Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Jordan Caron

This is an oppurtunity for him show something. He has not taken advantage of it.  I'm not saying score 3 goals in a week but can we get something out of him? A glimpse? I have not seen one thing from him to say something positive. Not one. How many games now? Might be time to cut losses here and see if we can include him in a deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoriabruinsfan. Show victoriabruinsfan's posts

Re: Jordan Caron

Agreed... Caron is should not be playing in the show....
    He is invisable !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

No way.  He will be beast next year.  Trains hard in off-season, has IQ, skill and strength.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

He's got potential to be a good role player for the Bruins in the future, he's just not NHL ready yet. The Bruins aren't deep like people were saying they were, they're balanced.

I also don't expect a lot of production from him, but it would be nice to see him play a bit more physical.

Caron is only 21 and should have been playing in the AHL all season instead of bouncing in and out of the Bruins lineup, the press box, and AHL.

Keep him and he makes a good third liner and penalty killer, but the Bruins really need someone who can score. I have a feeling he will be traded seeing how they don't really have anyone else they are willing to trade who teams would actually want.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoriabruinsfan. Show victoriabruinsfan's posts

More seasoning yah maybe....we don't need a player "in training" now and especially in the playoffs.
    He makes alot of mistakes and should be learning to correct those in the A  not in the N.
    If caron is the best of the bunch in the baby B's organization then we are in trouble in the future.... we need a goal scorer NOW .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

he hasn't even shown flashes, he's a 4th liner at best, but the guy doesn't even block shots.

Honestly, he's a nobody--he'll be outta the league next year imo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Caron's defense, he only played 7 minutes last night.  By comparison, Thornton's TOI was 13:20.  He only played 5 minutes against Stl.  Hard to find a rhythm and stand out with that kind of ice time.  My sense is that as CJ has shortened the bench over the past few games; Caron and Camper have been the odd men out.

The kid just turned 21 in November, too early to throw the towel in on him.  That said, I just haven't enough in his game that makes me think he has top-6 potential. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Just shows me that the B's are not a good drafting team and need to overhaul their scouting staff big time. If that includes the GM so be it. He won us the cup but Stanley cup winning coaches have been fired before and GMs should also be held to the "what have you done for me lately" standard as well. How many Carons, Hamills, Buttons, Arniels, et al do we have to suffer through, along with horrid seasons by the minor league team that can't provide desperately needed help when a Horton or Peverley go down? I guess we'll see if Spooner and Knight have "it" before the verdict is complete here. I'm forever grateful to Chia for our cup, but he appears to be resting on that accomplishment. And his trade for Kabs last year in which he gave away everything but the zamboni have strapped him to make a deal this year. He had to be aware of that. Who believes they couldn't have gotten Slabberly for Colborne straight up? He was stinking out the house in Toronto when they got rid of him. Anyway, that's my morning rant after they went AGAIN without being able to win 2 in a row.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesfan09. Show beesfan09's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron:
    [QUOTE]Just shows me that the B's are not a good drafting team and need to overhaul their scouting staff big time. If that includes the GM so be it. He won us the cup but Stanley cup winning coaches have been fired before and GMs should also be held to the "what have you done for me lately" standard as well. How many Carons, Hamills, Buttons, Arniels, et al do we have to suffer through, along with horrid seasons by the minor league team that can't provide desperately needed help when a Horton or Peverley go down? I guess we'll see if Spooner and Knight have "it" before the verdict is complete here. I'm forever grateful to Chia for our cup, but he appears to be resting on that accomplishment. And his trade for Kabs last year in which he gave away everything but the zamboni have strapped him to make a deal this year. He had to be aware of that. Who believes they couldn't have gotten Slabberly for Colborne straight up? He was stinking out the house in Toronto when they got rid of him. Anyway, that's my morning rant after they went AGAIN without being able to win 2 in a row.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Look again the young B's aren't having a bad season and I would give the prospects more credit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

OEC your rant is misinformed. Caron only needs more ice time to demonstrate a solid two way game. Just like Tuuka, who gets stale sitting on the bench, Claude is not helping these young players perfect their skills.Instead, Claude is highlighting Pouliot who has speed and size, but no sense and idea of teamwork to go with his body. Since when is Pouliot a better shootout choice than Marchand, Lucic,Campbell ??? Claude is stuck with what he has, but he is also reluctant to try any of the current crop of young players as he did with Kreji, Lucic,Marchand [ took a while] and McQuaid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Not sure Bogey, I don't see the quickness in Caron that I'd like to see. I was hoping he'd be a Knuble or Glenn Murray type that can plod up and down the wing and fire off shots, but he hasn't shown that yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron:[QUOTE]In Caron's defense, he only played 7 minutes last night.  By comparison, Thornton's TOI was 13:20.  He only played 5 minutes against StlHard to find a rhythm and stand out with that kind of ice time. That said, I just haven't enough in his game that makes me think he has top-6 potential. Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Just typed everything I was going to type. Then throw in who his linemates have been throughout most of the season- duds. I have accepted that this is how Julien brings his rookies along but if Jordan is shipped out then the opposing team asked for him. Late first round picks aren't guaranteed anyways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Just typed everything I was going to type. Then throw in who his linemates have been throughout most of the season- duds. I have accepted that this is how Julien brings his rookies along but if Jordan is shipped out then the opposing team asked for him. Late first round picks aren't guaranteed anyways.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If everyone was healthy and he's getting 7 minutes then i would accept that. The other night in St.Louis the B's are short on players, it's the first of 3 games in 4 nights and Julien has to bench him and Carter for pretty much the whole 3rd period. Tough to blame Julien for Caron getting 7 minutes, if the player has shown something by now he'd be getting more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

