Johnny Boychuk Makes Me Wish The Bruins Still Had Wideman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Johnny Boychuk Makes Me Wish The Bruins Still Had Wideman

Apparently you don't need to be a good skater, have good puck-handling skills, or have any sort of hockey sense to play in the NHL.  Never have I seen such a useless hockey player.

And for those of you blaming Thomas on that goal, you have no idea what you're talking about.  Boychuk was screening him.  Plus, it's Boychuk's job to break up that pass, or at least get in front of the shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Johnny Boychuk Makes Me Wish The Bruins Still Had Wideman

Ference deserves some blame too for falling down at the blue line

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Yes, but he does not consistently screw up like Boychuk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJLOVER. Show JJLOVER's posts

In Response to Re: Johnny Boychuk Makes Me Wish The Bruins Still Had Wideman:
    Yes, but he does not consistently screw up like Boychuk.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Bs are not here without Boychuk!
    Remember the key goals against MTL!

Hope he is okay!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Boychuck and Chara need "how to play the pass on a 2 vs 1" drills, like yesterday...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

All players have room for improvement, but don't forget Johnny's been a key part in where the B's are now. But Wideman? Really? Did you forget how horrible he was? He was a human f-up highlight reel. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Any updates on him btw?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

All players have room for improvement, but don't forget Johnny's been a key part in where the B's are now. But Wideman? Really? Did you forget how horrible he was? He was a human f-up highlight reel. 
    Posted by MDsizzle

Sizzle, you know it's common practice around here for whoever made the most recent mistake to be the team's current "worst player". Boychuk has had some off nights but, overall, he's been a pleasant surprise in these playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Thought I saw him out with the guys at the end of the game but didn't know if he took any shifts.

Edit to add according to Julien via BISH Boychuk is "fine", we'll see on Wed I suppose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think Boychuk has been bad -- am I the only one?  I've seen some mistakes, but for a 3-4 defensmen, I think he's been fine.  Take any game all season long and half of the goals result for D-man mistakes.  They happen.  Boychuk played pretty well on the balance of all three playoff series though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

I don't think Boychuk has been bad -- am I the only one?  I've seen some mistakes, but for a 3-4 defensmen, I think he's been fine.  Take any game all season long and half of the goals result for D-man mistakes.  They happen.  Boychuk played pretty well on the balance of all three playoff series though.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Boychuk is more than servicable in his roll.  Kid looks like he has a lot of upside.  Needs to work on getting that shot a little more on net but he's got a good one.  He'll get better with experience for sure.  Best thing about Seidenberg being healthy is that this kid isn't forced out on the first pairing and getting run into the ground when he isn't ready.

I can say the same about McQuaid as well, maybe not as great of a shot but still a lot of upside.

Both have a lot of passion to boot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No you are not alone Fletch and I agree with JJ no Boychuk Bruins don't make it past the Shabs! He almost blocked the shot on the 2 on 1 tonight for Pete's sake.

Manchuk is a gamer Wideman is a girl who likes to dance on the blueline.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Unloading Wideman was one of those addition by subtraction deals. Boychuk is far from great but I like him alot more than Wideman. Sure he has defensive lapses, but I especially like the way he routinely steps up along the boards and forces the puck back into the TB zone without getting burned on the manoeuvre.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Wideman was a disaster in his own zone and coughed up pucks way too often to be a guy who you rely on in the playoffs. I was a Wideman fan, but what he does well--power play point and skating forward (he can't skate backward unfortunately)--he gives right back by his poor judgment calls. Wideman will make the wrong choice 50 times out of 100, and that's going to result in goals against. The Wideman who played a few years back when the team lost to Carolina, don't know what happened to him. One year wonder I guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Boychuk is exactly what someone said "a serviceable d-man"....What more do you want out of a 3rd line defensive guy when the first 2 guys are playing half the game??? He blocks out well and he has pushed guys out of the play a lot due to his size. He has taken some wicked blasts too on offense. I like him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

...and Wideman led the way for Campbell and Horton....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

Whoa...  thomas-god..  really?  I mean, johny has been nothing if not reliable and steady.  I'd say he was one of the better Dman this series. 

I like the way he plays the game day in and day out.  he does his job well and had a puck unfortunately bounce off his leg.  Happened to Bourque, too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rick Smith couldn't skate his way out of a faceoff circle, but he was as good a defensive d-man I have ever seen. Skating is overrated for dmen. You just need to have 2 out of the 6 who can skate with authority.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I'd rather have David Tanabe over Wideman

Sections
Shortcuts