Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: Jordan Caron

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Maybe he's read some of your "reviews" of his play this year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he realized he better start showing or he was going to end up like Hamill!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

People forget that Seguin was super slow to get going (youth) and that Joe Thornton also took an entire season of grooming to get to become the type of marquee player he became. Not comparing Caron to either, but he obviously outskated the opponents on rushes into the zone and he has a bit of a nose to the net. So instead of Rolston becoming a possible Recchi type, we got Caron doing offense while Rolston can supply short-hand and PP roles as a forechecker, setup guy and defensive forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ice time means a lot. Paille is the type of guy who when he gets more shifts, he's more effective, I feel the same way about Campbell. Maybe the more shifts Caron gets, the more confidence he gets, and now he understands hey I can score, and I can help the team win. It's again, a great surprise. I expected very little from him since the yo-yo to minor leagues.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Or maybe he realized he better start showing or he was going to end up like Hamill!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Yes, he probably just realized that he needs to work hard. If only he found out sooner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]People forget that Seguin was super slow to get going (youth) and that Joe Thornton also took an entire season of grooming to get to become the type of marquee player he became. Not comparing Caron to either, but he obviously outskated the opponents on rushes into the zone and he has a bit of a nose to the net. So instead of Rolston becoming a possible Recchi type, we got Caron doing offense while Rolston can supply short-hand and PP roles as a forechecker, setup guy and defensive forward.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Thornton didn't take an entire season to become the player he is. He was never given a chance.  He was scratched often, and rarely played any solid minutes. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Thornton didn't take an entire season to become the player he is. He was never given a chance.  He was scratched often, and rarely played any solid minutes. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

True, it seemed like 1 game with limited minutes then press box for a game or two..Last game you could see the confidence in Carons game..A young player who figured out that going to the net is a good thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Doesn't he have 5 points now in 3 games? I think his confidence is picking up and so is CJ's in his play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't he have 5 points now in 3 games? I think his confidence is picking up and so is CJ's in his play.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

6 in 3 I believe but he was not much of a factor tonight overall. The top line (Lucic-Krecji-Seguin) really carried the play most of the night along with the top D pairing of Chara and JB. Good night for the top dogs carrying the load.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

For the record, to this day Joe Thornton credits Keenan's bringing him along slowly as the biggest reason he is as successful as he is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I thought he was good tonight. First time seeing him in person so I was able to focus on him a bit. Moves well in free space and is a good skater. Seems defensively responsible and positionally sound. Next year for him will be like Marchand last year. 20+ goals and a prominent role on the penalty kill. He is an NHL'er for sure. I pray CJ keeps him with 37 and 63.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

In response to "Jordan Caron": [QUOTE]He's been taking a beating around here. Guess what?  He's a rookie.  He has played 26 NHL games.  For those who are all down on him, let me ask you this:  What did you expect?  He a young, inexperienced player.  All we can ask for this early is flashes of good play, and we have certainly seen that. So get off his back. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] You're right I kicked this guy a few times for being unproductive and just lacking urgency with his game. Well something has clicked with Caron and it couldnt come at a better time. Horton may have a challenge on his hands to regain top 6 forward minutes when cleared to play..?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I was womdering when all those "trade Caron," and "send him back" comments, and commentators were going to recognize how good this kid can be. I thought that Claude was jerking the kid around too much with the up, then down, scenario, plus putting a strong defensive leash on the kid. Now you all seem to see the potential of another strong, good skating wing to complement Bergeron and Marchand. The change also seemed better for Ralston in his play with Kelly. Claude will have some interesting choices when Peverly [ solid] and Horton [maybe] return. McDermid's play makes you wonder if they will re-sign Thornton, Pouliot, and Paille. They will need some as tradeable for better defensemen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]I was womdering when all those "trade Caron," and "send him back" comments, and commentators were going to recognize how good this kid can be. I thought that Claude was jerking the kid around too much with the up, then down, scenario, plus putting a strong defensive leash on the kid. Now you all seem to see the potential of another strong, good skating wing to complement Bergeron and Marchand. The change also seemed better for Ralston in his play with Kelly. Claude will have some interesting choices when Peverly [ solid] and Horton [maybe] return. McDermid's play makes you wonder if they will re-sign Thornton, Pouliot, and Paille. They will need some as tradeable for better defensemen.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

McDermind is Thorty's eventual replacement.  Dont need two goons.  And Thorty has a job as long as he wants it.  When Thorty retires, you'll see McD but not until (assuming health).

