Johnson In Lineup Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Johnson In Lineup Again

I'm not sure why but McQuaid needed a couple of days off that weren't injury related. He's supposed to be back in tomorrow against NJ. As a result, we get another chance to see Johnson get some ice time. Although unspectacular, I thought Johnson played reasonably well in the games he played. He's obviously a very different player than McQuaid but truly isn't a real drop off in his overall contribution. It would just be nice to finally have some real depth on D for those times when the inevitable injuries happen.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=652791

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Johnson In Lineup Again

Corvo's playing too, which should help.;p

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I agree dez...I thought PC should have taken a look at Pavel Kubina who is playing over in Czechoslovakia now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought Johnson had a steady game as well.  I didn't notice him can be a compliment with a guy like that.  I think he is a nice 7 th dman but I am still hoping for an upgrade.  Johnson is no Chara. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I agree dez...I thought PC should have taken a look at Pavel Kubina who is playing over in Czechoslovakia now. 

Hang, it's a bit trickier to sign a reliable guy to come in and be the #7 guy. Kubina probably couldn't be bothered to do that and might not be enough of an upgrade over McQuaid to justify pushing Adam out of the lineup. I also like Kubina. Good size with decent mobility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I thought Johnson had a steady game as well.  I didn't notice him can be a compliment with a guy like that.  I think he is a nice 7 th dman but I am still hoping for an upgrade.  Johnson is no Chara. 

You mean Johnson is no Pronger.  oops won;t go there again ; )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

You mean Johnson is no Pronger.  oops won;t go there again ; )

That was actually a great debate.  I love Pronger.  I believe they are very similar.  Oops. I said I loved someone.  Prepare for three pages of fromage.   Well played Donald Trump. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sorry. Meant Donald king.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I'm not sure why but McQuaid needed a couple of days off that weren't injury related. He's supposed to be back in tomorrow against NJ. As a result, we get another chance to see Johnson get some ice time. Although unspectacular, I thought Johnson played reasonably well in the games he played. He's obviously a very different player than McQuaid but truly isn't a real drop off in his overall contribution. It would just be nice to finally have some real depth on D for those times when the inevitable injuries happen.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=652791

Apparently a death in the family. PEI obits list a recent passing in the family. Grandmother??? Not sure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Good Maritime Boy.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I disagree on Johnson. I thought he looked lost at times. He was out of position a bunch, mostly  in his own end when the other team was controlling the puck. However, he looked decent in transition.  I think he's used to playing man-to-man perhaps and the CJ system is a bit of an adjustment for him. I'm hoping he plays a bit better tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The kid tries, but he makes me cringe.

Maybe because his experience is only with Columbus, that could explain his passing up the middle and being out of position.

Hopefully, playing with Champions will improve his game. At least, I hope so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Maybe because his experience is only with Columbus, that could explain his passing up the middle and being out of position.

Wheats, the Bruins are actually Johnson's 6th NHL team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

That says it all then. I have little hopes for him therefore. He'll continue to make me cringe for as long as he's here.

That tells me everything: I have no hopes for him then.

He'll continue to make me cringe for as long as he's here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

That says it all then. I have little hopes for him therefore. He'll continue to make me cringe for as long as he's here.

That tells me everything: I have no hopes for him then.

He'll continue to make me cringe for as long as he's here.

Another good maritime boy.  McQ makes me cringe a lot.  AJ has bumped around a lot.  But I don't have an issue giving him some minutes.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Another good maritime boy.  McQ makes me cringe a lot.  AJ has bumped around a lot.  But I don't have an issue giving him some minutes.  

Like I was saying, it's not easy to find a reliable guy to come in and play spot duty. I like what I've seen from AJ so far. No complaints.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

He's a 7th D on this team...if we was good he'd be a regular somewhere. Expect the occasional cringe moment. Look at the bright side Wheat....he's probably an upgrade over Hnidy or someone like that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

He's a 7th D on this team...if we was good he'd be a regular somewhere. Expect the occasional cringe moment. Look at the bright side Wheat....he's probably an upgrade over Hnidy or someone like that.

WTL, that's what I can't help thinking too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Could he take over the colour commentary for the Jets too then? Hnidy's annoying the crap out of me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Could he take over the colour commentary for the Jets too then? Hnidy's annoying the crap out of me.

Oh, I forgot you got the sherriff up there! I would expect him to digress alot. Maybe talk about his next tat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

He can't be as bad as Millen, Healy, Simmer, or Garrett can he Red? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Someone on the Bruins Blog said we should re-sign Mike Mottau, who hasn't suited up for one game and isn't listed on the Leafs roster, or You guessed it...Jets broadcaster Sherrif Shayne...you know the one who hasn't played since 2011 :facepalm

Oy vey!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

He got a stupid cross-checking penalty when he retaliated for a high hit but aside from that he was okay. Ference and Kelly had dumb turnovers that led to the tieing goals but a victory, especially on the road, is always a great result.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I actually think that Johnson may be more skilled than McQuaid. Watching last night's game I was astounded at how talentless McQuaid is. He can't skate, can't dribble the puck and can't pass. Aside from being good with his fists what does he bring to the table?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to trouts' comment:

I actually think that Johnson may be more skilled than McQuaid. Watching last night's game I was astounded at how talentless McQuaid is. He can't skate, can't dribble the puck and can't pass. Aside from being good with his fists what does he bring to the table?

None of us can.