Joe Corvo to the B'S?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Joe Corvo to the B'S?

In Response to Re: Joe Corvo to the B'S?:
    [QUOTE]Boo to this move.  Corvo's a head case.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

He should fit right in then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Present your evidence.

Which style headcase?  Iafrate? Kessel? Eddie Shack?

Specifics, please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle the better passer Corvo more physical and better in his own end For 1/2 the money, I take Corvo I'm sorry, but Kaberle is as soft as dumplings
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

and will shoot more on the PP.
    He actually reminds me a lot of Boychuk.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

you must have heard things when he was in Ottawa or was it the assault case?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

One thing's for sure about seeing Corvo in a Bruins uniform.
    We won't be wearing number 77.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]One thing's for sure about seeing Corvo in a Bruins uniform. We won't be wearing number 77.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

Good point! Won't be 7 or 17 either. Maybe 27? Either way, I like this deal. Kabs wouldn't hit or be hit.

That to me is a headcase!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

It's not a bad move. He's not afraid to shoot the puck and is no worst than Kaberle at defending. One year at 2.5 is a bargain and way better then the 3 years at 12.75 that Kabs just got. If we had signed him for that much I'd be pissed, and so would everyone else. We gave a up lot for him but won the Cup, so we win...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle the better passer Corvo more physical and better in his own end For 1/2 the money, I take Corvo I'm sorry, but Kaberle is as soft as dumplings
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Yes, his 18 minutes in penalties last season in Carolina would support that argument on his physicallity... Have you seen this guy play defense? Worst plus/minus on the team from a D man... This guy will get more windburn with forwards zipping by him at will.. There is a reason he is on his 5th team.. He stinks!! quite frankly..and he makes 2.25 mil!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Great signing, I like this guy he will add quite a bit to the D

Go B;s

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He may stink, but he averaged almost 25 minutes per game on a team that stunk. That's a lot of minutes, and playing less can only help.

n Response to Re: Joe Corvo to the B'S?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe Corvo to the B'S? : Yes, his 18 minutes in penalties last season in Carolina would support that argument on his physicallity... Have you seen this guy play defense? Worst plus/minus on the team from a D man... This guy will get more windburn with forwards zipping by him at will.. There is a reason he is on his 5th team.. He stinks!! quite frankly..and he makes 2.25 mil!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

As a #5 D he's a much better buy at 2.25 cap hit for 1 year than Kaberle at 4.25 for 3.  Kabs may fit into the 'Canes system better but he was simply ineffective in Boston and his impact on the PP was zero.

Plus this deal buys time for Kampher, et al.  It works.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Amazing the comments on here from people who clearly have no idea who Corvo is.  He is not physical, though PIM's have nothing to do with physicality and only with illegal plays.  He is nothing like Boychuck and loses about 6 inches to that guy.  He is also not overly bad defensively and is a career '+' while playing on bad teams, though I wouldn't put him in a shut down role.

Corvo is small, fast, a good puck handler, passer and has a good shot.  Anyone that was asking for the B's to draft Ryan Murphy should be pleased.  His best season came in his first with the Senators when they went to the final (people often say the Senators went downhill after Chara left - not true, it was after Brian Murphy moved to the front office).  He was used in the third pairing with Tom Preissing and they were outstanding puck movers.  His role with the Bruins will probably be the same, much like Kaberle, and I think he'll be a great fit.

Personally, I really like this trade. I've been a fan of Corvo since those Senators days.  Bruins fans should like him better than Kabs because he has more speed and attitude, and yes, doesn't mind shooting the puck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

According to ROTOWORLD:

The Boston Bruins have acquired Joe Corvo from the Carolina Hurricanes for a fourth rounder.

This transaction makes room for Tomas Kaberle, who recently signed a three-year contract with Carolina. Corvo had 11 goals and 40 points in 82 games last season. If he can stay healthy, Corvo should reach the 40-point marker again in 2011-12 and have a positive plus/minus rating for the first time since 2007-08. Given that the Bruins only had to give up a fourth rounder for him, this is an incredible acquisition for Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This time in New England, let's hope he doesn't punch any women in the face and then repeatedly kick them in the head while they are down.

I'm not good with this type of person, let alone cheering for this type of person.

http://www.monarchsfanclub.com/corvo.htm

He replaces Marchand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Good trade and nice plan B for Kaberle.  Nobody would have been happy if the B's signed Kaberle for the contract the Cains just gave him.  Corvo gives them some PP juice for a year allowing Kampfer to work his way in as the 7th dman.  Plus Corvo is a right handed shot which is a nice balance.  

Guess that rules out a trade for Yandle ;(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

I like it. I saw him here in Ottawa and he's an upgrade on Kaberle for half the cost. One year left on the contract and then Hamilton comes in. Too bad we couldn't have traded for him at the deadline and saved those picks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bridge contract for PC until Hamilton starts making his way up. Surprised to see Rutherford go after Kaberle with that kind of money with Pitkanen already there.

Can't get into the debate about the woman kicking headcase so I won't comment cause I don't know enough plus I'm sure Chiarelli did his due diligence. PC likes his Ottawa guys and I was impressed with Joe during the Senators cup run.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj1X0z3SKAQ

Way better shot than Kaberle .....another good move by PC and after next season Dougie Hamilton will be ready to step in ..
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

This move pretty well edges Kampfer out, unless Kampfer can outplay him in training camp.   A shame!!   Kampfer is standing ready to advance in the NHL.  He has loads of upside potential. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]This time in New England, let's hope he doesn't punch any women in the face and then repeatedly kick them in the head while they are down. I'm not good with this type of person, let alone cheering for this type of person.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Guess it wasn't enough you started a whole thread on this.

Am I gonna have to read your whining on this during Corvo's entire tenure with the Bruins organization?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Some seem to believe that it a first and a fourth for Corvo.It was just the fourth and a very good move by the B's as Corvo is definitely better in his own zone than Kabs,is more physical has a better sho and fits the Bruins system better.Gives the kids like Kampfer,Hamilton and Bratkowski to develop and if he really does the job(especially on the PP)there's the opportunity to re-sign him for a year or two.Plus he costs about half as much.I see no downside.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Good move.  Solid move.  But next year we have two UFA's on defence: Boychuk and Corvo.  I guess we'll keep one of them and watch Kampfer take a spot. 

I'd rather Corvo on the PP.  At least he can shoot the dam- puck once in a while. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Corvo remind anyone of Wideman? 

Same point totals last year, both RH shots, both UFA's after this year.  Corvo is about $1.7M cheaper.

I am not too jazzed about this signing for a couple of reasons.
    1) Corvo reminds me of Wideman
    2) Which pairing does Corvo play?
    3) Starting to stack up RH shooting d-men in the top-7 (Corvo, McQuaid, Boychuk and Kampfer), with Seidenberg also playing great on the right-side with Chara

Interested to see what else might be happening, Corvo should at least be a good addition on the PP.

Sections
Shortcuts