Jordan Caron Heating Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Jordan Caron Heating Up

Good. Time for a little roster shake-up in Boston.  I'd rather watch young players get beat by skill than watch old players get beat by hustle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron Heating Up:
    I'd rather watch young players get beat by skill than watch old players get beat by hustle.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Good line... I may have to borrow that one! Sums this team up pretty well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Jordan Caron Heating Up:
    Caron has a 3-point game today in a 5-3 loss (2-1-3). He has points in 4 of his last 5 (3-3-6). Colby Cohen also gets on the scoresheet, 1-1-2 today.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Let's first see if Caron can continue playing at this pace, as he now has a TOTAL of 6 points in 13 GP at Providence. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Is he at the top of the list if there's a callup ?  

btw I wonder if the opinion about Caron being an idiot and egotistical changed since draft day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

btw I wonder if the opinion about Caron being an idiot and egotistical changed since draft day.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

No.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron Heating Up : No.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

As expected .

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Dont look now but Hamill (hard to say with a straight face) seems to be playing really well also.  He has surpassed Colborne in pts and has a +3 on a team with few + players.

Wouldn't it be great if some team actually found interest in him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dont look know but Hamill (hard to say with a straight face) seems to be playing really well also.  He has surpassed Colborne in pts and has a +3 on a team with few + players.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

I would be thrilled to be wrong about this guy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron Heating Up : I would be thrilled to be wrong about this guy. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree NAS, he's one of those "frustrating" players to watch where as the talent and potential are noticeably visible. The kid has just never put it together. He may be a late bloomer like Ville Leino of Philadelphia or Chris Stewart of Colorado, both which were highly touted but had slow starts to their pro career. Also, situation may be a difference. Regardless, he has not played well enough to stick around the NHL as of yet. Perhaps he can keep this going. Looked great in the game against Washington last year, had 2-assist and +2 rating if my memory serves me correctly while playing over 10min. Maybe, he's just one of these athletes that seems to play better with better talent around him. Has been on fire since having Caron on his wing...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[quote]  btw I wonder if the opinion about Caron being an idiot and egotistical changed since draft day

I never heard this.  What's the deal?  Who said what?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bruins need to move some cap space to bring him up .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

whats wrong with the goalies in Providence ...last night 29-15 SOG for Providence but still lost 5-3 ?????? Maybe the B's should draft a goalie in June 2011 ?????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Good sit recchi bye bye Paille and call up Caron. Play him on the wing with Seguin and Bergy on the other wing. He is a  big body, with a bit of finishing touch, and good at getting to the net. That line would have a real good combonation of skills

Bergy- Amazing boards play/passing/shooting/solid defensively
    Seguin- Flat out speed/passing/deking
    caron- big/front of the net presence/solid defensively

Also would be a speedier line than one with Rex

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Scooter - I am with you.  I never heard this about Caron either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Caron should be
     brought back up. Where did this rumor of dumb and ego come from??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hamill is definitely one of those players who plays better with some players than with others.  I don't know what Dorothy feeds him when he's home for the holidays, but he always seems to come out in the new year and start producing like a real prospect.  That's how he ended up in Boston for the Washington game last year (1 assist, +1). 

As lame as 2 goals may be, he's already producing at a higher rate than he did over the course of last year: .676 ppg vs. .567.  At his current pace, though, he still only hits about 51 points in 75 games.  If he has another second-half surge playing with Caron and Reich, who knows?  I'm sure we'd all love to be wrong about the guy.  I was ready to send him to Finland in the fall when he started deathly slow and made no real challenge for the big roster, but here I am thinking "may....be....?"  Or, like Homer Simpson chasing a catapulted suckling pig "It's still good!  It's still good!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Stanley - I'm with you, the Bruins need to draft or acquire some goaltending prospects.  Right now, all of their non-NHL pro goaltenders are FA signees - Dalton, Courchaine, Schaffer.  The first two weren't good enough to be drafted and so were signed as FAs, and Schaffer's a guy who went Euro and came back.  Hutchinson is a hit and miss guy.  Big goalie who gets by on being big more often than you'd want, but who needs to improve his technique if he's to have a future.  He went through this in Jr. too - couldn't really grab the reins in a platoon situation in Barrie despite 5 shutouts in 38 games.  Went to a strong London team and had a winning record for the first time in his Jr. career, 32-12-2, though his save% didn't really change.  Then he got lit up in the playoffs by Skinner. 

Looked like he was making progress in Providence, but then they sent him to the ECHL to get another look at Dalton.  Dalton got chased by Bingo, so I'm guessing that experiment lasts two weeks or so. 

Other than Skinner, the only goalie they've drafted and still control is Zane Gothberg.  Oh ya, he plays HS hockey in Fargo.  That whistling sound is the bare cupboard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good. Time for a little roster shake-up in Boston.  I'd rather watch young players get beat by skill than watch old players get beat by hustle. Posted by Fletcher1

Correct but Chiarelli can't bring anyone up as he had to put Stuart on IR just to bring in Bartkowski. So in order to get a look to see what the kids can do. Players need to be dumped more than likely players fans might not like too see go but that's the way it goes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Sandog,
    is he on IR, or LTIR, we dont get any capspace for moving a guy to IR..

Stanley,
    Goalies are low priority for the bruins, we have thomas (aging yes) but we have Rask as the future starter, while having solid competition for rask would be great, I think there are bigger holes that need filling since we can always sign capable back ups..

I think when there is a draft deep with goalies you make your pick, but how dissapointed would we all have been to see the bruins draft a goalie in the first 2 rounds this year when there really is no need (for the forseab future)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sandog, is he on IR, or LTIR, we dont get any capspace for moving a guy to IR.. Stanley, Goalies are low priority for the bruins, we have thomas (aging yes) but we have Rask as the future starter, while having solid competition for rask would be great, I think there are bigger holes that need filling since we can always sign capable back ups.. I think when there is a draft deep with goalies you make your pick, but how dissapointed would we all have been to see the bruins draft a goalie in the first 2 rounds this year when there really is no need (for the forseab future)
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Agree here but remember goalies take longer to develope. They can't wait too long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Roler, from Fluto

"Stuart going to IR is a formality to clear a roster spot for Bartkowski. Stuart had not been on IR previously, which technically meant he was healthy, even though he's not expected back until later this month. A team must have less than six healthy defensemen for another blue liner to be recalled on emergency."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

B's
    true, but rask should be fine in net for what??  I mean hes 22?  So you wait till the right draft, right player, theres no point in using a draft pick on a potential back up for Rask..

you can sign that guy, you can sign a mediocre starter etc.. next year, the following year, the etc, the bruins will have a shot a player who then can develop into a starter, I am fine with that, it took thomas till he was 30 to get here, with rask we got that kind of time ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Sandog,
    I read that as a roster spot, not cap room.  Emergency recall still affects the cap.. Players on emergency recall are not required to clear waivers etc..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The Bruins do indeed seem threadbare for goalies down the line, but I hate using high draft picks on goalies, which are so hard to predict development-wsie at that age.  I think each year they should do what they did with Gothberg -- use a late round pick on a young goalie prospect.  Then look for more proven goalie prospects in trades like they did with Rask.  I would be against using a draft pick in the first four rounds on a goalie.  As Roler said, hopefully we've got plenty of time to worry about that with Rask as a long-term starter.

I really think it is time to jettison Paille, even if it is for nothing.  Then you have the cap space to give Providence guys an occasional call-up. 

Sections
Shortcuts