Jonathan Drouin sent back to junior by Tampa Bay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jonathan Drouin sent back to junior by Tampa Bay

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/23913072/jonathan-drouin-no-3-pick-sent-back-to-junior-by-tampa-bay-lightning

Drouin is the third top-10 draft pick from 2013 to have been reassigned to his junior club. Edmonton's Darnell Nurse and Vancouver's Bo Horvat are the other two. Though his puck skills are highlight worthy, Drouin may lack the physical strength for the NHL's 82-game grind.

As Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman told the Tampa Tribune Saturday:

“Mostly, we want him playing. And if he's not going to play regular (in the NHL), I want him playing. I don't really have a timetable on it because we do have the luxury …to stagger their games and delay it for as long as you really want. So, it's not like we are under a time crunch or anything.”

Why not use the 10 days before sending him down ?

Is it using up the year of EL ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Jonathan Drouin sent back to junior by Tampa Bay

Surprised for sure. Good news for Halifax.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not so surprised, actually. TB doing the right thing for once is the surprising part.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

It may be an indication on how tough teams think it is going to be, to make the playoffs in the East this year.

Every game is so important, you can't afford to cary a young player that isn't NHL ready, to give him some experience, even if it is just for 9 games.

Let's get this season started, already!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Why not use the 10 days before sending him down ?

Is it using up the year of EL ?

[/QUOTE]

Someone on the radio a few weeks back talked about keeping or not keeping a young player up. His point was this, once a guy gets a taste of the NHL, and thinks he belongs there, anything else is considered a demotion, and can ruin the players attitude. I think you have to be careful of when you bring a player up, and if he doesn't have a chance to survive, then the sooner you send him back the better. 

Personally, I think TB is doing the right thing. Hell, it's not like they are going to make the playoffs anyway. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

On the job training, throw him on the 4th line and let him learn some jam. It's an EL one-more-year move. If that's it then, for a team like Tampa, small market situations dictate this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was at the game last night.  Drouin was a ghost.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Sounds like the right move. I'm sure he'll make the squad next year, and we'll see him feeding Stamkos with highlight reel goals for a long time. But it's best to not destroy a smaller guys' confidence by getting beaten up as an 18 year old. Let him put 10 pounds of muscle on to be more prepared for immediate success when he steps into the league. That will only help his confidence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I was at the game last night.  Drouin was a ghost.

What is the cost of preseason in Fla, or is there any?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Boy do I wish the Bruins had traded Seguin for him.

(Hi shupe.) 

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I thought I heard "no way is Seguin getting traded!" on BDC ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

They tried charging for tickets and no one went, so they gave them away free.

Such a score.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They tried charging for tickets and no one went, so they gave them away free.

Such a score.

[/QUOTE]

I cannot believe that. I'd be getting my mail there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Boy do I wish the Bruins had traded Seguin for him.

(Hi shupe.) 

From the same guy who didnt wanna trade seguin.  Drouin is gonna be a great talent.  im with san that give him the 8 gm tryout.  But, if hes not being used another year of junior will help him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I certainly didn't want them to deal him for another top 3 pick who could take 3-5 years to become a cornerstone player.  I'm disappointed that they dealt him, but I can live with the return.

As for Drouin, it'll be interesting to see what happens in Halifax without a number of the key pieces around Drouin.  He'll get a lot more attention.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/jonathan-drouin-returns-halifax-mooseheads-tampa-bay-lightning-194700487.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I certainly didn't want them to deal him for another top 3 pick who could take 3-5 years to become a cornerstone player.  I'm disappointed that they dealt him, but I can live with the return.

As for Drouin, it'll be interesting to see what happens in Halifax without a number of the key pieces around Drouin.  He'll get a lot more attention.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/jonathan-drouin-returns-halifax-mooseheads-tampa-bay-lightning-194700487.html

Book. Nathan missed a lot of the year.  Drouin going back to junior isnt terrible bc i will be happy for him to play for canada.  The mooseheads are going to be much better with drouin playing.  Moosehead tickets sales will climb again.  

I dont think it will take 3-5 yrs for the record.  I think his vision and hockey sense are way above nathan.  I watched a lot of moosehead gms and i was much more impressed with drouin then nathan.  time will tell.  I would have done seguin for drouin.  I think drouin would have made our top 6 and since we dealt seguin for cap space maybe we could have extra funds for a better 3rd line option and a goalie.  

Im very happy with loui, but having drouin with bergie marchand would have been fun to watch.  i do believe loui is obviously a much better fit at the moment.