Johnny Boychuk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Johnny Boychuk

Boychuk has been playing great.

"Really, NAS?  I hadn't noticed."

That is exactly what you want from him.  Zero complaints about
    Boychuk this season so far from me.

I remember some were bent about his contract.  $3.36M to show up
    every game and quietly get the job done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Johnny Boychuk

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Boychuk has been playing great.

"Really, NAS?  I hadn't noticed."

That is exactly what you want from him.  Zero complaints about
    Boychuk this season so far from me.

I remember some were bent about his contract.  $3.36M to show up
    every game and quietly get the job done.

I'll agree with you although it appears you don't need others for a conversation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's been very consistent all season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

4th-6th defenseman in the NHL are like the "referees" in ALL sports. The less you hear of them, the better job they're likely doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Bogie doesn't think so! Thinks the whole team stinks except Hamilton, but he's a rookie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Playing with Cedfano doesn't hurt his game either, but he's held up his end of the deal.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the pairings come playoff time.  Given the present roster make-up, one would think that Seidenberg stays with Hamilton and Boychuk plays with Cedfano. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I read Cedfano won the Norris trophy once.  Never heard of the guy, hehe.  Personally I do not see the consistency thing with Boychuk, but when the team plays defense (CJs system) he is valuable.  Johnny Rocket, Manchuk, and other superlatives do not cut it, he is a functioning aspect of the machine.   

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Playing with Cedfano doesn't hurt his game either, but he's held up his end of the deal.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the pairings come playoff time.  Given the present roster make-up, one would think that Seidenberg stays with Hamilton and Boychuk plays with Cedfano. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Boychuk does his job plain and simple, top four minutes and not many mistakes. He's hard on opposing forwards behind the net and catches the odd one with their head down in open ice. You don't hear his name mentioned very much when it comes to d-men having bad games. Also has a great shot...wish he would hit the net more and very durable, tough Edmonton kid.I like him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Played great today, and competes always. I like his game,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like johnny as well. Not spectacular.  But steady.  Far less bad pinches and running around.  His shot is a lazer.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://youtu.be/cOuiRgUVwQo

Plus he's always capable of this:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Boychuck is one of the players that Claude counts on, and he is cutting down on mental[ passing] mistakes. NeelyOrr [ quite a name] doesn't appreciate comments on the limitations or mistakes made by this team. Oh well, I calls them like i see them, and i don't like Johnny B taking himself out of the game just to make a big hit. Glad to see Thorny, who I often wish was the 7th player, take care of Reynaldo's flyiing[ off his feet] crunch on Boychuck. Thought the refs allowed a number of Philly's hits, trips etc. to pass without penalty, but , for the most part the Bruins kept away from retaliation. Even Lucic talked Horton down at one point. Smart hockey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Boychuck is one of the players that Claude counts on, and he is cutting down on mental[ passing] mistakes. NeelyOrr [ quite a name] doesn't appreciate comments on the limitations or mistakes made by this team. Oh well, I calls them like i see them, and i don't like Johnny B taking himself out of the game just to make a big hit. Glad to see Thorny, who I often wish was the 7th player, take care of Reynaldo's flyiing[ off his feet] crunch on Boychuck. Thought the refs allowed a number of Philly's hits, trips etc. to pass without penalty, but , for the most part the Bruins kept away from retaliation. Even Lucic talked Horton down at one point. Smart hockey.

Yea which is something Nobody else see's! Get off the bath salt...And you're one to talk about a name

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nite, let Bogie say what he wants.  He's been a B's fan since Schmidt wore the jersey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

boychuk's game has improved immensely from last year to this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

As much as I'd like to agree with Boychuk's play, I don't think Julien has the luxury of pairing Ceddy with Seidenberg come playoff time. That might have more to do with Hamilton than Boychuck, though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I really like Boychuck as a #4 defender.  Steady.  Well rounded.  I like his intelligence.  He seems to know when to hang back on D and when to jump into the play on offense.

I wouldnt be against giving him an expanded role on the PP.

Sections
Shortcuts