Joe Morrow : thats exactly what we needed on the PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Joe Morrow : thats exactly what we needed on the PP

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yx6nQwzw9to

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Joe Morrow : thats exactly what we needed on the PP

Looking forward to see him on the 2nd PP unit with Dougie Hamilton

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's hope Morrow is the real deal. and he either makes it in training camp, or gets a year in Providence to learn Claude's way. Are they really looking to trade Kelly [ Soderberg can replace all but the toughness]and/or Marchand [why]. reports on Fraser makes him a decent 3rd liner, and why not replace Thornton with Caron ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Will Hamilton be playing in Providence this year too?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way ...both with the Bruins ...Fletch you will be surprised to see how good Morrow is ..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Let's hope Morrow is the real deal. and he either makes it in training camp, or gets a year in Providence to learn Claude's way. Are they really looking to trade Kelly [ Soderberg can replace all but the toughness]and/or Marchand [why]. reports on Fraser makes him a decent 3rd liner, and why not replace Thornton with Caron ?

Bogie ...you are the best ..I have been saying over and over that Thornton has no more business to do in the NHL ...he is becoming the joke of the NHL just like big Parros ...its time tomgive his 6-7 minutes to a young prospect ..thornton doesnt fight anymore, doesnt skate anymore and has really nothing to do in the NHL ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Biggest joke in the NHL? Come on man, Im eager to see some fresh faces from Providence as anyone, but you're reaching here man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way ...both with the Bruins ...Fletch you will be surprised to see how good Morrow is ..

[/QUOTE]

Stanley, seriously, don't you ever get tired of these delusional player crushes on guys you've probably never seen play?

Morrow's a good prospect.  I like him a lot.  But he'll almost definitely be in Providence this year unless there are a lot of injuries on the Boston blueline.

Take a look at how remarkedly weak and young the Dallas blueline was last year.  If Morrow couldn't crack the lineup there, he isn't ready to immediately be a top-4 D-man on the Stanley Cup runner ups, with 7 NHL tested guys coming back.

Be patient Stanley and try not to fall in love so easily.  Where's Khudo?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

stanley, answer me this. have you ever in your life seen joe morrow play a hockey game? if so, at what level, and for what team. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

"I think that Shawn Thornton has been able to continue to build off the year we had him in Anaheim. He hasn't changed his approach. I think he's getting more recognition because he went out and earned it. He's a catalyst. He was a catalyst for our hockey club when we had him in Anaheim, and that’s what he's doing for the Bruins. It's great to see a player put in number of years of hard work, and I’m talking years, not months of hard work, and be rewarded with a contract. He's earned everything that he's got, and he earns it the tough way." - Randy Carlyle

"I definitely respect the job that he does," said Bruins center Gregory Campbell. "It's not an easy job. I think you get more of an appreciation for him playing with him. I know he’s respected around the league, but when you play with a guy you obviously see a different perspective. What I see from him is professionalism every day, hard work, and he's a leader off the ice. He’s a big part of the team."

It's nice to see a guy that's come as far as he has and has done well and proven how well he can play get rewarded. To have a guy like that on your team is great. I think they're happy to have him, obviously. I like to model myself in a similar style, I guess you could say, in playing that tough role but at the same time being able to play out there and contribute on the ice." - Jay Rosehill

"He’s stuck with the game for a long time. In my time, I’ve seen a lot of guys drop out at certain points in their career. Shawn has gone and surpassed that. He’s gotten better. Each year he’s gotten better. He keeps in terrific shape.’’ - Peter Chiarelli

Shall I go on?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

"I think that Shawn Thornton has been able to continue to build off the year we had him in Anaheim. He hasn't changed his approach. I think he's getting more recognition because he went out and earned it. He's a catalyst. He was a catalyst for our hockey club when we had him in Anaheim, and that’s what he's doing for the Bruins. It's great to see a player put in number of years of hard work, and I’m talking years, not months of hard work, and be rewarded with a contract. He's earned everything that he's got, and he earns it the tough way." - Randy Carlyle

"I definitely respect the job that he does," said Bruins center Gregory Campbell. "It's not an easy job. I think you get more of an appreciation for him playing with him. I know he’s respected around the league, but when you play with a guy you obviously see a different perspective. What I see from him is professionalism every day, hard work, and he's a leader off the ice. He’s a big part of the team."

