jeff skinner extended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

jeff skinner extended

6 years, 5.75 per according to McKenzie....little high I think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: jeff skinner extended

In Response to jeff skinner extended:
    Posted by juniorfalcon19

Based on his projected career arc, a bit high in yrs 1-2, about right in yr 3, a bargain in yrs 4-6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended:
    In Response to jeff skinner extended : Based on his projected career arc, a bit high in yrs 1-2, about right in yr 3, a bargain in yrs 4-6.
    Posted by 49-North

I agree, good young player who i think will only get better. I think the addition of Jordan Staal to that team expedites that. Absolute fantastic skater.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

You'd have to think that Seguin would get something at least a little similar to this contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended : I agree, good young player who i think will only get better. I think the addition of Jordan Staal to that team expedites that. Absolute fantastic skater.
    Posted by kelvana33

This line reminded me of what bim had to say about his skating before he was drafted ( not up to NHL standards ). His skating is the same now as it was back then.

Thanks for the memories and I agree.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to jeff skinner extended:
    Posted by juniorfalcon19

Most people think most contracts are too high.

So is the price of milk.

It's called inflation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You'd have to think that Seguin would get something at least a little similar to this contract.
    Posted by newfiewhaler

Sort of my first thought - implications for Seguin.  No way he takes less than 5 if they want him long term, and pretty tough to go the Bruins's preferred 2-3yr second deal at a lower dollar amount.  I suppose they could try to sell him the idea that $4M x 3 = 12 and then $7.5M x 3=22.5 for a total of $34.5M over the same six year span (Skinner's deal is closer to $35).  Skinner's done more to date, and he plays with a pace we see off and on from Seguin - and if Seguin can stay at that pace consistently, he'll be a more productive player for a lot of year.  But for now, as a comparable, equal or just slightly below for negotiation purposes.  If Seguin doesn't accept that, that's the opening to get that 2yr "show me" second deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You'd have to think that Seguin would get something at least a little similar to this contract. Posted by newfiewhaler

A very good gauge for Peter indeed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to jeff skinner extended : Most people think most contracts are too high. So is the price of milk. It's called inflation.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUO
    Sure contracts & milk have inflated in price but what about wages for the average working person ? You rarely see an inflation as far as that goes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Curious that GM's do not take advantage of their RFA's limited leverage anymore.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Curious that GM's do not take advantage of their RFA's limited leverage anymore.....
    Posted by jmwalters

PC does. Imagine what'll happen if he gives Marchand this type of cash, let alone Seguin and Lucic. Marchand had 96 points in 153 games over the past 2 seasons. Skinner had 107 points in 146 games. I was hoping to see PC get Marchand signed for 4 per but it looks like it will be 5 or higher if this is the bar that is set.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended : PC does. Imagine what'll happen if he gives Marchand this type of cash, let alone Seguin and Lucic. Marchand had 96 points in 153 games over the past 2 seasons. Skinner had 107 points in 146 games. I was hoping to see PC get Marchand signed for 4 per but it looks like it will be 5 or higher if this is the bar that is set.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I think the 3 are the future of the team.  I want them all signed long term.  To me DK is the deadwood that should be shopped.  Seguin/Bergie/Kelly/Soupy should be the depth chart down the middle. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended : I think the 3 are the future of the team.  I want them all signed long term.  To me DK is the deadwood that should be shopped.  Seguin/Bergie/Kelly/Soupy should be the depth chart down the middle. 
    Posted by shuperman

Hard to say Shupe but you're probably right. Something has to give if PC wants to keep all 3 next year. I guess he can finally use Savard's cash and give TT to the Coyotes. I think they might have to go after TT since they're almost 10 million below the cap floor with 22 of their 23 players already signed. Even if they give Doan 7, they'll still need to do something to get to the floor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended : I think the 3 are the future of the team.  I want them all signed long term.  To me DK is the deadwood that should be shopped.  Seguin/Bergie/Kelly/Soupy should be the depth chart down the middle. 
    Posted by shuperman

Exactly how I look at things. Krejci and Horton are great for the team now, but Lucic, Seguin, and Marchand are the future on offense. I'd assume Krejci will be traded before his contract expires (sorry to offend all the Krejci lovers) (not really). I like Bergeron's game and he will be one of the best number 2 centers in the NHL for years to come, but he doesn't really have the offensive skill to be a regular number one center on a top of the standings team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wouldn't call him deadwood, but I'm sure it's the plan. It's just not the plan right now. The best thing to do is to play out the year. If Seguin develops an all-around game and can play center (both ways) then PC moves Krejci at the end of the season before his no-trade kicks in and while he has two years of contract and lots of trade value. Of course if Krejci is playing too valuable or develops great chemistry with Seguin on his wing or some other scenario they can keep him and let Horton walk. Lots of options. Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand and Lucic are absolute keepers though.

Posted by shuperman

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Skinner is a fantastic young talent. Good signing. This of course will directly impact Seguin's contract. It will be the starting point but not the ending point, that's for sure. If he improves at all this coming season he's looking at $6.5+.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Injuries played the biggest role in the dip in his production, and it was a small dip in terms of points/game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended :  Sure contracts & milk have inflated in price but what about wages for the average working person ? You rarely see an inflation as far as that goes.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Gallon of milk:  $2.80
    Minimum wage: $4.25

Gallon of milk:  $3.79
    Minimum wage:  $7.25

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended : I'll take Bergeron as my #1 any day of the week and twice on game nights. The idea that he doesn't have the skill to be on what is perceived as the "top" line is absurd. He'd be the top line center on just about any other team...
    Posted by asmaha

That's going a little far. 

Half of the other teams is going a little far.

I'm a huge Bergeron fan and don't want him to ever leave the team, but he's a #2 center in the NHL at best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Can you repost this in liters and loonies?

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended : 1991 Gallon of milk:  $2.80 Minimum wage: $4.25 2011 Gallon of milk:  $3.79 Minimum wage:  $7.25
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can you repost this in liters and loonies? In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended :
    Posted by OatesCam

That's only for the superb nations with the ability to count in the powers of ten.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Can you repost this in liters and loonies? In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended :
    Posted by OatesCam

I believe its litres.....Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: jeff skinner extended : I believe its litres .....
    Posted by jmwalters

I believe that's "humour".

Sections
Shortcuts