Johnny Boy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Johnny Boy

Boychuck needs to be called out a bit here.  Not just because of his gaffe last night, but for several times in this series where he has been unable to contain and keep up with Toronto's speed. Yes, he has a rocket shot, but a Dman earns his paycheck in his own zone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Johnny Boy

I think his 21 blocked shots have been pretty helpful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Boychuck needs to be called out a bit here.  Not just because of his gaffe last night, but for several times in this series where he has been unable to contain and keep up with Toronto's speed. Yes, he has a rocket shot, but a Dman earns his paycheck in his own zone.

Are you out of your mind?  Boychuk has been a warrior out there, blocking shots, scoring goals, (with a little luck, he would have had his third in the series last night).  You could equally blame Horton on that bank pass last night, who looked like a statue after missing it.  Also, Bartkowski was way up ice on the left side.  Julien should be called out for inserting Bartkowski in the lineup over Hamilton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Name one of our defenseman who can keep up with Toronto's speed? Boychuk should get a medal for his blocking ability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Boychuck sacrifices the body like no other, delivers big hits and has a rocket of a shot. Boychuck is the least of the Bruins worries right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

Boychuk is the least of our problems on defense.  Two changes I want to see next game: Hamilton in the lineup, and Ference never seeing another second on the powerplay.  His bobble leading to Toronto's first goal was brutal.  The Bartkowski experiment should be over as well.  He looked nervous on his few shifts out there & nearly coughed the puck up on several occasions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Leads the NHL during the playoffs in limping off the ice after a shift. His body must look like a rainbow by now............and he keeps coming back for more colour. 

This is a player who gives it all. Love what he brings to the Bruins defence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Boychuk did not lose the game.  Nor has his play been anything what you expect, I will accept warrior.  The team was flat, one line needs to wake up.  A team needs to score more than one goal to win a game.  I am as optimistic as I was two years ago in the Montreal series.  Bring it on!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Boychuck sacrifices the body like no other, delivers big hits and has a rocket of a shot. Boychuck is the least of the Bruins worries right now.

Spot on to all of the above.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to JoeZanussi's comment:

Are you out of your mind?  Boychuk has been a warrior out there, blocking shots, scoring goals, (with a little luck, he would have had his third in the series last night).  You could equally blame Horton on that bank pass last night, who looked like a statue after missing it.  Also, Bartkowski was way up ice on the left side.  Julien should be called out for inserting Bartkowski in the lineup over Hamilton.

CJ didn't want to break up Chara and Seidenberg. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Loves to play this kind of rock "em sock "em hockey. Obviously still has his brain malfunctions, but the Bruins need him. Bartkowski was tentative, but what do you suppose claude's directions were ? Same with Hamilton as he was very tentative and reluctant in his one game. Claude wants experience, but is being beaten by speed, youth and Bruins style agressiveness. Helps to have a very hot goalie as Reimer proved, and as Rask shows in every game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Loves to play this kind of rock "em sock "em hockey. Obviously still has his brain malfunctions, but the Bruins need him. Bartkowski was tentative, but what do you suppose claude's directions were ? Same with Hamilton as he was very tentative and reluctant in his one game. Claude wants experience, but is being beaten by speed, youth and Bruins style agressiveness. Helps to have a very hot goalie as Reimer proved, and as Rask shows in every game

Bruins are up 3-2, not down.  Claude is not being beaten, he is winning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Stop picking on Boychuck, it's not all his fault the B's couldn't get it done last night. Unfortunately we are headed to a game 7 boys, and it's a crapshoot with this bunch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

JB should be on the pp that shot has to be used more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

Stop picking on Boychuck, it's not all his fault the B's couldn't get it done last night. Unfortunately we are headed to a game 7 boys, and it's a crapshoot with this bunch

Game 7 already?

I've got a friend in Vegas.  Can you please tell me the score of Game 6?

Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

JB should be on the pp that shot has to be used more.

He misses the net a lot.  He also isn't the best with the puck.  Physically, he's very good.  Puckhandling, hand/eye, passing etc aren't his strong points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Game 7 already?

Thanks.

What element of watching last nights lazy embarrassing effort makes you think the B's are gonna storm into Toronto on Sunday and close this out? this is their MO, I'm used to it. it's best to stop being a blind homer and delusional...will save you the frustration and anger after game 6. Just sayin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What element of watching last nights lazy embarrassing effort makes you think the B's are gonna storm into Toronto on Sunday and close this out? this is their MO, I'm used to it. it's best to stop being a blind homer and delusional...will save you the frustration and anger after game 6. Just sayin.

Game 1, Game 3 and Game 4.

JUST SAYIN.

As for last night's effort, it was a one goal game.  Come down off the ledge.  Or jump.  Either is fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Game 7 already?

Thanks.

I'm not shocked that someone is predicting it going to a game 7. I'm shocked that you have a friend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I think it is more likely that the Bruins end it tomorrow...

I do not think it matters where these teams play if the Bruins give full effort and i expect it tommorrow night they will win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

My take is that it's been a terrific series. The Bruin's MO is to come out tentative and flat after a win and that certainly was the case last night. I wouldn't pick on any one of the Bruins defensemen, because aside from Chara, they have all made their share of mistakes. Rask has usually covered for them but last night the two mistakes proved fatal. No doubt about it, Boychuk is a warrior, plays hard and blocks a ton of shots, but he also turns the puck over more than any other backliner because in the defensive end he very predictably fires the puck around the boards either to an opposition defenseman at the point or to a Bruin who is covered and can't break free out of the zone. Having said that, I really believe that Boychuk has had the best series of all the defensemen, except for Chara----certainly better than Bartkowski, McQuaid, Redden, Ference and even Seidenberg.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And you need to be called out for starting a garbage thread! The guy's been the most consistent d-man in this series! Do you EVEN WATCH THE GAME EVER! Or, do you just look at a highlight & think it's been that way the whole game, or series & spout this horsseshit!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Game 1, Game 3 and Game 4.

JUST SAYIN.

As for last night's effort, it was a one goal game.  Come down off the ledge.  Or jump.  Either is fine.

LOL! Beauty!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Take it easy nite, I just like to hear other people's opinions.  I never said I was right.

Sections
Shortcuts