It's nice to see a guy that's come as far as he has and has done well and proven how well he can play get rewarded. To have a guy like that on your team is great. I think they're happy to have him, obviously. I like to model myself in a similar style, I guess you could say, in playing that tough role but at the same time being able to play out there and contribute on the ice." - Jay Rosehill

"He’s stuck with the game for a long time. In my time, I’ve seen a lot of guys drop out at certain points in their career. Shawn has gone and surpassed that. He’s gotten better. Each year he’s gotten better. He keeps in terrific shape.’’ - Peter Chiarelli

Shall I go on?

What do they know?  I've never seen any of them post here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

That slapshot from the point from Morrow, while a nice shot, is currently a large part of the Bruins PP philosophy. What is impressive about that goal is the setup by Letang (freezing the defense because they don't know if he'll shoot or pass. That's what is needed on the Bruins PP ... a defenseman who isn't predictable).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Shall I go on?

Why do you think the  Bruins have the best 4th line in the NHL. Its because of 3 guys not just 2. If all the supposed high paying stars worked half as hard as Thorton, we would have had the cup this year..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thornton has earned his dollars, but, he just doesn't have the skills to continue as an active player. Reward him with a post in public relations, and have him retire rather than be constantly embarrassed by faster, stronger and better players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Stanley harped all year about having Krug on the PP. He used the same line " exactly what the B's PP needs " for Krug.

Now he's thrown him to the curb in place of someone he has never seen. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Thornton has earned his dollars, but, he just doesn't have the skills to continue as an active player. Reward him with a post in public relations, and have him retire rather than be constantly embarrassed by faster, stronger and better players.

I think they will go this route next season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I expect him to push for a spot and ultimately start the year in Providence (or possibly the press box if Krug or Bartkowski significantly falter at camp). 

I'm pretty excited about Morrow as well, and unlike Stanley I've had the chance to watch him a number of times with the 'Hawks, and I came away very impressed.

But expectations need to be tempered and we need to realize there are four youngsters fighting for two starting spots. I wouldn't be completely stunned if Morrow earns one of those two spots, but it's an outlier to be sure.

It'll be tough to make any determination until we see all four on the ice together.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Guys do you really think I have not seen Joe Morrow played ???  Do you think I want to become GM wihout knowing all the players in the system ???   Every time I travel to the US I try to go see a hockey game NHL or AHL ....I will be in Nashville early October and hope to go see the Preds in a pre season game ...or else I will try elsewhere ...Yes I have seen Morrow I saw him with the Portland Winterhawks and in 2012 ...he got 99 points that year...and I saw him in Wilkes Barre, Pa.....he really impressed me ...I am really happy that the Bruins got him in that trade and my prediction is he will play with the BRUNS next season .......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Guys do you really think I have not seen Joe Morrow played ???  Do you think I want to become GM wihout knowing all the players in the system ???   Every time I travel to the US I try to go see a hockey game NHL or AHL ....I will be in Nashville early October and hope to go see the Preds in a pre season game ...or else I will try elsewhere ...Yes I have seen Morrow I saw him with the Portland Winterhawks and in 2012 ...he got 99 points that year...and I saw him in Wilkes Barre, Pa.....he really impressed me ...I am really happy that the Bruins got him in that trade and my prediction is he will play with the BRUNS next season .......

So when are we gonna hear the conference call between you and PC announcing you as his 'very special most favoritest adviser'?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Guys do you really think I have not seen Joe Morrow played ???  Do you think I want to become GM wihout knowing all the players in the system ???  

Yes.  Yes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ha -- the bolded sentence is hilarious.  If you know nothing about Morrow and glance at his stats quickly, it might look like he had 99 points...

But those are actually his penalty minutes.  If you followed him at all you know that isn't right.  He had 64 points that year.  Very good.  But it's obvious that somebody hasn't been following him very closely at all and just looked up the stats...quickly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

HA!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I expect him to push for a spot and ultimately start the year in Providence (or possibly the press box if Krug or Bartkowski significantly falter at camp). 

[snip]

But expectations need to be tempered and we need to realize there are four youngsters fighting for two starting spots. I wouldn't be completely stunned if Morrow earns one of those two spots, but it's an outlier to be sure.

Does anyone know if Krug still has a waiver exemption?  If he does, look for Krug to start the year in Providence unless he absolutely smokes it at camp.  Why?

Morrow+Bartkowski = $1.513M

Krug = $1.7M

If a chunk of Krug's bonus money ($850) is for games played, they might switch him out once that bonus is no longer reachable.  That takes it off his projected cap hit.  Morrow has no bonuses - is that unheard of or what? 

I suspect what we actually see is Krug goes down and Morrow goes down.  Bartkowski stays, and the Bruins are no longer over the cap.  Then, once the season begins, they will make the LTIR move and shuffle the deck to maximize the flexibility.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts