Jim Hughson Sucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Jim Hughson Sucks

That is all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Jim Hughson Sucks

He used to be real good Until 2011.....Slipped a bit since he became the official Nucks cheerleader... His Game 7 call was simply disgusting.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The people in the northeast that are getting NESN should be very grateful...just awful...the guy rips the Bruins for everything all game long....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The people in the northeast that are getting NESN should be very grateful...just awful...the guy rips the Bruins for everything all game long....

Just add Glen Healy into the mix, and you have two of the biggest dbags on HNIC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Simpson isn't any better either as his sidekick ... They both took the game 7 final hard... they were planning the coronation of the Nucks before the game started....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

They can announce those losers all they want.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That's how I caught tonight's game, Fletch.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Before The Finals I didn't mind them.  I thought they were the CBC's top crew. The alternative was Bob Cole who, God Bless him, seemed to regularly mix up player names and miss plays.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

The Marchand ring kissing was not playing well . I'm going to take a ribbing at work on Monday.

Kessler's comment about marchand: Classless-you win with class you lose with class.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

They are in a word, pathetic,Nuck bag sniffers from the start till the end.During the playoffs thay are insufferable.Once the Lerfs & Nucks got ousted they were tolerable, but barely, add Healy and you have the definition of obnoxious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Before The Finals I didn't mind them.

When Hughson does play by play for the WJC he is outstanding. Other than that he is terrible. He's worse than Johhny Most making stuff up that a Bruins player do to an opposing player during a game.

He also has to cater to the Canadian hockey fanbase on CBC. So I will cut him a little slack, very little though.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Watched it on NESN, any examples guys?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I was always very proud of the way games were called on CBC until the Bruins run in 2011. I have loved Bob Cole no matter how old he got but Bob C, Hughson and Simpson were emabarrassing that year and I had to look for streams from other networks to get some sanity back. I live in the Vancouver area. Hughson is from here and so it's even worse in these parts for a Bruins fan, especially since the love-in for this guy is incredible.

That said- there was nothing much anyone could have said about the way the B's were playing tonight that could have been positive. Wow Ididn't think it was possible to like the canucks and Hughson any less than I already did- I was wrong.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Hughson has always been a Canucks ballgagger.  I used to watch games that he called on the Center Ice package.  He always portrays the Canucks as hockey gods who are pillars of virtue, while the opponents are knuckle-dragging goons who don't deserve to breathe the same air as his beloved 'Nucks. 

Unacceptable for a national broadcast, IMO.  I'm so glad that I didn't have to suffer through his ridiculous bias for the SCF in 2011.  He's worse than Rick Jeanerette.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He is laughable doing a Nucks gm for a national broadcast, he doesn't try to hide his contempt.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A Canadian broadcaster is announcing a Canadian team on Canadian television.  Seems like a recipe for bias broadcasting to me.  And that's how it should be.  Jack Edwards hammers the opponents while either praising or looking the other way on Boston plays.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

A Canadian broadcaster is announcing a Canadian team on Canadian television.  Seems like a recipe for bias broadcasting to me.  And that's how it should be.  Jack Edwards hammers the opponents while either praising or looking the other way on Boston plays.

It never used to be this way with him ( he was neutral ) but it has evolved into that. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Bingo. I don't understand the whining. The other team's broadcaster (and CBC is going to favor the Canadian team--don't use the "national broadcast" BS when Boston isn't part of the nation in the first place) isn't going to sound like Jack Edwards, who is as much of a homer as Hughson is. Just accept it and move on....or just don't get butthurt about something an announcer says in the first place.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's not just the bias as much as saying stupid things all game long.  We know he's gonna root for the Canucks and be a cheer leader, that's a given.  I'm okay with that too.  But there are just so many descriptions of different situations that make you wonder if you're even watching the same game, and it all falls into the tired and worn Vancouver brand of victim mentality.  "Iginla attacks Humhuis, and the linesmen is holding him!" (which appeared to be the other way around).

I thought what Marchand was doing was dumb too (time to stop celebrating 2011 while losing a game badly).  But you should hear Hughson carry on about it tirelessly, and ignore that perhaps some Vancouver players are also running their mouths and mixing it up after the whistle.  Then comes the warning -- 'Marchand better keep his head up'.  Ooooohhhhhh.  Watch out Brad.  Who's he kidding?  It was a silly little sideshow, but Hughson talked about it the whole 3rd period.

Living where I am, I get lots of visting announcers on the broadcast.  Hughson is the worst.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

He is laughable doing a Nucks gm for a national broadcast, he doesn't try to hide his contempt.

and he has contempt for the Bruins no doubt.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Bingo. I don't understand the whining. The other team's broadcaster (and CBC is going to favor the Canadian team) isn't going to sound like Jack Edwards, who is as much of a homer as Hughson is. Just accept it and move on....or just don't get butthurt about something an announcer says in the first place.

The self-righteousness appears to be in mid-season form Kennedy.  What should be obvious is that I'm not calling for change or demanding that Hughson be fired -- I am commenting that I find him annoying and he's a lousy announcer.  I didn't ask for Edwards either.  Just making an observation, that isn't half as whiny and butthurt as your response.  

Does the Vancouver victim mentality strike a chord with you fans in Montreal...? ;)

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Bingo. I don't understand the whining. The other team's broadcaster (and CBC is going to favor the Canadian team--don't use the "national broadcast" BS when Boston isn't part of the nation in the first place) isn't going to sound like Jack Edwards, who is as much of a homer as Hughson is. Just accept it and move on....or just don't get butthurt about something an announcer says in the first place.

No whining here fool, he's just not a very good annoucer (although he is better than that alzheimer's patient Bob Cole). Yes Jack Edwards is a huge homer but the last time I checked he didn't do national gms. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

True but jack is not on national broadcast.  You woukd have to compare it to the Nbc brodcasters when say an American team plays a Canadian one

• You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

He's playing to his audience. Can't hold that against him. 

And really, I will always want the B's to be the 'bad guys'. Certain entertainment value when they beat up on Vancouver. 

Good old memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaXoqzDrKtY

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

You did it again didn't u

• Sections
    Shortcuts