Jets new logo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Jets new logo.

I personally like it; Except I thought it would have a Manitoba flavour as well as Canadian.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Re: Jets new logo.

Not bad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

They should have gone with the CF-105 AVRO ARROW, instead of an American jet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Looks like they are paying homeage to the Canadian Air Force ( i think we hav one? ).  I wonder if they are all ready getting in line for a Government grant ?

Looks okay though.  I like the Avro idea too. Also a touch of Man. would have being nice too. A Bison perhaps ?  Nothing like the spoked B though !!!  Go B's Go !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

As a Canadian I don't like the Red Maple Leaf in it. Trying to hard to get Canadians to back them. I like the Jet though, however I would have liked them to change the name from Jets to something fresh and new. imo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Doesn't look like an F-15 nor an F-16 to me. CF-105 look closer to an F-4 and those were ugly. I'm sure Winnipeg will have plenty of throw back white outs nights for sure as well.

PS.Wheeler is probably having his hemmed and taken in right now LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I actually like the two alternate logos better. The one they're going with, would make a better shoulder patch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Jets new logo.:
    [QUOTE]I actually like the two alternate logos better. The one they're going with, would make a better shoulder patch.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Seconded. The one alternate with the wings that says Winnipeg Jets is really cool; I can't believe that it's on the shoulder and this is the main one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Love the new logo....I only live 3 hours from the MTS center. Got 2 chances to see the Bruins this year........gonna be tough!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

It's nice and clean . . . but that's what makes it look a little too "Corporate" to me, like it was designed by computer. It's better than some. I like the secondary logo better too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, it seems kind of weak that they force the maple leaf in there, just to capitalize on Canadian patriotism.  Have some pride in the provice and the city.  I like the jet idea, the bison idea, etc.  Something unique to Winnipeg would be more appealing than another maple leaf logo...it would be like the Bruins adding a blad eagle to the uniform.  Crowded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I am canadian and I find that logo too patriotic!  Like some others have said they are trying to much... it is like if they want to be the official canadian team!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I think it's an F/A-18 or at least a very stylised representation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:McDONNELL_DOUGLAS_F-A-18_HORNET.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F/A-18_Hornet

Here's a Canadian one in action.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it's great.  I certainly is different than anything else out there.

Too patriotic?  Moreso than the teams named Maple Leafs or Canadiens?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I was worried that I'd be disappointed, but I'm not. It's not in my top 5 for the league, but it'll do. I agree on the maple leaf comment. It looks great graphically, but there really isn't a need to try so desparately to be "Canada's Team". I'm excited to see the jerseys as a whole, and hope they have a nice clean, classic look to them. Too many teams going with lots of stripes lately. I prefer the soccer world-cup style of simple.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I actually like the two alternate logos better. The one they're going with, would make a better shoulder patch.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one . It does look like something on the shoulder of a uniform.
    Oh well it could have been worse i.e. the fisherman on the Islanders alternate

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jets new logo. : I'm with you on this one . It does look like something on the shoulder of a uniform. Oh well it could have been worse i.e. the fisherman on the Islanders alternate
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Or the B's Pooh jerseys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's a nicely designed logo, but I liked the old one better.  This one seems too dry, I liked how the old one implied motion.  I also am not a big fan of the maple leaf and it does scream of Canadian military.  I guess that's the point though, and the reason for the name in the first place.  It will probably hold up well over time, like say, the Bruins Logo or the Hab's.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

we already have teams named canadiens, canucks, and maple leafs.  i think everyone knows winnipeg is in canada.  there is no need for the maple leaf.  it's a stupid idea just like it would be stupid if 60% of american based teams were named americans, yankees or had stars and stripes all over their jerseys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't know politics very well; but isn't it true that the PC gov't is not only getting a bunch of F-35 Lightnings; but they maybe re-opening the Air Base there? If that's true; then I guess the maple leaf with the jet makes a little more sense.

Goodnews makes a valid point; 90% maybe able to say that Winnipeg is part of Canada; but I bet a lot less than that realize they come from the Province of Manitoba. Another reason to maybe have something that represents the Province. Regardless; I like the overall look!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Our-five-favorite-Winnipeg-Jets-jersey-design-co?urn=nhl-wp9519

WoW look at some of these fan submissions for the Jets!...

Sorry if this "Puck Daddy" link was already put up (not checking).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

There's a cheesy little promo video on nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=569909&navid=mod-rr-headlines

Having another look at the logo and with the jet and everything it reminds me a bit of the Royal Air Force ensignia. I guess it's a supposed to be a face-off dot but The Queen should have a word about copyright infringement. LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

It's a good looking logo great job by the Jets

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

[QUOTE]It's a good looking logo great job by the Jets
    Posted by whitbomb[/QUOTE]

I give it a thumbs up too

Sections
Shortcuts