Jersey Trends

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jersey Trends

First:  I hate the look of many of the current jerseys.  The different colored shoulders just bother me.  Here's the B's for reference:

Now, the Russian Olympic team has taken it a step further.  I think this is one of the worst jerseys I've seen in a while:

There's the other side, however.  They call it the "clean" look.  The goal is to make the look much less busy.  I think it makes them look like practice jerseys at best.  The Coyotes started it.  They went from that awesome crazy Southwest theme

to pajamas:

Also, the laces in the front have to go.  They serve no purpose.  They look like they belong on something from Forever21:

Just give me a normal jersey.  Nothing fancy, nothing intentionally subdued.  Just a good hockey jersey.  Leave the frills for someone else.  Leave the fashion for someone else.  Give me something like this:

Boom.  Perfect jersey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: Jersey Trends

Different strokes...I really like the retro look of the laces.

I have little interest in the rest of the league's wardrobe choices, and as far as the Bruins go, I have liked all the variations, with the exception of the ill-advised "pooh" jersey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yeah the laces are unnecessary.  If you tie it in a bow you look like a Sally, and if you leave it untied it's probably distracting when you're skating with speed trying to dig a puck out from your feet as it flops around.  I think some of the players just remove it - pretty sure Tuukka does.

I don't mind the yellow shoulder trim on the B's uniform, but the blue trim on that Russian player looks like circus clown stuff. And the PJ look needs a border at the bottom.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Reminds me of that series of commercials with Ovechkin's disembodied head in that kid's locker, in a bag - all over the place.

Add to the list the jerseys with writing - either the city or the team name, often diagonally.  Ottawa did it with "Sens" recently.  Didn't the Coyotes have one like that recently? 

I'll make a limited exception for the Rangers because I think they've been doing it since forever, but it still looks stupid to me.  Teams have crests for a reason.  If your crest sucks, wrtiting out your team name doesn't suck less.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I agree.  This is all kinds of lame.  Laces, written name:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love everything about the Bruins current blacks except the yellow shoulders. Everything else is stellar - including the outline of the spoked B and the laces. But let's face it, Chicago, Detroit, Rangers (home) and Toronto all have it right...no shoulder patches, but retro-looking stripes on arms, jersey bottoms and socks (Toronto's socks are awesome). That "minimal" trend with other teams is simply looking to mimic these four epic designs:

The new Phoenix jerseys could be great - just add jersey-bottom white striping, wear black pants instead of maroon, and go nuts with Toronto-style white stripes on the maroon socks. Problem solved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I do hate how the "gold" has changed, though. The alternates have the correct gold for my taste:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hated the mid to late 90s Bruins Jerseys!

Blaacchh!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

For me, the simpler the better. Love the Canadiens,Red Wings jerseys, absolutley loved the Whalers and Nordiques jereseys. Hate the Lightning ones, hard to tell what number it is. And bring back the home whites.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good stuff everyone!

How about bringing back the Cooperalls?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The B's current home jerseys are infinitely better than the garbage the Bs wore between 95-96 to 06-07. But like asmaha said they need to bring back the proper gold. Home jerseys are ok though the black and gold colours on the shoulder should be reversed. Not a big of the third jersey. The crest just ruins the whole look.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so the laces are bad.  How about fake laces?  How about silly plastic stars?  FU Nike.

Nike_usa_jersey_2-up_large_large_medium

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Seriously, those are the worst jerseys ive ever laid my eyes on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Good stuff everyone!

How about bringing back the Cooperalls?

I actually didn't mind them they tried them in the OHL every team had them,they kind of grow on you,the NHL only a few teams had them so they just didn't fit in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Okay, so the laces are bad.  How about fake laces?  How about silly plastic stars?  FU Nike.

Nike_usa_jersey_2-up_large_large_medium

These arent the USA jerseys for Sochi are they? Please say no.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

These arent the USA jerseys for Sochi are they? Please say no.

So far, yes.  I'm hoping that national backlash will force a change.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

NAS, you beat me to it. FU nike. the US jerseys are the worst things ever. at what point do the uniforms just become giant onesies? I kinda like the tie ups to be honest with you, and I don't know why, but I love the minnesota alternates. My favorite bruin sweater?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.selloffjerseys.com/pic/Boston-Bruins--234-Bobby-Orr-1971-1972-Black-Throwback-Jersey-15723.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.selloffjerseys.com/NHL-Jerseys/Boston-Bruins/Boston-Bruins--4-Bobby-Orr-1971-1972-Black-Throwback-Jersey-13523/&h=284&w=339&sz=30&tbnid=tFwdLHjKeiWqnM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=107&zoom=1&usg=__gHn90U_JHBsGPUrmdS34UizWlGU=&docid=dho6T7tS_0kJTM&sa=X&ei=NywdUuTBCsbXsASh4oCABg&ved=0CDsQ9QEwAw&dur=1044

give me those. (on my phone and don't know how to put pictures in there, sorry)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

They Coyotes' jersey has always reminded me of the old Central Red Army ones.  The arm striping mostly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There is going to be backlash, they talked about those jerseys all day NHL radio!

I hate Phil Knight!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I can't stand the striping or the logo, and the fake laces are absolutely idiotic (I don't mind the real laces)

The stars could have worked if the used actual stitched on white material like the old New York Americans sweaters, but as nit is they look more like something out of the figure skating competition instead of the hockey tournament.

But before my fellow Canucks start cracking jokes remember this - Nike is designing the Team Canada Sweater too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Those Nike jerseys are an abomination. Do they only come in ladies tapered sizes?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Really asmaha?

Sorry, but both your teams will be stuck wearing that mess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really asmaha?

Sorry, but both your teams will be stuck wearing that mess.

All in fun, Red. You know the difference between normal jerseys and those uber-tapered Alyssa Milano types. A step above pink hats.

This is hilarious, though:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/10-most-spectacularly-awkward-u-olympic-glamour-shots-190110715.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Good God, no.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Tell me this doesn't look like I win the "who will come to camp all bloated and fat?" pool!!

Are you not entertained?!?!

Sections
Shortcuts