To want Caron on line 2 over Peverly and Horton is a clear cut case of falling in love with youth.  I understand that its exciting to see a prospect show signs of breaking out, but lets not get carried away.  Fully healthy, Caron is on the fourth line (or the pine).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]I was womdering when all those "trade Caron," and "send him back" comments, and commentators were going to recognize how good this kid can be. I thought that Claude was jerking the kid around too much with the up, then down, scenario, plus putting a strong defensive leash on the kid. Now you all seem to see the potential of another strong, good skating wing to complement Bergeron and Marchand. The change also seemed better for Ralston in his play with Kelly. Claude will have some interesting choices when Peverly [ solid] and Horton [maybe] return. McDermid's play makes you wonder if they will re-sign Thornton, Pouliot, and Paille. They will need some as tradeable for better defensemen.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

He's not THAT good.  He's a solid third liner who is hot right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jordan Caron promoted to the top line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Two good games a couple of games ago and now he is on the first line? An obvious display of a lack of depth.

Oh well, at least it is not Whifield.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron:[QUOTE]Two good games a couple of games ago and now he is on the first line? An obvious display of a lack of depth. Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Hotter than Seguin hence the switch and it's not Caron's fault players are hurt but he's done his fill the void that is obvious to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]For the record, to this day Joe Thornton credits Keenan's bringing him along slowly as the biggest reason he is as successful as he is.
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

It's unknown if this was a direct cause.  Had Joe been let loose his first season, would he not be as great?  No one knows.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Hotter than Seguin hence the switch and it's not Caron's fault players are hurt but he's done his fill the void that is obvious to me.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Very true but he is not the gamebreaker Seguin is. He may ultimately make a living on the third line playing 10-12 minutes a night but he is completely miscast in a first line role.

Remember the Byron Bitz experiment? Caron has more skill than Bitz but you get my point (I hope).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Very true but he is not the gamebreaker Seguin is. He may ultimately make a living on the third line playing 10-12 minutes a night but he is completely miscast in a first line role. Remember the Byron Bitz experiment? Caron has more skill than Bitz but you get my point (I hope). Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

True n True but I'd be willing to bet Caron starts getting more than 10-12 Mins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : True n True but I'd be willing to bet Caron starts getting more than 10-12 Mins.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I hope he can sustain his good play, I really do. I guess I have never really been sold on him because he was never a scorer at any level and to me that means a third liner at best. Two good games does not a career make.

Hope I am wrong. Again, he is much better than Whifield. I bet CJ was seriously considering putting olde Trent with Lucic and Krejci.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : I hope he can sustain his good play, I really do. I guess I have never really been sold on him because he was never a scorer at any level and to me that means a third liner at best. Two good games does not a career make. Hope I am wrong. Again, he is much better than Whifield. I bet CJ was seriously considering putting olde Trent with Lucic and Krejci.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    Hasn't Caron got points in 5 of 6 games?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Hasn't Caron got points in 5 of 6 games?

Yes but he has only really been much of a factor in the March 4rth (NYR) and 6th (TO) games. Just my opinion though.

I am not saying he play is not improving because it has. He, however, is not going to be a consistent top six point producer. Again, just my opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Yes but he has only really been much of a factor in the March 4rth (NYR) and 6th (TO) games. Just my opinion though.   I am not saying he play is not improving because it has. He, however, is not going to be a consistent top six point producer. Again, just my opinion.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    Jay, I've always projected him to be a 3rd liner too. I just think he'll be a lot like Peverley-a great 3rd liner who can be plugged into any of the 4 lines if need be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Jay, I've always projected him to be a 3rd liner too. I just think he'll be a lot like Peverley-a great 3rd liner who can be plugged into any of the 4 lines if need be.

Dez, if you are right then I am perfectly fine with that. He has come a long way this year. In truth, he really did not belong in the lineup based on his play until that Ranger game. Now he is probably a legit starter and less a stopgap so good for him....

Sections
Shortcuts