Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jordan Caron

He's been taking a beating around here.

Guess what?  He's a rookie.  He has played 26 NHL games.  For those who are all down on him, let me ask you this:  What did you expect?  He a young, inexperienced player. 

All we can ask for this early is flashes of good play, and we have certainly seen that.

So get off his back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Jordan Caron

In Response to Jordan Caron:
    [QUOTE]He's been taking a beating around here. Guess what?  He's a rookie.  He has played 26 NHL games.  For those who are all down on him, let me ask you this:  What did you expect?  He a young, inexperienced player.  All we can ask for this early is flashes of good play, and we have certainly seen that. So get off his back.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't agree more. He's playing limited minutes and still contributes to the PK(last game at least). I wasn't expecting him to chip in many points in the role he's been given.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He's also getting less than 9 minutes of playing time. Pretty hard to get confindent playing in the NHL playing so little.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There was a reason why Mckenzie said during the 2009 draft that the kid could be the steal of the 1st round but he is not using what what got him to the NHL.  I defended him when he made the turnover in Carolina because I've seen seasoned veterans make mistakes like that.

Jordan's got good hockey sense but not using it so far, Not using his size too out muscle the opposition in the corner. Caron hasn't used that big frame of his to seek n seperate his opponent from the puck as he always seems to be chasing the play.

I would not think it bad if Caron were sent back down to Providence or Julien might tell PC that he'll be fine we'll work that youth out of him with coaching. If that is bashing so be it, I like the kid and don't mind watching him make mistakes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

On top of that... the guys he's playing with aren't especially offensively gifted or offensively focused. Kelly has some notable strengths but no one is ever gonna confuse him with a 30 goal or 40 assist guy. Pouliot is well Byron Bitz with a different accent.

[QUOTE]He's been taking a beating around here. Guess what?  He's a rookie.  He has played 26 NHL games.  For those who are all down on him, let me ask you this:  What did you expect?  He a young, inexperienced player.  All we can ask for this early is flashes of good play, and we have certainly seen that. So get off his back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agreed, Caron does more things well than poorly already, and he is only going to get better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Maybe you are all right about him, but I just haven't seen anything from him to be optimistic about... Perhaps he'll blend in in the NHL... but really blending in feels like the ceiling for him.

He looks like a mediocre third liner that will be out of the league before he's a veteran.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you are all right about him, but I just haven't seen anything from him to be optimistic about... Perhaps he'll blend in in the NHL... but really blending in feels like the ceiling for him. He looks like a mediocre third liner that will be out of the league before he's a veteran.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

I agree that he does look like a mediocre 3rd liner now.  But he is young and he does some of the more difficult things well (positioning, defense), so I am hopeful that he will round out the rest of his game and keep getting better and better.  It's just too soon to give up on the kid, IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I remember 1 of our guys who ended up being a Stanley cup hero that after 20 games in his first yr he had 1 assists & looked like a smaller version of a Dan Paille with anvil hands. Give the guy some slack. We certainly gave Seguin lots of it & he went 2nd overall. Joe Thornton had 7 pts in 57 games in the 97-98 season & he didn't really start showing his worth until Keenan got a hold of him. Not saying Caron is a BM, or a Joe skill wise, but he deserves to get some time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Caron's play has been a disappointment to me so far this year . I actually liked what I saw from him in his first go around better then this year so far .

Any truth to the rumour that he's an egotistical idiot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe you are all right about him, but I just haven't seen anything from him to be optimistic about... Perhaps he'll blend in in the NHL... but really blending in feels like the ceiling for him. He looks like a mediocre third liner that will be out of the league before he's a veteran.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

He has played in a total of 26 NHL games.  I can't believe he doesn't have 50 goals yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I am not judging Caron based on numbers, just with a simple eye test.  I see a player who is a JAG, he does nothing extremely well.  He is a young guy that should bring much more energy to the game.  When I watched him in the World Juniors, he was flying around the ice hitting everything in sight.  Even in Claude's system, this kid should be bringing a lot more bang to the table.  For someone fighting for his NHL life, way to soft for my liking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I am not judging Caron based on numbers, just with a simple eye test.  I see a player who is a JAG, he does nothing extremely well.  He is a young guy that should bring much more energy to the game.  When I watched him in the World Juniors, he was flying around the ice hitting everything in sight.  Even in Claude's system, this kid should be bringing a lot more bang to the table.  For someone fighting for his NHL life, way to soft for my liking.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Mean, I'm seeing a similarity between Caron and last year's Seguin. Both guys seemed more caught up in trying to get through each shift without a mistake than they are with trying to make something happen. Strangely enough, Caron looked more comfortable last year when there was no real expectation of him making the team. Now that he's expected to have a role with the big club it seems he's squeezing the stick much harder. I thought he was better in game 1 against Philly than he has been since. I think he'll be fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

"he was flying around the ice hitting everything in sight.  Even in Claude's system, this kid should be bringing a lot more bang to the table."

I say this every time Lucic doesn't bring his scoring touch with him to the Garden. Could be a bit of the same illness. A kid trying to be what he's not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : He has played in a total of 26 NHL games.  I can't believe he doesn't have 50 goals yet.

