Jets fans yelling "Wheeler! Wheeler! "

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Jets fans yelling "Wheeler! Wheeler! "

thought i'd never see the day but the trade helped B's win a Stanley Cup so it's nice that a trade helped both teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

Re: Jets fans yelling "Wheeler! Wheeler! "

Knew it ..lat year I have predicted that Wheeler would become a God in Winnipeg....hummm slowly getting there I think one day Red will have to admit it...and bekieve me we havent seen the best of Wheeler yet.....this year 51 points in 61 games and +7 .....he should end up the season with close to 80 points...next year u can expect a 100 points season ...I said it so many times ,the big guys take a little longer to develop .....and dont eer tell me that Peverley is as good as Big Wheel...no way...I would take him back any time for Peverley + Caron + our 1st round pick...... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

don't regret the deal either, just don't know why the B'S had to include Stuart also....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Jets fans yelling "Wheeler! Wheeler! ":
    thought i'd never see the day but the trade helped B's win a Stanley Cup so it's nice that a trade helped both teams.
    Posted by jerrynewyork

I understand your concept, but there is no way of knowing if the Wheeler trade wouldve made a difference either way in the Cup run. It is quite possible we gave up on him too early. Not something us Bruins fans wanna hear, but lets just face the possibility. It is possible we couldve had our cake and eaten it too. Of course, looking back is useless now, but I am just saying there is no guarantee we had a choice between the Cup and keeping Wheeler. Of course, we had no clue what he could do with expanded icetime and by the trade deadline of last year it made sense to make that move. So I am not arguing the move itself, it was a good trade based on the knowledge at the time, but in the long run we may be the losers of the trade (not counting the Cup, which I dispute can be layed at the door of that trade).
    But thats okay for Wheeler, I am sure he is happier and he seemed like a good kid when he got here, just never found a steady rhythm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Jets fans yelling "Wheeler! Wheeler! ":
    Knew it ..lat year I have predicted that Wheeler would become a God in Winnipeg....hummm slowly getting there I think one day Red will have to admit it...and bekieve me we havent seen the best of Wheeler yet.....this year 51 points in 61 games and +7 .....he should end up the season with close to 80 points...next year u can expect a 100 points season ...I said it so many times ,the big guys take a little longer to develop .....and dont eer tell me that Peverley is as good as Big Wheel...no way...I would take him back any time for Peverley + Caron + our 1st round pick...... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012

He's bringing me around a bit. He still has brutal vision and spatial recognition out there (my cousins have a drinking game based on his offside calls) and his scoring touch has actually gone down a bit (13 goals so far vs. a career high of 21), but this season he has definitely picked up his grit level (over 100 hits), and he's finding passing lanes like he never did before. 38 assists already this year, vs a previous career high of 24. I do put a lot of that on the fact he plays with Kane, but I have to admit that his play has improved. 2 goals plus a shootout goal today is nothing to sneeze at. If he keeps improving his passing ability, and if he can ever figure out what that big blue line on the ice is for, he'll be a point a game player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Even Bs fans are still yelling wheeler, seriously, since winnepeg got there team back, there my 2nd team in the nhl. Rooting for them to show the great fans out there some  more good hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I am happy for Wheeler but where was this kind of effort during his days with the Bruins? All of a sudden he is skating fast, a sniper & is even back checking like crazy. He was an absolute beast in that game this afternoon. I guess a change of scenery is just what the doctor ordered for Blake !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

What he has improved most are his instincts @ using his strength.Thanks again Bruins.Still cheering for Bruins.

Sections
Shortcuts