He is a young player trying to play the CJ system, it doesn't exactly promote creativity. You say he is off, I say he is trying his best to play the team game. He is stuck in compliance mode and not trying to creat chances for himself or his linemates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : If everyone was healthy and he's getting 7 minutes then i would accept that. The other night in St.Louis the B's are short on players, it's the first of 3 games in 4 nights and Julien has to bench him and Carter for pretty much the whole 3rd period. Tough to blame Julien for Caron getting 7 minutes, if the player has shown something by now he'd be getting more.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Agreed . Players should earn their minutes. So far Caron has done little to warrant increased ice time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jordan Caron:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : If everyone was healthy and he's getting 7 minutes then i would accept that. The other night in St.Louis the B's are short on players, it's the first of 3 games in 4 nights and Julien has to bench him and Carter for pretty much the whole 3rd period. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

When everyone is healthy Caron is on the press level watching. I didn't see any reasons during the games mentioned where he or Carter made bad turnovers to result in a benching. We've seen this before Julien doesn't want rookies on the ice late in tight games hence the low minutes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : When everyone is healthy Caron is on the press level watching. I didn't see any reasons during the games mentioned where he or Carter made bad turnovers to result in a benching. We've seen this before Julien doesn't want rookies on the ice late in tight games hence the low minutes.

I get what your saying, but what good is he right now? If he's geting seven minutes and not playing the thrid period he's getting just under 4:00 minutes a period. Too me, he's not helping your team and the team is not helping him. He should be down Providence playing on the first lline to help improve his game which clearly is not NHL ready right now. The cap space has been there, a deal should have been made now for a 3rd liner to come in, because as I see it, your hurting the player and over working the other players right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm getting impatient for a 3rd line winger who can stay on his feet and create by himself as well Kelv...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Caron's low minute totals seems as much about trust as anything else.  CJ has always trusted his vets when times get tough.  Caron actually had put together solid back-to-back efforts a few games ago, including a goal against the Jets. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Just shows me that the B's are not a good drafting team and need to overhaul their scouting staff big time. If that includes the GM so be it.  He won us the cup but Stanley cup winning coaches have been fired before and GMs should also be held to the "what have you done for me lately" standard as well.

How many Carons, Hamills, Buttons, Arniels, et al do we have to suffer through, along with horrid seasons by the minor league team that can't provide desperately needed help when a Horton or Peverley go down?

I guess we'll see if Spooner and Knight have "it" before the verdict is complete here.

I'm forever grateful to Chia for our cup, but he appears to be resting on that accomplishment. And his trade for Kabs last year in which he gave away everything but the zamboni have strapped him to make a deal this year. He had to be aware of that.  Who believes they couldn't have gotten Slabberle for Colborne straight up? He was stinking out the house in Toronto when they got rid of him.

Anyway, that's my morning rant after they went AGAIN without being able to win 2 in a row.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    The Kaberle deal was horrendous.  I think that's fairly obvious.  Now, If he can get Nash for Tuukka, that would be a great deadline deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : The Kaberle deal was horrendous.  I think that's fairly obvious.  Now, If he can get Nash for Tuukka, that would be a great deadline deal.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Nash for Rask isnt going to happen, and how bad is the Kaberle deal when you have a Cup to show for it?

That said, i'd love to see the B's swing a deal for Andre Kostitsyn, plug him in on the 3rd line, and my guess is it wouldnt cost anyone off the current roster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Nash for Rask isnt going to happen, and how bad is the Kaberle deal when you have a Cup to show for it? That said, i'd love to see the B's swing a deal for Andre Kostitsyn, plug him in on the 3rd line, and my guess is it wouldnt cost anyone off the current roster.
    They won the Cup with Black Aces too.  What's your point?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : Nash for Rask isnt going to happen, and how bad is the Kaberle deal when you have a Cup to show for it? That said, i'd love to see the B's swing a deal for Andre Kostitsyn, plug him in on the 3rd line, and my guess is it wouldnt cost anyone off the current roster.

I agree on taking a flyer on Kostitsyn.  Should be manageable cost and can't be any worse than Pouliot or Caron.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : They won the Cup with Black Aces too.  What's your point?
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Did the Black Aces contribute as much as kaberle? Did they even play? So your saying khubodin/Arneil were as valuable to cup run as Kaberle.

That makes sense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jordan Caron : When everyone is healthy Caron is on the press level watching. I didn't see any reasons during the games mentioned where he or Carter made bad turnovers to result in a benching. We've seen this before Julien doesn't want rookies on the ice late in tight games hence the low minutes.

He made at least two cross-ice passes in the Winnipeg game that were too flat and too soft.  That's why he's not on the ice when they're protecting a lead.  And he's not on the ice when they need a goal, either.  So no wonder his ice time is limited.

I have no strong feeling on Caron one way or another - I think his upside is Anson Carter not Knuble or Murray.  Just a guy who's good on the boards who will get points based on what his line-mates do with the extended possessions he's able to help create.  The biggest thing I haven't seen is what his offensive game is.  His goals have been short range shovel jobs.  I guess that makes him a get to the net guy, but so's everyone.  Not a shooter, not a cycle and pass guy....  I have nothing against him, but no, his lack of impact is about more than linemates and the system.

Sections
Shortcuts