Dont you know? He sucks, we should trade him for an old vet who we know will only put up sub-par numbers, cost 3x as much as caron and diminish the growth of our first round  draft pick.

Its 5 Games in already 5 GAMES CANT YOU SEE HOW IMPORTANT THAT IS????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

what are you his father or something jeez.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Yes Jordan turned that puck over...but guess what the puck should have never been there.  Ferrence coughed it up right before then.  This is a vet that made a mistake and the rookie is getting hammered for it.  Lay off him.  He just doesn't know what he should be doing with that line yet.  

If you all want to hammer people hammer Lucic and Horton and as of the last 2 games Peverly and Seguin.  Now just becuase Seguin is at a point per game pace doesn't mean he is playing well.  He has started shying away from body to body contact and the same for Perverly.  I am not saying either should be banging like a Thorton should but you need to get in there and fight and not be afraid of getting in there first and taking a hit.  My observations.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Mean, I'm seeing a similarity between Caron and last year's Seguin. Both guys seemed more caught up in trying to get through each shift without a mistake than they are with trying to make something happen. Strangely enough, Caron looked more comfortable last year when there was no real expectation of him making the team. Now that he's expected to have a role with the big club it seems he's squeezing the stick much harder. I thought he was better in game 1 against Philly than he has been since. I think he'll be fine.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

^^^ this

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Unfortunately for young players, Claude's limited leash has them trying more to avoid mistakes than playing their game. Last year Caron's work with Bergeron was interesting to watch, and in this year's pre-season games , Caron was solid. Now it's time for one or more coaches to do what coaching should do for this 20 year old. Encourage and help him progress. Stabilizing his linemates should also help.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Unfortunately for young players, Claude's limited leash has them trying more to avoid mistakes than playing their game. Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

If that leash keeps bringing home the Cup, I'll take it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Dont you know? He sucks, we should trade him for an old vet who we know will only put up sub-par numbers, cost 3x as much as caron and diminish the growth of our first round  draft pick. Its 5 Games in already 5 GAMES CANT YOU SEE HOW IMPORTANT THAT IS????
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

How many games are you going to give him before you give someone else a shot?  His number in 26 games are 3 goals 4 assists +1.  I don't care about those stats.  However, in 26 games he has only 22 hits!  For a comparison, Milan Lucic had around 61 hits in the same number of games based on his 181 over 77 games his rookie season.  That's the kind of energy that I want to see from Caron.  If he isn't gonna bring that tough to play against energy, I would rather see a guy with more offensive upside.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Eventually you have to see some improvement though.  I wanted Caron to force Pouliot off the team, and that's why I'm slightly disappointed.  I don't expect Caron to score a lot of goals.  Just simply appear a little more like he knows what he's doing.  I still think the place for him is on Bergeron's line. Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Caron/Pouliot Kelly-Seguin-Peverley Paille-Campbell-Thornton Pouliot would also benefit from playing with Bergeron.  Maybe he can slow it down a little bit,
    and be a little more under control.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

well a lot of people would benefit from playing with Bergeron but this kid is nowhere near ready to play on the 2nd line for a cup winning team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I am not judging Caron based on numbers, just with a simple eye test.  I see a player who is a JAG, he does nothing extremely well.  He is a young guy that should bring much more energy to the game.  When I watched him in the World Juniors, he was flying around the ice hitting everything in sight.  Even in Claude's system, this kid should be bringing a lot more bang to the table.  For someone fighting for his NHL life, way to soft for my liking.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's doing what he's told?  We don't know what the coaching staff has given him for instructions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : How many games are you going to give him before you give someone else a shot?  His number in 26 games are 3 goals 4 assists +1.  I don't care about those stats.  However, in 26 games he has only 22 hits!  For a comparison, Milan Lucic had around 61 hits in the same number of games based on his 181 over 77 games his rookie season.  That's the kind of energy that I want to see from Caron.  If he isn't gonna bring that tough to play against energy, I would rather see a guy with more offensive upside.  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Why is he being compared to Lucic?

His point totals are minimal most likely due to the system he has been directed to follow and the fact that his linemates, outside of Chris Kelly, have been a offensive farce.

I haven't been to a regular season game yet, but I can tell you that in the preseason, he was a very good player.  He played well enough to stay with the big club when others didn't. 

He'll be fine.  He might not ever be a first line player, or even a second line player, but he'll be an NHLer and for right now, he's Bruins property.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Maybe he's doing what he's told?  We don't know what the coaching staff has given him for instructions.

While I agree that Caron hasn't exactly seized the opportunity in Boston so far, the reason I remain optimistic is this:  Most rookies can score some or show flashes of talent, but they usually fail because they can't adapt to the NHL system and no longer being the star player.  They just can't adjust to having to play positionally sound on every shift and play defense effectively.  They didn't have to do all that in junior/college and it is hard to learn in the NHL.  Caron is the opposite.  He hasn't shown much flash or ability to score, but he has shown that he can play the system well, be positionally-sound, and play defense.  He already does the hardest part of the game well, so there should be optimism that the rest of the game will improve.  I still like him.