Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FK7jka7tSNk

Very funny !  Watch this !

Take my finger Sedin sister !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt

Would Thornton have done the same thing if it was Burrows ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

It was funny....you could tell that the announcers during this game wanted to bring up the biting incident when they were talking about Burrows' play, in how he is "very skilled, and he can get under your skin" and then there was a long awkward pause.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Joe Thornton the instigator ?  LOL....  can't he come up with his own material ?
    I was happy when he tied it up but they still could not pull it off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I was hoping it was the finger, a la Ference. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

The hate is on between those two teams. Could very well be a Western Conference Final preview. That would be fun to watch !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

We already watched it last year!

His shot was pretty sick.....crazy how someone with a shot like his only scores about 20 per.....he should have just a little more "shoot first" in him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Total, intentional shot to the head.  Targeted as the principle point of contact.  Way, way after the whistle.  Thornton should be suspended.

Is there word yet on the extent of Henrik's concussion?

I'm just preparing for my job application as a sports blogger in Vancouver.

Actually, that's much more resistance than Marchand got from Daniel last year.  The Sedins are really sticking up for themselves now...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt:
    Total, intentional shot to the head.  Targeted as the principle point of contact.  Way, way after the whistle.  Thornton should be suspended. Is there word yet on the extent of Henrik's concussion? I'm just preparing for my job application as a sports blogger in Vancouver. Actually, that's much more resistance than Marchand got from Daniel last year.  The Sedins are really sticking up for themselves now...
    Posted by Fletcher1

HAHAHA!!!  Good one Fletch!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I thought I was going to see Thornton following Recchi or Lucic's lead and offer him a bite, but what he's doing is pretty bush.  Captains' meeting with the ref is an odd time to act like a tough guy or instigator.  I just don't think JT gets it, you know?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch is funny though.  There's a guy who gets it.

Looking back, I think the Sedins lost all respect when they did that "Swedish Twins" commercial where they didn't just show up - which is all that should have been required for the gag - but they also did some sort of odd and awkward dance routine like they were in fact there as "entertainment".  Just...wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fletch is funny though.  There's a guy who gets it. Looking back, I think the Sedins lost all respect when they did that "Swedish Twins" commercial where they didn't just show up - which is all that should have been required for the gag - but they also did some sort of odd and awkward dance routine like they were in fact there as "entertainment".  Just...wrong.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Please find the video (link) , please.
    I'm needing of a good laugh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very funny, Joey T can be sneaky like that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Total, intentional shot to the head.  Targeted as the principle point of contact.  Way, way after the whistle.  Thornton should be suspended. Is there word yet on the extent of Henrik's concussion? I'm just preparing for my job application as a sports blogger in Vancouver. Actually, that's much more resistance than Marchand got from Daniel last year.  The Sedins are really sticking up for themselves now...
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch - Classic stuff!  Perhaps this shows the "level of respect" some players around the league have for the Sedins.  I'd imagine the Bruins helped with the revelation last spring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Joe played the Canucks last year with a seperated shoulder. He may not have in the past, but I'd say ya he gets it now.

I thought I was going to see Thornton following Recchi or Lucic's lead and offer him a bite, but what he's doing is pretty bush.  Captains' meeting with the ref is an odd time to act like a tough guy or instigator.  I just don't think JT gets it, you know?
    Posted by Bookboy007

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

That clown act of no-show Joe's says a lot more about him than it does about Henrik.  Seriously -- is that how a captain of an NHL team acts, by sticking his finger in the face of another captain?  What a  joke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That clown act of no-show Joe's says a lot more about him than it does about Henrik.  Seriously -- is that how a captain of an NHL team acts, by sticking his finger in the face of another captain?  What a  joke.
    Posted by 49-North

Both guys look bad here.  Thornton for acting like a punk during a captain's conference with the ref, and Henrik for, once again, refusing to stick up for himself.  Thornton doesn't do that to Shane Doan.  Henrik needs to stick up for himself at some point even if it means taking a few licks.  The ref is right there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

Hahaha funny as heck, even Thornton now he can get away with it. It's almost like the Sediens have now self respect.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

If you watch enough NHL and read enough stuff from all over N. America and maybe even venture in to the stuff in Sweden, you can only come to one conclusion. While supremely talented the Sedins are a couple of entitled, arrogant SOBs. They were showered with attention and praise from a young age, made a big splash upon entry in the NHL and have been superstars here. They should have learned some lessons in character from Lidstrom.

If you conducted a secret poll of all the players in the NHL they would be near the top of the least respected list. I bet guys on their own team would vote that way. I'd bet Kesler would not only check their names but show it to them before he slipped in to the ballot box.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Classless move by Thornton -- since when did he earn the right to stick a finger in someone's face?  I didn't see him in the finals last year when the bodies were flying.

He better not try that with Marchand.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt : Both guys look bad here.  Thornton for acting like a punk during a captain's conference with the ref, and Henrik for, once again, refusing to stick up for himself.  Thornton doesn't do that to Shane Doan.  Henrik needs to stick up for himself at some point even if it means taking a few licks.  The ref is right there.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Thornton does it because he knows he can get away with it. Two things come to mind here.

When the heck is Sedin (either one) going to stand up for himself? This goes back to the day when Chris Chelios just bullied the two of them in the playoffs.

2. When is someone going to respond? This is a regular season game in December. How long are the canuck players going to allow their top scorers/captain be treated like that? I'd set the tone now or it's going to just get worse come playoff time. Thornton should have been challenged right when the puck drops for that next face off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt : Thornton does it because he knows he can get away with it. Two things come to mind here. When the heck is Sedin (either one) going to stand up for himself? This goes back to the day when Chris Chelios just bullied the two of them in the playoffs. 2. When is someone going to respond? This is a regular season game in December. How long are the canuck players going to allow their top scorers/captain be treated like that? I'd set the tone now or it's going to just get worse come playoff time. Thornton should have been challenged right when the puck drops for that next face off.
    Posted by kelvana33

I think you're exactly right.  A game misconduct would be well worth the price if Bieksa comes flying in there from the bench and challenges Thornton to a fight.  
    It's not going to stop until somebody tries to stop it.

Perhaps the day the Canucks choose to (try to) stick up for themselves will be the upcoming game in Boston.  That would be great.  Can't wait for that game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Either the Canucks don't stick up for the Sedins because:
    a. They don't stick up for themselves or their teammates so why should they?
    b. They dislike the big-headed (both literally and figuratively) wusses and enjoy seeing them get bullied by the opposition.
    c. All of the above.

I'm going with answer c.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

2. When is someone going to respond? This is a regular season game in December. How long are the canuck players going to allow their top scorers/captain be treated like that? I'd set the tone now or it's going to just get worse come playoff time. Thornton should have been challenged right when the puck drops for that next face off.

Spot on, Kel. It's not frontier justice, it's called standing up for your teammate...something Vigneault apparently doesn't inspire his team to do. Not for anything, but did anybody care that McQuaid got 17 minutes in penalties for sticking up for his mates and pounding Bug Eyes? The 'nucks could take a lesson from that kind of behaviour.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Here you go Legion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tBr6PMkBY

Guy with the 'boombox' is 49 North...

Sections
Shortcuts