Job on the line tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Job on the line tonight

I think it's a pretty safe bet if San Jose loses tonight McLellan is out of a job. After all the post season failures if they lose tonight after blowing a 3-0 series lead, anyone else think he's done? Kind of interesting, one game, career on the line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Re: Job on the line tonight

Gotta be... don't you have to hit the self-destruct button at this point and blow it all up to a certain degree?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Or maybe they win in OT and go on to the SCF...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

What about Doug Wilson? Jumbo Joe? "No-Show" Marleau? They all could be sent packing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It's as if the entire franchise hangs in the balance. If they punt this one they have no choice but to blow it up. A number of pundits actually thought they were the most complete team in the West.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think they win tonight. I really hated the move to go with Stalock, I know it's easier to say that now, but I think that showed a sign of panic, when all you want your team to do is play like they did in the first 3 games. I say Thornton, Marleau and Cotoure deliver tonight and the Sharks pull it off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Everyone said Claude Julien should be gone after the Bruins lost out the Flyers...and look what happened the next year.  If you want a shiver, imagine how close they must have been to blowing it up, or imagine if Ed Snyder owned the Bruins....

If the Sharts clean house, (and really...with all those Sharts...) it should be because they are convinced that they have a design flaw, not because of this year.  I don't know if I'd cashier the coach, but I would say goodbye to Wilson, and a new GM almost always brings in a new coach.  If they move JT and Marleau, the new GM would have to think long term - how that move is part of a bigger plan and not just move them for picks.

I think the Kings own them now.  I don't think they know how to deliver in this situation, and I might trade Thornton and Marleau for a copy of Heidi just to clear the air they take up on that team.  Guys like Hertl, you don't want them to inherit that legacy and get similarly stymied.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everyone said Claude Julien should be gone after the Bruins lost out the Flyers...and look what happened the next year.  If you want a shiver, imagine how close they must have been to blowing it up, or imagine if Ed Snyder owned the Bruins....

If the Sharts clean house, (and really...with all those Sharts...) it should be because they are convinced that they have a design flaw, not because of this year.  I don't know if I'd cashier the coach, but I would say goodbye to Wilson, and a new GM almost always brings in a new coach.  If they move JT and Marleau, the new GM would have to think long term - how that move is part of a bigger plan and not just move them for picks.

I think the Kings own them now.  I don't think they know how to deliver in this situation, and I might trade Thornton and Marleau for a copy of Heidi just to clear the air they take up on that team.  Guys like Hertl, you don't want them to inherit that legacy and get similarly stymied.

[/QUOTE]

Good points Book, but I think Julien was in the same situation McLellan finds himself in now. Had the B's lost that game 7 to Montreal the next year, I think that would have been the end of Julien in Boston. Only difference is San Jose could blow a 3 game lead on top of previous playoff failures.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Laviolette's next stop.

Kings get'er done tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think the Sharts win tonight,but with that being said,if the Sharts lose how can they change the culture of the team if they keep Thornton & Marleau? There is no way the future leaders in Couture,Nieto,Hertl,Pavelski,Wingels would dare step on Jumbo's & "No shows" toes.I think they would have to get rid of one of them or both just to shake it up.They would still have a real good team and the return on Marleau or Jumbo would just add to the younger core group,it would be worth a try anyway as the group there now isn't showing any post season results. If they win tonight,forget what you've just read.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Jumbo likes the perimeter play.  The Sharks will probably win but if they lose the old media bite will come out "historic loss".  The following line will be "how will they recover".  2010 is the refresher for this Bs fan.  Given those hysterical remarks, I think everyone is correct, time is a changing.  Usually you look at the goaltending.  The next thing is defense.  The third is offensive, guts and vervain the playoffs. Me thinks the problem is with the latter. So if the Sharks lose and cleaning out of players will be made. Jumbo won't move with his contract and playoff history.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

San Jose looked so much faster than the Kings in the first two games. Quick was out of position on some of the goals. Now Taffoli, Lewis and Pearson appear to have infused LA with speed. I think Quick gives them a big edge in goal.

I'm not familiar with the SJ market but I'd imagine Thornton and Marleau are among the marquee names and faces out there. Should they lose tonight, and I think they will, after frequent years of playoff dips, I see changes. I'm not sure if McLellan's gone if they sink after being up 3-0 but can't management transition the team from Thornton and Marleau to Pavelski, Couture and Hertl?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You know, if they did decide to clear the air, the decks and whatever else of the influence of JT and Marleau, I wonder if they make a big play for Callahan.  Kind of agree with SanDog on Laviolette - he'd be a great fit for a team in transition there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/sharks

It would be tough to buyout either Marleau or Thornton lots left on their contracts. Wilson, if he survives, has $13M to replace Boyle, Hannan and sign RFA Demers on the blueline. Hertl is about to explode, as a forward, just needs more TOI. Havlat has one year left after this year, definite candidate for a buyout.

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.capgeek.com/sharks" rel="nofollow">http://www.capgeek.com/sharks

It would be tough to buyout either Marleau or Thornton lots left on their contracts. Wilson, if he survives, has $13M to replace Boyle, Hannan and sign RFA Demers on the blueline. Hertl is about to explode, as a forward, just needs more TOI. Havlat has one year left after this year, definite candidate for a buyout.

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Thornton just caved in this series.  Not even a "clutch" point in any of the games. At least Marleau was getting something done through Game 6 and actually finished with a +3.   Old Jumbo can't be moved.  Lots of dough.  SJ has a good fan base; they sell out every home game for years.  But, heads will roll even if just for "show."  

Yes on Laviolette, Sandog.  Good fit for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I just have this weird feeling that Joe ends up in Toronto. I can see the Leafs swapping youth/inexperience for vet leadership...and doing so for the wrong type of leadership.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just have this weird feeling that Joe ends up in Toronto. I can see the Leafs swapping youth/inexperience for vet leadership...and doing so for the wrong type of leadership.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting point. Toronto would get the big center they need, although a little late in his career. Joe has always seemed a little laid back, so playing in Toronto might not be something he would want to do, but I could see this trade happening.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone in the league would consider Thornton and leadership to have a common thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Captain Joe and the Sharts....

Leaf fans would tear Thornton a new one daily.  And the number of times per day he'll get asked about their complete about faceplant in this series?  I set the over/under and thirty.  No, I think that's one of those stories you file with the rest about guys who will want to "go home" to play; probably a better story in Frank Bascombe's head than in reality, and a terrible idea at that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Doug Wilson should wear the blame.  He's great at picking up talent, but you can't build a team around heartless players like Thornton and Marleau, no matter how many good supporting players you bring in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something the Leafs would do. They got Lindros at the end of his career.

GOTP

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Honestly, it was sad to watch. They very face of helplessness.

McLellan wil go first.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thornton, right before they did the stick salute to the fans, looked like he was going to cry, vomit, and then go walk the earth to find peace.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thornton, right before they did the stick salute to the fans, looked like he was going to cry, vomit, and then go walk the earth to find peace.

[/QUOTE]

Then walking to Trawna to play for the Lerfs will not be an option.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've always been a supporter of Thornton here, but I cannot stick up for him after last night. That was terrible, and to me the turning point of the game was when he lost that face off while the Kings had 6 seconds left of 5 on 3..he lost it cleanly and within seconds the puck was in the back of the net. Him and Marleau, the two supposed leaders of the team were dormant to put it best...Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty and Quick just basically showed you what big game players do. Look what Quick was doing going down the bench during a TV timeout = leadership.

Anze Kopitar = Beast.