, especially since it doesn't have a no-trade. He would fit in, money-wise, with guys like DK, PB and Lucic, and he is more productive in goals. I have a bigger problem with behemoth cap hits like Nash's 8mil. If you make that much you better contribute an awfully lot to your team.  I think some team is going to roll the dice and win big on Carter. It probably won't and shouldn't be the Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Carter:[QUOTE]Carter scored a hat trick last night, by the way.  When was the last time Gomez scored a goal, forget a hat trick. I wonder if he could be signed on the condition that he re-negotiate his contract lol
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

You'll probably keep wondering after you read the CBA and why party boy Jeffe slipped n hurt himself coming out of a night club at 6Am a day after he was traded to the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Carter got traded and may get traded again not because of his hockey skill, but because of who he is. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he isn't a good teammate. He is a cancer in the locker room. His teammates don't like him.

I'd love to get Ray Whitney or Shane Doan, but that isn't happening. The Coyotes are in the Playoffs at the moment and they just added Antoine Vermette. They're not going to be sellers